Delivery Canceled and Vin no long available

LebrarianBooker

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
was this the word used by the guide? WTF????
Yep. Pickup for the vehicle was scheduled and everything. Had signed the purchase agreement and was about to upload check details from CU when suddenly everything was unavailable through my account. Rivian gave no details for a few days before finally receiving word from my guide this AM
Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Yep. Pickup for the vehicle was scheduled and everything. Had signed the purchase agreement and was about to upload check details from CU when suddenly everything was unavailable through my account. Rivian gave no details for a few days before finally receiving word from my guide this AM
That's brutal.

My truck is supposedly in transit to my service center. I have not filled out the 7th step payment and I won't until I get to the service center after they have QC'd it. I won't feel like it's real until I am standing in front of it.

The 8th step opened up for me yesterday and I picked a time today to get my truck - but then I texted my guide to confirm and he said the truck isn't even there yet. He cancelled the pick up and said to wait until he let me know it had arrived at the El Segundo Service Center.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So i was supped to get my truck two Fridays ago. They set the appointment and then 5 hours later cancelled. I paid in full, the only step that didn’t go through was the insurance. I didn’t have a VIN and couldn’t get my guide to get it to me. I went to the Venice hub and got someone to email a team of people. Two days later, which was last Friday they set a delivery appointment for this coming Weds. I still can’t get my VIN # so I can finish the insurance paperwork.
So honestly Im now expecting them to cancel my delivery because my insurance paperwork is not complete. They have my 84k, and like most the experience has been rocky at best. Supposedly my truck had paint damage that needed to be addressed in their El Segundo hub.
Ill try again tomorrow and Tuesday to get the damn VIN#. My guide keeps telling me it should be on my order page. It is not.
My signed contract has the VIN #. is your contract blank in the VIN section?

Any update on your situation?

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
That's brutal.

My truck is supposedly in transit to my service center. I have not filled out the 7th step payment and I won't until I get to the service center after they have QC'd it. I won't feel like it's real until I am standing in front of it.

The 8th step opened up for me yesterday and I picked a time today to get my truck - but then I texted my guide to confirm and he said the truck isn't even there yet. He cancelled the pick up and said to wait until he let me know it had arrived at the El Segundo Service Center.
I plan on doing the same thing. Not doing insurance step or payment step until my guide can confirm the truck is at the service center and waiting.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I plan on doing the same thing. Not doing insurance step or payment step until my guide can confirm the truck is at the service center and waiting.
Yeah I had my insurance company send me a "memorandum of insurance" which essentially lists my coverage and the VIN number but doesn't require me to start paying. I uploaded that to Rivian and that's all they needed.

I haven't touched the payment step at all. I have the cash I need in an account and I can literally do the ACH payment on my phone at the El Segundo service center when I get there. My guide has confirmed that's fine.

I'll let you know if I run in to any issues.

Sponsored

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
I have not filled out the 7th step payment and I won't until I get to the service center after they have QC'd it.
Be careful on reading the messaging. When they messaged me about scheduling delivery, I read "Your R1T has arrived and passed pre-delivery inspection", but what they wrote was "Your R1T has arrived and is prepped pre-delivery inspection".

I went ahead and paid up a couple days before delivery pick up before I noticed that. Luckily, my guide confirmed that the vehicle passed inspection and I'm all set for tomorrow, but I had a minor panic attack realizing I had sent the money over before guaranteeing the truck was good. My pick up is at the factory, so I also sort of assumed it would have been fully prepped before they contacted me.

So if you are trying to ensure everything is OK, make sure that PDI has completed before sending over the money (which was my intention). (I still strongly believe they shouldn't accept money until PDI has been completed.)

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Be careful on reading the messaging. When they messaged me about scheduling delivery, I read "Your R1T has arrived and passed pre-delivery inspection", but what they wrote was "Your R1T has arrived and is prepped pre-delivery inspection".

I went ahead and paid up a couple days before delivery pick up before I noticed that. Luckily, my guide confirmed that the vehicle passed inspection and I'm all set for tomorrow, but I had a minor panic attack realizing I had sent the money over before guaranteeing the truck was good. My pick up is at the factory, so I also sort of assumed it would have been fully prepped before they contacted me.

So if you are trying to ensure everything is OK, make sure that PDI has completed before sending over the money (which was my intention). (I still strongly believe they shouldn't accept money until PDI has been completed.)
Thanks - luckily I have read enough here to be prepared. Won’t pay until I get there and see it.

Congrats on your pick up and hope you post photos!

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Thanks - luckily I have read enough here to be prepared. Won’t pay until I get there and see it.

Congrats on your pick up and hope you post photos!
I have my dSLR packed, it's supposed to be a beautiful day. I'll definitely be sharing photos!

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation