Denver service and delivery center update

sdoorex

First Name
Rexford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
I stopped by about a month ago after the drive electric week at Forney transportation museum. At that time there was not much progress however I stopped by again today and there has been much progress made. The conduit for the DC fast chargers is installed, the ramps for the garage doors is in place, the new garage doors are installed, and there are definitely some lifts installed inside.
Rivian R1T R1S Denver service and delivery center update 763B0793-4CD5-4435-BA76-C13ED5BFAAB3
Rivian R1T R1S Denver service and delivery center update 84495CB3-165B-4334-A482-DA4C08DD3630
Rivian R1T R1S Denver service and delivery center update 37F4A394-D273-48C0-B136-12875D159A81
Sponsored

Pixelshot

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW eGolf
Occupation
Filmmaker
@sdoorex are you in Denver? Let's chat!

Does anyone know the location of the proposed Denver showroom?

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

OP
OP

sdoorex

First Name
Rexford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S

Yes, I’m in the Denver metro. I think the showroom was supposed to be at 29th and Walnut but I haven’t seen any further progress on that location, only the 3853 Steele location that I stopped by.

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Yes, I’m in the Denver metro. I think the showroom was supposed to be at 29th and Walnut but I haven’t seen any further progress on that location, only the 3853 Steele location that I stopped by.
It sure feels like they have scrapped the idea of showrooms for the time being and will just rely on the service centers and the Venice type Hubs. I'm not aware of any showrooms being built?

Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
Yeah, showrooms are not happening for now. Just service centers and they will have some sales tools at the service centers. We’ll be able to see the paint and interior color samples. Service centers will eventually have a couple vehicles for loaner and test drive purposes. But that’s a long ways off — after they have caught up on all the order backlog.

Rivian is planning a couple more hubs like they have in CA. But no details. I think they’re seeing how that one does once the newness wears off.

Interestingly enough though, it seems that some deliveries have made it to the Denver area. I’ve seen two R1Ts in the Arvada area over the last few days. Someone around here has a compass yellow one that I’ve seen twice in three days. Then I saw one tonight at about 80th & Wadsworth. I couldn’t tell if it was white or silver. Saw a post on FB to the Denver Tesla Club group where a local guy was charging his new Launch Green R1T at CO Mills.

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T

In January 2021, Rivian filed a concept plan to build a retail store at 2900 Walnut in Denver. It was to be a sales center with a restaurant and no on-site repairs or servicing. However, that permit was flagged for some unknown zoning issue and there was never any more action on that permit application. The building supply company that was at that location moved out in Feb/March, but the address has been listed as available for lease all summer. Its only a few blocks from my house, so I drive/walk-by that location often. Nothing happening there.

I assumed that Rivian decided to focus on building a service center in Denver, since the permits for the 3893 Steele location became known about the same time the 2900 Walnut location was clearly dead.

I also wonder if they are building a showroom outside Denver. I've found it difficult to search for permits in cities/counties outside Denver. They could put it in some annoying spot like Aspen or Breckinridge to try and capture tourists visiting the state.

Pixelshot

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW eGolf
Occupation
Filmmaker
In January 2021, Rivian filed a concept plan to build a retail store at 2900 Walnut in Denver. It was to be a sales center with a restaurant and no on-site repairs or servicing. However, that permit was flagged for some unknown zoning issue and there was never any more action on that permit application. The building supply company that was at that location moved out in Feb/March, but the address has been listed as available for lease all summer. Its only a few blocks from my house, so I drive/walk-by that location often. Nothing happening there.

I assumed that Rivian decided to focus on building a service center in Denver, since the permits for the 3893 Steele location became known about the same time the 2900 Walnut location was clearly dead.

I also wonder if they are building a showroom outside Denver. I've found it difficult to search for permits in cities/counties outside Denver. They could put it in some annoying spot like Aspen or Breckinridge to try and capture tourists visiting the state.
Cool. thanks for the update. My son's school is right by where you live!

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
C0488EB1-7338-421D-8956-8301A55ABBE0.jpeg

Range anxiety.
The final production version of the R1S has a more retro vibe than I was expecting after seeing the preproduction units!

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Limestone is much more blue than I expected...
Love that they extended the Forest Edge wood trim to the outside. If im ever stranded without any charge, I can always remove that wood and burn for heat. :oops:

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Rivian R1S, 04 GMC Envoy XUV, 05 Saturn Relay 3
Occupation
Ast HR Director
Another Denver Native checking in. Have not seen any Rivian's in person.. But heres to hoping!

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I plan to drive by the service center next week and try to not get arrested. Will be the first time my virgin eyes have seen a Rivian in person!:movember:

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Rivian R1S, 04 GMC Envoy XUV, 05 Saturn Relay 3
Occupation
Ast HR Director
The 3853 Steel St location is only a couple blocks from my work. Might have to swing by and see what I see.. See if I can get some of that Tactile need out of the way..
Sponsored