First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Volvo, expedition
Occupation
Engineer
aren't those also exposed in that way without sliders? Is the plastic just covering them originally and we just can't see them? Would this be the same issue with any slider using the OEM bolts?

But YES would be my answer.
Sponsored

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
aren't those also exposed in that way without sliders? Is the plastic just covering them originally and we just can't see them? Would this be the same issue with any slider using the OEM bolts?

But YES would be my answer.
Yes. To be clear, not criticizing DCE/Weistec. Just wondering if anyone is thinking the same thing? Rex Briggs shows these hex bolts punching through the plastic OEM panels after hitting bottom on a trail:

1:51 into the video. Not talking about the bolts and screws shown in the YouTube preview photo/still. I’m referring to the 17m 10.9 grade bolts.

I’m curious if anyone knows of an auto-grade 10.9 low profile Torx bolt that could replace these hex bolts?

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
I’m curious if anyone knows of an auto-grade 10.9 low profile Torx bolt that could replace these hex bolts?
Rivian R1T R1S DCE Rock Slider Product Overview & Install video for Rivian R1T / R1S 1678904686349

Ideally, I could replace those hex bolts (17mm socket) with something like this. Seems they would hold up better to rock slides. Does anyone know if the existing OEM bolts are metric? Assuming yes. If so what is the thread pitch?

Mcdoo

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Volvo, expedition
Occupation
Engineer
Has anyone taken delivery lately for Weistec rock sliders? Ordered mine beginning of March expected delivery was mid April. Past 3 weeks, when I ask for an update I'm told they are being powder coated. Just wondering about others experiences...

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Has anyone taken delivery lately for Weistec rock sliders? Ordered mine beginning of March expected delivery was mid April. Past 3 weeks, when I ask for an update I'm told they are being powder coated. Just wondering about others experiences...
Not really your question but I ordered some recently then they told me after I ordered they were back ordered and would be 8-10 weeks but still charged my CC $2600. I just canceled, and respectfully suggested some transparency if lead times are that long. Good luck with your order, hope you get them soon.

Sponsored

SACDFJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ40
I installed my @DCE rock sliders yesterday. I had planned to build my own sliders, but I just haven't had time (building a 4800 car), so ordered a set from DCE. DCE built a very nice product that is super easy to install. Took about 90 minutes to install by myself. Wifey loves them as it's now easier for her to get into the S.

Rivian R1T R1S DCE Rock Slider Product Overview & Install video for Rivian R1T / R1S PXL_20230902_225249470

Rivian R1T R1S DCE Rock Slider Product Overview & Install video for Rivian R1T / R1S PXL_20230902_225307617

Sponsored

SACDFJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ40
Thank you so much. It's a whole lot more economical than DCE's steel door sill protections (2 pairs for $300).
No doubt. The DCE protectors are spendy. I can't take credit for the 3M idea. There was a thread that I saw and I just copied it. :)

sfvR1S

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Quad Adventure 2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
Occupation
CRE
Clubs

Picked up my R1S over the weekend and after reading a few blogs, decided to go with DCE sliders with local pickup. Also asked about installation and was told it would take a couple hours and would cost $400. Seems excessive so I may try 4 Wheel Specialties in North Hills who installed RCI sliders on my TRD Pro 4R a while back.

I was hoping someone made dedicated sliders angled up, like RCI for Toyota, but it looks as if all R1T/R1S sliders are quasi side steps that stick out horizontally.

I'm itching for the shakedown run so not sure if I can wait for Rivian sliders.

twizzstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2018 Model 3, 2017 Model X
I installed my DCE sliders this weekend (just about 6 weeks from order to delivery, as advertised).

A couple of things to note (my R1T has a mid-15k VIN for reference):
- The sliders come with extra bolts for some unused threaded holes on the truck. My truck did not have these holes.
- I had to do some fairly significant grinding to slot nearly all of the 17mm bolt holes in order for the bolts to go in. Some needed as much as 1/4” or more grinding. Based on how the sliders are designed, I think it’s more likely the truck holes were off, and not the sliders. With a die grinder and carbide burr it wasn’t too much work. I brushed some rustoleum black paint in the holes for hopefully some rust abatement after the grinding.
Rivian R1T R1S DCE Rock Slider Product Overview & Install video for Rivian R1T / R1S 71961972640__8C6B4AE1-12FA-45AB-BA79-8F940C653B9F
Rivian R1T R1S DCE Rock Slider Product Overview & Install video for Rivian R1T / R1S IMG_1168

Overall very happy with the sliders, though for the price I would hope they wouldn’t need a ton of grinding in order to bolt on (but perhaps more fair would be to wish a $90k truck had bolt holes that were more consistent)

wirenut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
How do puddle lights work with these sliders? Does anyone have a picture?
Sponsored