Sponsored

Deliveries and Camp Kitchen?

OrthoBlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, X5 PHEV
Does any know if Rivian has delivered any vehicles with the Camp Kitchen?

If not, do we know if Rivian is giving customers an option to take delivery of the vehicle without the Camp Kitchen [to be delivered later], or are customers with Camp Kitchen pushed to back in the line for now?
Sponsored

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE / 2018 Lexus GX
I am wondering the same. I have a March - April delivery with Camp Kitchen. I already have a buyer interested in my F150 Raptor. Would hate for my delivery to be delayed because of the kitchen. And I just got an e-mail about the Raptor Bronco - which I've been anticipating with glee for years. Trying to convince the wife she needs an R1T or a Raptor Bronco - so I can drive both :)

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
It is not uncommon for a vehicle’s accessories to be delivered after the vehicle itself, which apppears to be the case here

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

At least to employees, they just have been delivering without it to be installed at later date.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I am wondering the same. I have a March - April delivery with Camp Kitchen. I already have a buyer interested in my F150 Raptor. Would hate for my delivery to be delayed because of the kitchen. And I just got an e-mail about the Raptor Bronco - which I've been anticipating with glee for years. Trying to convince the wife she needs an R1T or a Raptor Bronco - so I can drive both :)
have you asked rivian about when the camp kitchen would arrive? Curious what they might tell you.

Sponsored

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
The Rivian rep on my test drive back in November told me that there were (at the time) only five functioning camp kitchens currently in existence, and that the earlier trucks will be delivered without it, to be added on by the service center later

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

The Rivian rep on my test drive back in November told me that there were (at the time) only five functioning camp kitchens currently in existence, and that the earlier trucks will be delivered without it, to be added on by the service center later
I wonder how long this is going to be true. Is the gear shuttle installed but the kitchen is delayed?

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 1974 914
Occupation
Engineer
Would they charge us the full amount (truck + kitchen) and deliver later? That would not be ideal. I would rather keep the $5k in my pocket and not pay for it in advance.

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
I wonder how long this is going to be true. Is the gear shuttle installed but the kitchen is delayed?
I didn’t ask about that specifically, so not sure ?‍♂. But the truck I test drove didn’t have the shuttle in it either, so do with that info as you will

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I didn’t ask about that specifically, so not sure ?‍♂. But the truck I test drove didn’t have the shuttle in it either, so do with that info as you will
I'd prefer the OEM kitchen stuff since they'll include the warranty, but If I wasn't guaranteed to get the kitchen by summer time if my april/may timeline stays on track, I'll probably end up the DIY route instead.

Sponsored

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Accessories had no correlation with the original LE delivery windows.

We'll see in the next few weeks when they rerun the production schedule.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Would they charge us the full amount (truck + kitchen) and deliver later? That would not be ideal. I would rather keep the $5k in my pocket and not pay for it in advance.
Yeah, I'd rather not be financing something I can't actually use upon delivery...who knows how long it might take to receive it on "Rivian" time. :CWL:

emj5150

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma, Lexus hybrid
Occupation
Sales
Yeah, I'd rather not be financing something I can't actually use upon delivery...who knows how long it might take to receive it on "Rivian" time. :CWL:
Unpopular opinion alert - the kitchen is a way overpriced toy, and eliminates one of the R1T's best features - the gear tunnel. I bought an electric hotplate at Walmart for less than $20 and it takes up much less space and plugs right into the bed. I can bring my own small table, plates and stuff, and a jug of water. This truck as plenty of coolness already without me having to drop $5k just to get that "wow" factor from my friends. Also, I prefer grilling so I would have my Weber Q grill with me anyway.