Sponsored

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Thanks for posting this. I was wondering about R1T Max Pack Dual Motor preorders. I know they originally said they'd start delivering those in the summer of 2023, but I hadn't read any posts reporting such an estimated delivery timeframe after the January 2023 delivery estimate update.

I had postulated in another thread that I suspected the announcement of R1T Max Pack Dual Motor deliveries starting this summer was the reason Rivian seems to have batched and moved up dual motor deliveries across the R1 line, but Rivian again seems to be hedging on the Max Pack yet again.

I am most curious about these Dual Motor Max Pack configurator options. I wonder if it's powered tonneau cover related? Maybe they are still on track for summer 2023 Max Pack deliveries?

Keep us updated.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

"If at any time you reconfigure or change your delivery address, the delivery estimate in your Account will update to “Processing estimate” pending our next scheduled refresh. It’s important to note that changing your configuration will almost always result in your delivery estimate moving back."
almost being the operative word....

changed my R1S config to R1T triggering a "config confirmation" and subsequently switched it back to R1S a couple weeks later and it pulled my Est. Delivery in by 6-months. :p

• Sad
Reactions: Guy

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
almost being the operative word....

changed my R1S config to R1T triggering a "config confirmation" and subsequently switched it back to R1S a couple weeks later and it pulled my Est. Delivery in by 6-months. :p
The reality is you aren't the only one who is doing this and Rivian is going to catch on!

Reactions: Guy

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

The reality is you aren't the only one who is doing this and Rivian is going to catch on!
sounds unbelievable perhaps... but I actually made the first switch in full sincerity. Ironically i was principally motivated by getting the Jan-Dec 2024 news for the R1S. So went with the R1T expecting it to improve delivery based on the predominance of R1T builds. That was validated in my mind with the Confirm/lock configuration email came within a couple days. Locked it in with my guide. Then over the next 2-3 weeks I just kept reflecting on the SUV attributes especially the shorter overall length and better turning radius (and offroad gains). Just knew when the T came I'd be happy but always thinking, man I should have waited for the S. I reached-out to my guide and asked to flip it back to R1S and she did without drama. All that happened during the month of December.

FWIW - the R1T status remained "Processing estimate" the whole time. Never saw what its revised delivery improvement may (or may not) have been.

Last edited:

Sponsored

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I haven't been keeping up to date, sorry for the question.

Have you pre-March people (with Max packs/Quad motors) updated your config to Dual motor? At this point I think I'd go with the Max dual motor if it means 400+ miles of range and delivery this year but I hesitate to mess up my Q by changing my config....

I'm a Nov 2020 pre order holder with a Max/Quad reservation.

runwithscissors

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, MDX, R1S
AND much MUCH less value for the trade in (if applicable)
Win/Win ;) I don't believe rates will be dropping at all. I fully expect this inflation to get much worse and the auto industry/lenders will be a mess. Great thread on it:

KootenayEV

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Environmental Engineer
"If at any time you reconfigure or change your delivery address, the delivery estimate in your Account will update to “Processing estimate” pending our next scheduled refresh. It’s important to note that changing your configuration will almost always result in your delivery estimate moving back."
Where did you get the bolded part? I asked a customer service rep in chat this exact question before I made a configuration change and they told me it might go either way, depending on various factors...

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Where did you get the bolded part? I asked a customer service rep in chat this exact question before I made a configuration change and they told me it might go either way, depending on various factors...
All of that language was included in the email I received from Rivian re: the end of January update. Seems like some people got different emails.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Can't help but notice that all Rivian social media has gone dark since they updated the timing. Even LinkedIn! The company (correctly) believes that anything it posts in the near term is going to get flooded with angry comments.
Probably best for now

Sponsored

Impromptu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Pacifica
If I start a Youtube channel that reviews EV Trucks and SUVs, how can I let Rivian know that I have this channel so that I can get my delivery next month?

RivianBlueSLC

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivial Blue R1S
Occupation
Mechanic
Can't help but notice that all Rivian social media has gone dark since they updated the timing. Even LinkedIn! The company (correctly) believes that anything it posts in the near term is going to get flooded with angry comments.

Yeah this after their last communication disaster they promised to be more in touch.

I think RJ needs to bring in a proper CEO that can focus on actually doing .

AbhorViolence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 VW GTI, 1998 Toyota Tacoma
It's always been "processing estimate" but an early call to customer service I was initially told Dec '22 - Jan '23. I've seen a few Rivians up here in Bozeman, so clearly they are delivering here but the email many of us got last year indicates that they are delaying shipments to those of us who are not near a service center. Note that I have an alternate address on my account for the SLC service center hoping that might help to accelerate my delivery by picking it up down there.
Wouldn't you have to pay sales tax if delivered to Utah?

My order is for western Montana and I'm Max Pack (waiting for updated web site to decide if I'm switching to dual motor or what), hoping for mid 2024 but this isn't very encouraging. Partly I don't mind the extra wait because I need time to save $ anyway, but if I'm looking at late 2024 or later I might look at changing to an Oregon address or something (also no sales tax like MT).

AbhorViolence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 VW GTI, 1998 Toyota Tacoma
Just got my updates, looks like they regret the Montana deliveries they've made because my new windows are July-Dec. 2024, which would represent a 5-year wait from my Sept.2019 preorders. Beat that!
This might be enough to get to me change to an Oregon delivery address. I'm Max pack. Seems likely I won't get delivery till 2025 at this rate, in Montana.

MTStuart

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Toyota Tundra
This might be enough to get to me change to an Oregon delivery address. I'm Max pack. Seems likely I won't get delivery till 2025 at this rate, in Montana.
I changed my address to the SLC service center. Looking forward to the next update in April.
Sponsored