Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Can't help but notice that all Rivian social media has gone dark since they updated the timing. Even LinkedIn! The company (correctly) believes that anything it posts in the near term is going to get flooded with angry comments.
Probably best for now
Sponsored

Impromptu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Pacifica
If I start a Youtube channel that reviews EV Trucks and SUVs, how can I let Rivian know that I have this channel so that I can get my delivery next month?

RivianBlueSLC

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivial Blue R1S
Occupation
Mechanic
Can't help but notice that all Rivian social media has gone dark since they updated the timing. Even LinkedIn! The company (correctly) believes that anything it posts in the near term is going to get flooded with angry comments.

Yeah this after their last communication disaster they promised to be more in touch.

I think RJ needs to bring in a proper CEO that can focus on actually doing .

AbhorViolence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 VW GTI, 1998 Toyota Tacoma
It's always been "processing estimate" but an early call to customer service I was initially told Dec '22 - Jan '23. I've seen a few Rivians up here in Bozeman, so clearly they are delivering here but the email many of us got last year indicates that they are delaying shipments to those of us who are not near a service center. Note that I have an alternate address on my account for the SLC service center hoping that might help to accelerate my delivery by picking it up down there.
Wouldn't you have to pay sales tax if delivered to Utah?

My order is for western Montana and I'm Max Pack (waiting for updated web site to decide if I'm switching to dual motor or what), hoping for mid 2024 but this isn't very encouraging. Partly I don't mind the extra wait because I need time to save $ anyway, but if I'm looking at late 2024 or later I might look at changing to an Oregon address or something (also no sales tax like MT).

AbhorViolence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just got my updates, looks like they regret the Montana deliveries they've made because my new windows are July-Dec. 2024, which would represent a 5-year wait from my Sept.2019 preorders. Beat that!
This might be enough to get to me change to an Oregon delivery address. I'm Max pack. Seems likely I won't get delivery till 2025 at this rate, in Montana.

Sponsored

MTStuart

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Toyota Tundra
This might be enough to get to me change to an Oregon delivery address. I'm Max pack. Seems likely I won't get delivery till 2025 at this rate, in Montana.
I changed my address to the SLC service center. Looking forward to the next update in April.

Montucky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, Sprinter
I've bought quite a few vehicles out of state, and have never paid sales tax. Generally, if the state that is your legal address does not collect sales tax, the dealer just collects payment with temp tag fees, dealer prep, etc. and sends you out the door with the paperwork that you need to register in your home state.

Your wait is crazy! Hope the change to the Oregon address will speed things up.

genepopemt

First Name
gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander, Ford F-350
Occupation
retired

My order is for western Montana and I'm Max Pack (waiting for updated web site to decide if I'm switching to dual motor or what), hoping for mid 2024 but this isn't very encouraging. Partly I don't mind the extra wait because I need time to save $ anyway, but if I'm looking at late 2024 or later I might look at changing to an Oregon address or something (also no sales tax like MT).
I am in western Montana too! (Trout Creek). Giving the BS they are putting out bout service centers we may never get a Rivian sold to us. Some people who are within 5 miles of a Rivian service center say they are getting the PE BS with the same excuse about service centers. If you have to live within 5 miles of a service center they are saying that rivians are for rich urbanites who live within 100 miles of the coast. Note the Tesla sells far more vehicles than Rivian and even now they have zero service centers in Montana and only 1 in Idaho (Boise). I think you are correct in that we need to have a second home near a service center if we expect to ever get a Rivian.

milliemc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
retired
Agreed. The real problem here is OP spreading misinformation. It’s ok to monitor these reports and man does that suck but one report is hardly justification to say “OMG don’t charge at EA your truck might explode”, yes I exaggerated the comments.

If the electronics are going to fry it’s certainly going to happen when you push >200kW into it. It could be a problem with the EA charger and yes we have seen some reports of the new chargers causing issues when they send more juice then asked for but it’s also possible something just broke on the truck.
This is a relatively new technology with untested interfaces. I like the fact that people share their experiences. It helps us keep up to date. We drive a Tesla. Model 3, 2020 and, overall, have had good experiences. No problems with charging. We are not fans of the FSD--but mainly just do short haul driving to town and back.

Sponsored

AbhorViolence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am in western Montana too! (Trout Creek). Giving the BS they are putting out bout service centers we may never get a Rivian sold to us. Some people who are within 5 miles of a Rivian service center say they are getting the PE BS with the same excuse about service centers. If you have to live within 5 miles of a service center they are saying that rivians are for rich urbanites who live within 100 miles of the coast. Note the Tesla sells far more vehicles than Rivian and even now they have zero service centers in Montana and only 1 in Idaho (Boise). I think you are correct in that we need to have a second home near a service center if we expect to ever get a Rivian.
Wow, Trout Creek! I'm from near Thompson Falls! Crazy. Never would have thought there would be another Rivian order in the area, it's so sparsely populated.

Yeah depending on what kind of update I get as a Max Pack holder end of this month.. I'm seriously considering changing to a friend's address in Portland Oregon.

Seems unlikely we'll even get a service center in Missoula any time soon. Probably have to go over to Spokane.

ciderarchitect

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma, Honda CRV
Occupation
Architect
Wow, Trout Creek! I'm from near Thompson Falls! Crazy. Never would have thought there would be another Rivian order in the area, it's so sparsely populated.

Yeah depending on what kind of update I get as a Max Pack holder end of this month.. I'm seriously considering changing to a friend's address in Portland Oregon.

Seems unlikely we'll even get a service center in Missoula any time soon. Probably have to go over to Spokane.
No service center in Spokane in the foreseeable future. Spokane is in the same boat as western MT in this Rivian deal…

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '17 Benz GLC43, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
21241B5B-9AAD-427D-B036-D142666A0853.png

This is what I recently sent to customer service. Probably will not help but this is what I think many is us want Rivian to understand
Your post closely mirrors my sentiments back in mid-October of 2022. I had gone 44 months (since reserving) without ever receiving a delivery estimate. Rivian's communications have improved, but there's still room for improvement, to say the least.

genepopemt

First Name
gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander, Ford F-350
Occupation
retired

If you find yourself near Childs RD and in need of a charge, stop in. I have already had the Rivian charger installed in anticipation of a Q4 2022 delivery.
Sponsored

Sponsored

Sponsored