First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla P100D, 98 TJ, Silverado SS, 18 Camaro 2SS
Occupation
IT
My truck is built in Normal, IL. Like everyone else I am waiting on the edge of my seat for delivery. How long has delivery been taking folks to get to Chelsea from Normal once built and VIN assigned to your account?
Sponsored

p3ck

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I think it was 1-2 weeks for me.. It's unclear how long it was in Chelsea for QA.

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
My truck is built in Normal, IL. Like everyone else I am waiting on the edge of my seat for delivery. How long has delivery been taking folks to get to Chelsea from Normal once built and VIN assigned to your account?
Hard to say since Rivian is constantly interating on their process (e.g. I think they recently switched to transporting vehicles by rail (takes longer) instead of semi).

IIRC for me, my truck made it to Chelsea within days of passing factory QA at which point it took a few days for a Chelsea delivery rep to reach out to schedule delivery, and then I took delivery like a week later.

You'll probably be able to take delivery within a few weeks though.

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
New England isn't getting vehicles by train, as far as I know. All the train stuff is basically from IL and all points west.

That said, I got my VIN assigned one day, and I believe I took delivery just about two weeks later. And that's only because I agreed to go to them (and they won't deliver in Chelsea, they actually met me in Stoneham to do it). If I wanted home delivery, I would have had to have waited another week or so.

Basically once you have your 7 steps cleared, you just wait for the SC to call you to schedule it. It's an agonizing wait but there's nothing you can really do.

kewlasu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LA Silver Adventure Large Pack 21"
Clubs

IIRC it took a week for my truck to get delivered at my home from when the truck was shipped from IL. My home delivery was on a Sat. The truck would have been ready 3 days before if i had opted to drive down to Chelsea.

Sponsored

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Land Cruisers, BMW 535&335, MB 300TD, Cayenne
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

Not long. See timing in my signature

the_mace

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Ford F350 Diesel, Mercedes GLC30
Occupation
CTO
Completed steps 1-7 yesterday. Guide said it would take “a few weeks” until delivery. I’m a little over an hour from Chelsea (west) but with traffic a lot more.

So they don’t actually deliver there? What have they been doing in the MA area?

Guide later said 3/20 for delivery. So like 3.5 weeks from Shop order to delivery if that date holds.
Sponsored

Last edited: