Sponsored

Montucky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, Sprinter
Wouldn't you have to pay sales tax if delivered to Utah?
I've bought quite a few vehicles out of state, and have never paid sales tax. Generally, if the state that is your legal address does not collect sales tax, the dealer just collects payment with temp tag fees, dealer prep, etc. and sends you out the door with the paperwork that you need to register in your home state.

Your wait is crazy! Hope the change to the Oregon address will speed things up.
Sponsored

genepopemt

First Name
gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander, Ford F-350
Occupation
retired
Wouldn't you have to pay sales tax if delivered to Utah?

My order is for western Montana and I'm Max Pack (waiting for updated web site to decide if I'm switching to dual motor or what), hoping for mid 2024 but this isn't very encouraging. Partly I don't mind the extra wait because I need time to save $ anyway, but if I'm looking at late 2024 or later I might look at changing to an Oregon address or something (also no sales tax like MT).
I am in western Montana too! (Trout Creek). Giving the BS they are putting out bout service centers we may never get a Rivian sold to us. Some people who are within 5 miles of a Rivian service center say they are getting the PE BS with the same excuse about service centers. If you have to live within 5 miles of a service center they are saying that rivians are for rich urbanites who live within 100 miles of the coast. Note the Tesla sells far more vehicles than Rivian and even now they have zero service centers in Montana and only 1 in Idaho (Boise). I think you are correct in that we need to have a second home near a service center if we expect to ever get a Rivian.

milliemc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
retired
Clubs

Agreed. The real problem here is OP spreading misinformation. It’s ok to monitor these reports and man does that suck but one report is hardly justification to say “OMG don’t charge at EA your truck might explode”, yes I exaggerated the comments.

If the electronics are going to fry it’s certainly going to happen when you push >200kW into it. It could be a problem with the EA charger and yes we have seen some reports of the new chargers causing issues when they send more juice then asked for but it’s also possible something just broke on the truck.
This is a relatively new technology with untested interfaces. I like the fact that people share their experiences. It helps us keep up to date. We drive a Tesla. Model 3, 2020 and, overall, have had good experiences. No problems with charging. We are not fans of the FSD--but mainly just do short haul driving to town and back.

Sponsored

AbhorViolence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 VW GTI, 1998 Toyota Tacoma
I am in western Montana too! (Trout Creek). Giving the BS they are putting out bout service centers we may never get a Rivian sold to us. Some people who are within 5 miles of a Rivian service center say they are getting the PE BS with the same excuse about service centers. If you have to live within 5 miles of a service center they are saying that rivians are for rich urbanites who live within 100 miles of the coast. Note the Tesla sells far more vehicles than Rivian and even now they have zero service centers in Montana and only 1 in Idaho (Boise). I think you are correct in that we need to have a second home near a service center if we expect to ever get a Rivian.
Wow, Trout Creek! I'm from near Thompson Falls! Crazy. Never would have thought there would be another Rivian order in the area, it's so sparsely populated.

Yeah depending on what kind of update I get as a Max Pack holder end of this month.. I'm seriously considering changing to a friend's address in Portland Oregon.

Seems unlikely we'll even get a service center in Missoula any time soon. Probably have to go over to Spokane.

ciderarchitect

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 2018 Honda CRV
Occupation
Architect/Contractor
Wow, Trout Creek! I'm from near Thompson Falls! Crazy. Never would have thought there would be another Rivian order in the area, it's so sparsely populated.

Yeah depending on what kind of update I get as a Max Pack holder end of this month.. I'm seriously considering changing to a friend's address in Portland Oregon.

Seems unlikely we'll even get a service center in Missoula any time soon. Probably have to go over to Spokane.
No service center in Spokane in the foreseeable future. Spokane is in the same boat as western MT in this Rivian deal…

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

21241B5B-9AAD-427D-B036-D142666A0853.png

This is what I recently sent to customer service. Probably will not help but this is what I think many is us want Rivian to understand
Your post closely mirrors my sentiments back in mid-October of 2022. I had gone 44 months (since reserving) without ever receiving a delivery estimate. Rivian's communications have improved, but there's still room for improvement, to say the least.

genepopemt

First Name
gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander, Ford F-350
Occupation
retired

If you find yourself near Childs RD and in need of a charge, stop in. I have already had the Rivian charger installed in anticipation of a Q4 2022 delivery.

Byulasfjazz

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Van
Occupation
Franchise owner
Really really hoping it’s February.. anyone else have this time frame?
Rivian R1T R1S Delivery Estimate Updates Are Out! ⏱️ [as of Jan 31, 2022] 5B34983A-F759-4BE9-89FA-49162B1B6190

Sponsored

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Really really hoping it’s February.. anyone else have this time frame?
5B34983A-F759-4BE9-89FA-49162B1B6190.jpeg
My order page still shows "processing estimate," after the update in Jan. YMMV.

Last edited:

Byulasfjazz

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Van
Occupation
Franchise owner
I was assigned a guide pack in December and I was in “processing December -January

haven’t seen any steps ..

quartz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Clarity PHEV
Clubs

My order page still shows "processing estimate," after the update in Jan. YMMV.
Did you confirm your config this year? Do you have Shop access? Seems like those pending fulfillment (confirmed but no vin assignment), and are closest to the front of the queue, didn’t get a delivery estimate and cannot get Shop access anymore.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Did you confirm your config this year? Do you have Shop access? Seems like those pending fulfillment (confirmed but no vin assignment), and are closest to the front of the queue, didn’t get a delivery estimate and cannot get Shop access anymore.
Yes confirmed config 11/2022, had shop access in January, but was told vehicle was in production and shop access removed. Though there hasn’t been any movement or update in about a month, which seems long for production hopefully not some major QC issue holding the vehicle up.

quartz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Clarity PHEV
Clubs

Yes confirmed config 11/2022, had shop access in January, but was told vehicle was in production and shop access removed. Though there hasn’t been any movement or update in about a month, which seems long for production hopefully not some major QC issue holding the vehicle up.
Interesting. It sounds like both of our builds have started construction, but no vin assignment yet. I wouldn’t read too much into the January slowdown, they had to shut down the factory for a few days for retooling (presumably for dual-motor builds). Plus, they were actively ramping up second shift, which most certainly required a process change to maximize efficiency.
Sponsored