Sponsored

Delivery day - Front damper replaced, truck repaired. A+ to Rivian service/Guide

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Some of you may have seen my post a few weeks ago where my truck was delivered and subsequently broke 10 min later only to have Rivian come and take it back.

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...ssible-due-to-overheated-air-compressor.5882/

This is a follow up to that posting.

After Rivian picked up my vehicle, Wed 6/1 - (great roadside service BTW) I contacted my guide and they arranged to provide me Lyft credits. The next day, Thur 6/2 I got a call from the Service Manager at the SF service center. She was very helpful and told me they had identified the problem (blown damper) and had ordered the parts which would be in by the end of the week, Friday 6/3.

I mentioned to her that I had a planned trip to Las Vegas and was going to take my Rivian on 6/3. Since it was now in the shop she offered me an R1T loaner which was delivered to my house on Thur 6/2. Monday 6/6 I got another follow up call from her. She told me what they were going to do and said the truck should be done mid week - Wed 6/8. I mentioned to her that I noticed some panel gaps on my brief walk around on delivery and asked if they could be fixed while they had the truck. She responded 'no problem'.

We talked a little more and I said I had delayed my Vegas trip and she was wondering if I could still make it albeit a week later. I said that would work but I needed a truck. She encouraged me to take the loaner R1T! Prior to leaving in the loaner I got call saying in my truck was ready to be picked up, Wed 6/8 but I had already packed the loaner and said I'd pick up my truck when I got back. The loaner worked great and the trip was great.

When I retuned to town I dropped off the white loaner and picked up my truck at the Service Center. I finally got to drive my ordered Launch green truck and have been completely happy with it. The panel gaps were fixed, the truck was aligned and washed and looked brand new.

In summary I have to give Rivian an A+ on the service. The parts were ordered and received within two days and the truck repaired two days later. All in all it took a week which I find amazing in this challenging supply chain environment. My guide along with the roadside assistance person and the Service Manger were fantastic, keeping me in the loop and answering all my questions along the way.

Considering Rivian is a brand new company makes this even more incredible. I hope they can continue with this level of service as they move forward. It really was a great first effort and they have one very happy customer.

For those that want to know what went wrong:

Rivian R1T R1S Delivery day - Front damper replaced, truck repaired. A+ to Rivian service/Guide 1655779129265
Sponsored

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
"dampener" :facepalm:😄