Sponsored

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
This thing is already becoming: “this is why you should only buy a Tesla” banter for the Tesla/Elon fanboys.

Rather than post this primarily for the attention, this person should have waited to give the full picture, which will likely show it’s EA at fault.

It’s just frustrating to see people soooo eager to post content, just for the knee-jerk likes, comments, attention. Everybody wants to feel important.

And in my opinion, Kyle isn’t helping. Hiding behind: “we need more data” but seeing a lot of his posts with less than clear innuendos don’t help how people ultimately interpret his message
Sponsored

Last edited:

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I’m not assuming anything. That’s why I posted here to see what others have heard or seen, as I’ve stated above. But okay buddy
LOL.. I’m not your buddy friend…

Byulasfjazz

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Van
Occupation
Franchise owner
I got the “end of January” for my R1T, (March 22 preorder) I haven’t heard a peep. I called them on the 25th and my guide said expect an update on Monday to your status. We shall see

Sponsored

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
I got the “end of January” for my R1T, (March 22 preorder) I haven’t heard a peep. I called them on the 25th and my guide said expect an update on Monday to your status. We shall see
Your guide picks up the phone? Count your blessings.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Crazy. I heard about a case where a MachE had a connector weld itself to the charge port. Suspicion was some sort of contamination or a damaged connector/handle.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/dcfc-melted-welded-to-mach-e-charge-port-during-charging-session-updated-with-photos-😱.23743/
With the EV haters out there I wouldn’t put it past someone to put 2 part epoxy in a connector so it mixes when the connector is inserted. 🙄 Never underestimate the ability of a-holes to be a-holes.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

With the EV haters out there I wouldn’t put it past someone to put 2 part epoxy in a connector so it mixes when the connector is inserted. 🙄 Never underestimate the ability of a-holes to be a-holes.
I can't say I've ever bothered to inspect the pins on a CCS cable before inserting it into my EV. Suppose it might be worth the extra few seconds. I mean, my Rivian does have a flashlight right there, or I could flip on the flood light in the mirror.

The more I think about this, the more I wonder if EA's biggest problem is some vigilante Teslastans that are damaging the ports/cables intentionally to make EA less reliable.
Sponsored

Last edited: