First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
CIO
FWIW - I took delivery of my R1T (former max pack order and finally decided to plunge in and get one from the shop) and it was configured with a full spare which was there at the delivery. I guess your mileage may vary., but definitely not out of the question to expect it to be there if it was on your build sheet / order contract.
Sponsored

Rivdog

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Every service center and delivery is different for some reason. Like most (apparently not all others), my full size spare was removed by Rivian prior to delivery and removed from my spec sheet. Rivian won’t allow me to buy a full size spare at all. Other people with different service centers bought full size spares without an issue, but it’s pretty amazing that they even let you include it in your sale. I thought everyone had to buy it separately, as that is what Rivian told me on multiple different occasions.

RivAW

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Glacier White, Black Mountain, Black AT 20s,
My configuration has a specific line item saying “Full size spare ….… Cost….. Included”
Yes but if you’ve paid attention at all to Rivian information or forums it’s been widely known for sometime that the full size spares are delivered later because they are not in stock and that the 12v outlet in the frunk has been mostly discontinued (excepting some due to using up left over supplies).

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 Tundra/'18 Audi S6/'19 Rubicon/'22 R1T
Are you sure it's still there? Most of us had it removed in late 2022...I was one of them. Since I'm planning to off-road mine, I really need a spare, but they still aren't in the gear shop.
I was in the same boat. Last fall, I drove from SLC, UT to Coronado, CA and was able to meet up with a guy in Ontario, CA who had delivery with 21" AS wheels, but then bought a set of 22" Sports, so he had four 21"s for sale. I bought one from him so I could have a spare.

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 Tundra/'18 Audi S6/'19 Rubicon/'22 R1T
I took delivery today. Everything in the past couple of weeks has actually gone pretty well and today was the magical day of delivery. I had the appointment setup for 3:00pm.

Late yesterday, the service center texted me saying that they had some scheduling issues going on and they’d like to move me to this morning. I replied that I couldn’t due to work conflicts and that I’d need to keep the 3:00 time. However, I could move it up to 2:00pm if that was helpful. They indicated that “2:00 was perfect” and see you then.

I show up about 15 minutes early and the service center is completely organized (and that is saying it politely). I finally get into the person that is responsible for the deliveries, about 25 minutes later. Not that big of a deal. The guy is all over the map and keeps forgetting pretty major things. Then I request to see the vehicle prior to signing anything and he says “sure, we can do that”. We go outside and the vehicle he had pulled around is not remotely close to my order. (He pulled a White R1S and my is a gray R1T). He finds my truck after about 10 more minutes and then we continue. In the middle of that, some other people approached him and started asking questions. Instead of politely telling them he was in the middle of a delivery, he answered their questions.

We proceed to sign up the various pairings & services, so no issues there.

I get home and look the truck over a little more and I don’t have a full sized spare. I have sent a photo to my Guide, but that seems like a pretty significant breakdown in their checklist process. Hopefully I don’t have any hassles or issues with getting the spare tire and rim delivered.

edit: And my model is missing a 12V under the dash and in the frunk. These items were on my checklist while I was at the service center though.
Your Service Center sounds like it was a shit show. I think you meant to say "disorganized" in your post. That sucks. The SLC, SC has been VERY impressive and they've been very fast, thorough, and communicative with me in my 3 visits. Very organized and well run. When I spoke with one of the national contacts who reach out to you on a service ticket, one guy told me that through his experience and opinion that SLC, UT and San Diego, CA are the 2 best service centers in the nation. I consider myself lucky. Oh yeah, I did also have to have mine towed to the SC in San Diego because, due to 50 knot headwinds with a trailer, we ran the Rivian to 0% due to F'ing Electrify America's charging station being shut down in Scipio, UT. It totally screwed us. Had to get towed off I-15 and leave the trailer locked on the side of an offramp. Got towed to a POS motel in Fillmore, UT and was able to charge at a nearby hospital with a 6.5kwh charger. It forced us to spend nearly 24 hrs. at the motel. It was possibly a blessing in disguise as we were trying to beat a nasty winter storm which ended up causing numerous, deadly crashes. Anyway, since it had run to 0%, when we got to Coronado the next day the truck was inoperable and I, again, had to have it towed to the San Diego SC and they had to do a full factory reset. We are all guinea pigs.

Sponsored

911.1 Guy

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Dam Many
Occupation
Finance
I declined delivery until a spare is available. Too many times I have been stuck. Just the other day debris hit my stem and sheared it off. No sealant would have fixed it. On the toll roads here it can be 10 miles between exits.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
My configuration has a specific line item saying “Full size spare ….… Cost….. Included”
When has a full sized spare ever been included and not an extra cost? Can you share a screen shot of this section of your purchase agreement?

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
I declined delivery until a spare is available. Too many times I have been stuck. Just the other day debris hit my stem and sheared it off. No sealant would have fixed it. On the toll roads here it can be 10 miles between exits.
I carry a spare but also Colby valves for that type of situation.
Sponsored