OP
OP
Akay07

Akay07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache
Thanks for sharing! That combo looks amazing. We're actually alike in that I have a Mach-E GT (non PE) and pre-ordered a Limestone (w/ Black Mountain). I may now need to rethink my interior.

Anyways, I really like the Mach-E and would love your take on the back seat w/ and w/o the car seat. We have a Nuna Pipa car seat (not convertible) that fits pretty comfortably in the Mach-E; I expected it would be even more spacious in the R1T but I guess not 😟. When in rear facing mode, what's the comfort like for the passenger sitting ahead?
To me with the car seat in...it feels smaller than the MachE. I could have sworn I could barely squeeze in on the mache. But I could not in my truck. But my wife is 5'7 and fits fine. She said there was more leg room up front to stretch her legs vs the mache. Looks like my wife is never driving while we have the kids! Im 6'3 by the way and my knees are into the console.

Rivian R1T R1S Delivered: The RJ Special...Limestone with Forest Edge Screenshot_20220522-140327_Gallery

Rivian R1T R1S Delivered: The RJ Special...Limestone with Forest Edge Screenshot_20220522-140320_Gallery

Rivian R1T R1S Delivered: The RJ Special...Limestone with Forest Edge Screenshot_20220522-140314_Gallery

Rivian R1T R1S Delivered: The RJ Special...Limestone with Forest Edge Screenshot_20220522-140302_Gallery
Sponsored

Lysdexic

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tundra
It’s been a while since we had car seats but don’t remember them EVER being that clean!

jffkm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3
To me with the car seat in...it feels smaller than the MachE. I could have sworn I could barely squeeze in on the mache. But I could not in my truck. But my wife is 5'7 and fits fine. She said there was more leg room up front to stretch her legs vs the mache. Looks like my wife is never driving while we have the kids! Im 6'3 by the way and my knees are into the console.

Screenshot_20220522-140327_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220522-140320_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220522-140314_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220522-140302_Gallery.jpg
This is the same issue I encountered on the first mile drive. The room in the back was surprisingly low for kids in car seats. I think it has to do with the angle of the rear seats (kind of upright like a ridge line) so the slopes car seats didn’t really work. Hoping the r1s has more adjustability there.

First Name
KaMar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 435i
Occupation
Education Program Manager

Screenshot_20220522-140327_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220522-140320_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220522-140314_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220522-140302_Gallery.jpg

Thanks for sharing these detailed pictures. I'm only 5'9 so I doubt it'll be a problem for me. That said, I looked up the specs for both vehicles AND it looks like you're right! The Rivian R1T appears to have more shoulder (side to side) room but less leg room than the Mach-E. Yikes.

I'll also link my two references in case I'm missing something.
https://www.caranddriver.com/ford/mustang-mach-e/specs
https://www.edmunds.com/rivian/r1t/2022/features-specs/

Rivian R1T R1S Delivered: The RJ Special...Limestone with Forest Edge Cursor_and_2022_Rivian_R1T_Specs___Features___Edmunds_and_Ford_Mustang_Mach-E_Features_and_Spe

David 2

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes and Subaru
Occupation
Retired
Hey Akay07
I live in Kernersville. I would love to see your truck if . Let me know.
Thanks

Sponsored

TurboTwin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sierra
I reserved a R1S for my wife because it has way more room for kids based off pictures.

The rear of the R1T is definitely small. At the first drive event, my brother could not sit behind me sitting with me as far forward as I could comfortably sit. We are both 6’5”. My 2020 Sierra had TONS of room.

love your color combo. Really want to see one in person soon.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S

TurboTwin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sierra
Clearly but it’s a good comparison for people considering a lightning

DADDYSLILGRANDPA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S FG/OC 22's , 2023 Tesla Model 3
I'm considering that combo with the R1S but with black rims. I have OC in the config but have no choice but to switch. Not sure why it's a $2k upgrade though over the other interior colors.
My current Config is R1S limestone, FE, black 22s. I think it’s going to be a special combo, especially on the R1S.

I may end up going with white though, as I have always wanted a storm trooper white/black wheels truck. Combined with FE it’s going to be delicious either way

kevinR1Tx2R1Sx1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Red/Black, R1T LG/FG
I am 6’6”. There is plenty of room. I like the high roofline so I can actually see the stoplights turn green without leaning forward or bending my neck. This is my third electric car and I am very happy with it. If someone wants a family car vs truck, I was also very happy with the VW ID4. Sold it when Rivian arrived. Back in the day I had an i3. It was a nice commuter car but not good for much else.

Sponsored

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
As I have posted on other threads, my truck was delivered today and I spent the afternoon driving around Greensboro area. PBA was signed on 5/4, 8 steps started 5/11 and was ready for delivery on 5/17. Had to push out delivery to Saturday waiting for my bank. First impressions...the Limestone to me is definitely not blue. I feel its more of a wet cement with a hint of green. All my pictures are with samsung note 20 ultra. It looks a better in person and i dont think most photos give the color justice. And I do agree with RJ that's its a great combo with FE interior. I was scared but FE is very nice and compliments Limestone. I have zero regrets picking this combo.

I'm used to driving an EV with my mustang but the truck is quick. Looked down several times and I was going over 80 and couldn't tell. The one peddle driving to me was fine in standard and the ride is real smooth. Didn't mess too much with modes and heights. I got a ton of looks of confused faces at stop light and people giving me the thumbs up. I was stopped twice at sams club parking lot.. who makes that ? I said rivian, and they were like who? Where did you get that? They had no idea it was all electric.

I know other posted concerns about the roof, but to us it was fine and it was bright and humid 90 degrees here in NC. Couldnt feel any heat through the roof. I will definitely have to put ceramic tint on the front windows though, as I felt the heat. I also got a spotify account last night and the sound system was good and significantly better than the Mustang Mach-E. The software and controls were all pretty good and I would say better than the Mustang but not as polished as tesla. But the build quality was very solid and seems to be pretty well put together. Far better than tesla and on par with my Mustang Mach-E. No rattles or real wind noise so far. I did notice one side of the hood is slightly mis aligned and not sure if it's enough to me try and get fixed. That was the only thing I really spotted so far. The 360 camera wasn't terrible and more useful camera changes than the mustang.

So far, I really like the truck and has big shoes to fill after the Mustang Mach-E for me. I am happy with it and I think it's definitely worth the headaches and long waits. I didnt get into like everything or try everything like others have. To me there were a couple cons and please correct me if I just missed it.

1. As every said, the wireless charger is terrible. Worse than the MachE. It is very slick surface and the phone will not stay in the only spot that charges. Also looked for a USB outlet in the front and couldn't find one. I'm sure somone will correct me and we just missed it. Edit: i found the usb c outlets in the center console with nice cut outs for the cords to reach the charging pad.

2. The cups holders seem like it's very cheap but I do like how it folds away and you have the open space up front.

3. The Mustang Mach-E had the pre cursor to blue cruise and would steer for me on most roads. I had the premium awd. Could not get driver plus to work on any roads and only had adaptive cruise.

4. The back seat is tight. Especially with car seats like us. I have a revolve 360 seat and to rotate the seat in rear faceing , I had to move my seat up. I will get a better feel tomorrow when I put everything in the car.

5. I think i will miss sirius radio, even with the worse quality. But spotify never lagged or lost service. So it could be ok.

5. The front hood is slight misaligned on the driver side. See the picture.

6. The air vents seem to be closed on every start and had to adjust it everything I got into the car.

That's all I can think of at the moment, but don't get me wrong this is nice truck and very worthy of the praise thus far. Let me know if yoy have any questions.

Screenshot_20220521-190934_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220521-190908_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220521-190854_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220521-190834_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220521-190759_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220521-190729_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220521-190718_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220521-190653_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220521-190821_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220521-192356_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220521-194800_Gallery.jpg
Awesome looking truck. I've been trying to find a Limestone owner that could help me with a couple questions:
Right now i'm specc'd rivian blue, but I've seen many posts that show the paint doesn't hold up very well (very easy to get swirl marks, etc)

So i was wondering, how are swirl marks on limestone? Based on the sheen i've seen in photos and person, I would guess it hides swirl marks fairly well. Does it do well staying clean (not showing a lot of dust?)

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Clearly but it’s a good comparison for people considering a lightning
Ford revealed new 2023 Lightning MSRP’s today. It makes the 314 mile range $71,500 R1T Adventure trim look like a bargain.

The $40k Lightning Pro received a $7k price increase but is still a relative steal compared to other BEV pickups on the market.

F-150 Lightning: new MSRP
Pro: $46,974
XLT: $59,474
XLT High: $68,474
XLT High / Extended Range: $80,974
Lariat: $74,474
Lariat Extended Range: $85,974
Platinum Extended Range: $96,874

Last edited:

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
I really like the Limestone/Forest Edge combination.

If it wasn’t for the $1500 paint and $2000 interior upcharge I would probably choose it.

OP
OP
Akay07

Akay07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache
Awesome looking truck. I've been trying to find a Limestone owner that could help me with a couple questions:
Right now i'm specc'd rivian blue, but I've seen many posts that show the paint doesn't hold up very well (very easy to get swirl marks, etc)

So i was wondering, how are swirl marks on limestone? Based on the sheen i've seen in photos and person, I would guess it hides swirl marks fairly well. Does it do well staying clean (not showing a lot of dust?)
I can unfortunately help. To my eyes, there are significantly more orange peel effect in the finish. I never noticed it on my mach e nor the lighning I test drove. I noticed it as soon as it was being unloaded off the truck and i wasnt really looking for that issue. It was very easy to spot. Viewing Straight on, it looks fine and then looking off angle, the orange peel is everywhere. I am going to have my truck ceramic coated to see if that helps. Its also within rivian spec per my SC and my work order. The color looks great in person, just the orange peel. I didnt notice any swirls marks though, just looks like the surface of an orange. I can give you any photos you want but you can see it in the reflections. I have other pictures. I even created a thread on that but had it shut down because of some of the comments.

Even with my loaner (which is Forrest green), has significant orange peel effect.

Rivian R1T R1S Delivered: The RJ Special...Limestone with Forest Edge Screenshot_20220525-093337_Gallery

Rivian R1T R1S Delivered: The RJ Special...Limestone with Forest Edge Screenshot_20220525-093332_Gallery

Last edited:
OP
OP
Akay07

Akay07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache

And I can't answer about keeping clean. I had my truck for 4 days before it broke down and it's still at the SC. I know the dark green shows alot.
Sponsored