Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.weistec.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T & R1S
Occupation
Engineering
You asked for it. Here is a video link showing our fully laden 8,000+lb R1T slamming our rock sliders on a bolder. No damage to the sliders except for some scraped Powdercoating underneath. Most importantly, no damage to the truck rockers. Tested in the shop and then tested in Baja.

Sponsored

ADVNOW

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler JK, JL 4XE
Occupation
Manufacturing
Clubs

that was a good hit to the rock slider. Do you have photos of the under side of the rock slider after the hit and one from the front or rear showing the narrow edge looking down the slider for bending. Do you also have a hit from the side such as going around a boulder in a tight turn where the slider receives a side impact.
I like what I see. so far.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Was it in the video? I must have missed it. Kinda just looked like you drove over a rock that wouldn't have caused damage if those things weren't there.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Nice video. Publish a weight and I’ll make my purchase decision.

OP
OP
DCE

DCE

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.weistec.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T & R1S
Occupation
Engineering
Was it in the video? I must have missed it. Kinda just looked like you drove over a rock that wouldn't have caused damage if those things weren't there.
I can assure you that the truck landed on the boulder with its full weight. We aren’t pro videographers so we may not have captured all of the impact to everyone's liking. It landed violently. I know since I was driving. For those who have ever done this before you will understand. The factory rocker would have been seriously damaged if it weren’t for the sliders protecting it. That said, after reviewing the underneath back at the shop today, we found some areas to improve and make it stronger. A slight redesign and material change will be in order for production units.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DCE

DCE

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.weistec.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T & R1S
Occupation
Engineering
that was a good hit to the rock slider. Do you have photos of the under side of the rock slider after the hit and one from the front or rear showing the narrow edge looking down the slider for bending. Do you also have a hit from the side such as going around a boulder in a tight turn where the slider receives a side impact.
I like what I see. so far.
We will take some photos for you tomorrow. We have no other videos of a side impact at this time.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
That poor boulder.

Reactions: DCE

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I can assure you that the truck landed on the boulder with its full weight. We aren’t pro videographers so we may not have captured all of the impact to everyone's liking. It landed violently. I know since I was driving. For those who have ever done this before you will understand. The factory rocker would have been seriously damaged if it weren’t for the sliders protecting it. That said, after reviewing the underneath back at the shop today, we found some areas to improve and make it stronger. A slight redesign and material change will be in order for production units.
Do it again with those before production.

Aka_Buck

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3P, 530e
Occupation
Work
Love it. Any photos of how they mount? I'm assuming they are relatively straight forward on install.

Sponsored

DannyC

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 RAM 1500, 2022 R1T (soon)
Occupation
Computer Consultant
So when will these rock sliders be available for purchase? How much?

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
Thanks. We will be making a slight design change and then we will publish an exact weight. We look forward to earning your business!
Thank you for your effort. I'll be making a decision when you have a production ready version. I'd imagine a group buy would go a long way for first adopters.

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
We will take some photos for you tomorrow. We have no other videos of a side impact at this time.
@DCE Just checking back on this thread looking for some of the additional photos you mentioned above?

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Thanks. We will be making a slight design change and then we will publish an exact weight. We look forward to earning your business!
@DCE - Where are you guys at with these rock sliders? I see you have them on sale right now which is great but I can’t buy them if you don’t advertise a weight, final design, etc.

Personally I’m not overly impressed with the final design from the competition and am willing to pay a premium for a premium product if that is indeed what you end up offering.
Sponsored