First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Model 3, ‘22 Model Y, R1S reservation holder
Occupation
Physician
Probably best to get in line for any vehicle that interests you. A couple years to get a factory order Porsche now seems reasonable. I was surprised at how many people were willing to wait years for the new Model S Performance when they could have ordered and waited for a Taycan and have a customized vehicle.
New volvo/polestar SUV and Kia EV9 in the works, consider those
Sponsored

doozenberg

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Physician
Great to see your ability to be positive, however I am on the totally opposite end of the spectrum.....I am pissed. I like you have an April 2019 R1T pre-order. I initially had a july-sept 2022 delivery window. That window was removed and I have gotten the run around ever since. I was told I would get a new delivery window in July 2022, by the end of the summer, in october, by the end of January and now in April.....This is complete BS and I have lost all faith in Rivian as a company and brand. They have flat out lied to me over and over again. The delay has now actually cost me quite a bit of money (have a tesla who's value has dropped nearly $20,000 since last Sept.) and an F150 lightening. (Had a reservation which was fulfilled in oct of last year but gave it to my brother because should be getting my Rivian very soon...Bah HaHaHaHa). Used to be a real fanboy but now a real hater.....Fork you Rivian.....I no longer wish them to succeed. I am sorry to all of you guys who have been So loyal and already have your vehicles. No ill will towards any of you but I wouldn't be bummed at this point if the company failed, which if they keep pissing off the fan base will certainly happen.

I am not going to cancel my reservations. I have 2. Both are pre-March pricing and I will most likely (unless insolvency is looming) buy them both at a significant loss for Rivian just to make myself feel like I'm getting back at the company for stringing me along and outright lying to me and many others for what will be more than 4 years by the time I get a truck.
Honest question: if they really do go belly up, what happens to the value of delivered cars? Go up or down? Warranty?

doozenberg

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Physician
R1S order, Dual motor, with Adventure package and Large battery pack. Delivery window now shows April-June 2023. Almost stunned to see it move from 2024 to 2023. Hope they don’t play a cruel game here with me.
They've done it before, wouldn't hold breath, but

Rivian R1T R1S Delivery Estimate Updates Are Out! ⏱️ [as of Jan 31, 2022] 1675903400296

cjones1130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi Q7 , 2023 Red Canyon Rivian R1T
Yes confirmed config 11/2022, had shop access in January, but was told vehicle was in production and shop access removed. Though there hasn’t been any movement or update in about a month, which seems long for production hopefully not some major QC issue holding the vehicle up.
I'm in the exact same boat; Est delivery was Feb/Mar, confirmed in Nov (w/color change), est went processing, shop access gained, shop access lost end of Jan w/new est of Apr/May. Guide stated I would gain access back within a few days, never did then he said it was b/c " this is actually because we have a vehicle finishing production in your current configuration. Once complete, it will be wrapped with the PPF and shipped to our service center in Atlanta."

The wait continues...

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
I'm in the exact same boat; Est delivery was Feb/Mar, confirmed in Nov (w/color change), est went processing, shop access gained, shop access lost end of Jan w/new est of Apr/May. Guide stated I would gain access back within a few days, never did then he said it was b/c " this is actually because we have a vehicle finishing production in your current configuration. Once complete, it will be wrapped with the PPF and shipped to our service center in Atlanta."

The wait continues...
Only diff original delivery estimate Dec-Jan 😅.

Sponsored

Bondo

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Cooper S
Our updated estimate has our R1S pushed back by a year. We're now Jan -Jun 2024. We're pretty disappointed as our previous estimate was first half of 2023. Our options are all standard so I'm not sure why it got pushed back so much.
Quad motor, large battery, road wheels...

We ordered in May of 2021 and, of course, I understand that that's not as early as some have ordered but I keep reading people saying that they have similar estimated dates when they only ordered a few months ago. What gives?

Our only consolation is that the Volvo EX90 should be shipping in early 2024 and that's probably the first vehicle that we'd consider getting instead of the R1S. We'll probably get whichever is available to us first as we have three small kids and are currently driving them around in a VW Golf wagon :)

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti
Clubs

Great to see your ability to be positive, however I am on the totally opposite end of the spectrum.....I am pissed. I like you have an April 2019 R1T pre-order. I initially had a july-sept 2022 delivery window. That window was removed and I have gotten the run around ever since. I was told I would get a new delivery window in July 2022, by the end of the summer, in october, by the end of January and now in April.....This is complete BS and I have lost all faith in Rivian as a company and brand. They have flat out lied to me over and over again. The delay has now actually cost me quite a bit of money (have a tesla who's value has dropped nearly $20,000 since last Sept.) and an F150 lightening. (Had a reservation which was fulfilled in oct of last year but gave it to my brother because should be getting my Rivian very soon...Bah HaHaHaHa). Used to be a real fanboy but now a real hater.....Fork you Rivian.....I no longer wish them to succeed. I am sorry to all of you guys who have been So loyal and already have your vehicles. No ill will towards any of you but I wouldn't be bummed at this point if the company failed, which if they keep pissing off the fan base will certainly happen.

I am not going to cancel my reservations. I have 2. Both are pre-March pricing and I will most likely (unless insolvency is looming) buy them both at a significant loss for Rivian just to make myself feel like I'm getting back at the company for stringing me along and outright lying to me and many others for what will be more than 4 years by the time I get a truck.
It’s a car. Get over it. Wishing for a company to go belly up just to make you feel better is pathetic. Real people depend on Rivian for a salary and to put food on the table.

It’s just a material possession for you but a livelihood for others.

Grow the heck up. Stop acting like a child.
Start a car company if you can do a better job.

Money talks, bullshit walks.
Rivian is honoring the pre-price hike orders.

they could’ve sent you packing a long time ago.

Cancel your order and move on or sit there like a good boy waiting for your vehicle to be ready.

milliemc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
retired
Clubs

If I start a Youtube channel that reviews EV Trucks and SUVs, how can I let Rivian know that I have this channel so that I can get my delivery next month?
Ask them to borrow a vehicle to showcase..

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Small zombie revival. For those who have looked at your graphql output for your preorder, what are the fields for state, configurationStatus`, fulfillmentSummaryStatus, eligibleForNewVehicleInventoryMarketplace, and vehicleId showing? Only really curious to see one person's output for a confirmed preorder who has R1 Shop access. I just lost shop access today and I think some of those fields changed for me, but I didn't save the previous data.

silkyjohnson

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch Edition, Tesla Model 3
Small zombie revival. For those who have looked at your graphql output for your preorder, what are the fields for state, configurationStatus`, fulfillmentSummaryStatus, eligibleForNewVehicleInventoryMarketplace, and vehicleId showing? Only really curious to see one person's output for a confirmed preorder who has R1 Shop access. I just lost shop access today and I think some of those fields changed for me, but I didn't save the previous data.
Just checked mine. The January delivery estimate update is gone and I'm back to "processing".

Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
So, next delivery estimate will be End of April, right?

Surfinkal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LA Silver R1T
Occupation
Data Engineer

Mister Person

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius
Clubs

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere.

R1S, Sept '21 reservation, July-Sept '23 delivery estimate.

I just changed my R1S from Black Mountain to Ocean Coast. Any idea if I should expect my delivery window to change when they do the update in a few days?

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere.

R1S, Sept '21 reservation, July-Sept '23 delivery estimate.

I just changed my R1S from Black Mountain to Ocean Coast. Any idea if I should expect my delivery window to change when they do the update in a few days?
All we know for sure is that your next delivery window update will reflect your change to OC interior, per an email from Rivian:

“Refreshed delivery windows arrive by the end of April. To receive the most accurate delivery window estimate, please review your configuration and delivery address by April 15th at 11:59 PM PT.”

It may or may not change from the last one you received.

milliemc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
retired
Clubs

So, is there anyone in Mew Mexico who has received their R1T? Since our closest Service Center is Denver, CO, five hours away, I wonder if we will ever get notice to configure.
Sponsored