Sponsored

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
Wanted to add my experience to this thread.
@skunn Thanks for taking the time to write this post and sharing the photos! I’m glad the installation went well.

Phatman113

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
Is @DCE going to make covers for the parts where the plastic panels were removed? I would just want that for the clean look, as well as some dirt/snow protection like the plastic provided...

rhumbliner

First Name
thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T & Model X
Occupation
Retired
Installed mine last night and I concur with @skunn, it was a pretty easy job — although it took me ½ hour just to open up all the packaging. 😊

My truck was filthy when I did the install and the amount of dirt, gravel and sludge that fell out of the plastic panels was amazing. Those panels must be intended to improve aerodynamic performance because they sure don’t keep out any dirt.

If anyone in Bend would like to see these installed on my truck just let me know.

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
Rivian R1T R1S DCE Rock Slider Product Overview & Install video for Rivian R1T / R1S 1677708404346

@DCE is stating on their website that their sliders are "are capable of using the factory Rivian mounting points, or simply use our frame to support the vehicle on a lift."

This is their photo showing an R1 lifted by the Rivian mounting points. The mounting point on the right looks good/right. However, the Rivian mounting point on the left looks like it is covered by the slider and that the slider still needs to be part of the lift?

Pointing this out since it's still not clear to me if Rivian is going to ask me to remove these sliders every time I go in for service that requires lifting the truck?

@DCE Have you chatted with the Rivian service folks about this issue? If so, what are they telling you?

Sponsored

R1TY

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Cyber Security
1677708404346.png

@DCE is stating on their website that their sliders are "are capable of using the factory Rivian mounting points, or simply use our frame to support the vehicle on a lift."

This is their photo showing an R1 lifted by the Rivian mounting points. The mounting point on the right looks good/right. However, the Rivian mounting point on the left looks like it is covered by the slider and that the slider still needs to be part of the lift?

Pointing this out since it's still not clear to me if Rivian is going to ask me to remove these sliders every time I go in for service that requires lifting the truck?

@DCE Have you chatted with the Rivian service folks about this issue? If so, what are they telling you?
This is a great question! I already purchased a pair (still in box, in my garage) But will wait to install until this is clear.

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
Installed mine last night and I concur with @skunn, it was a pretty easy job — although it took me ½ hour just to open up all the packaging. 😊

My truck was filthy when I did the install and the amount of dirt, gravel and sludge that fell out of the plastic panels was amazing. Those panels must be intended to improve aerodynamic performance because they sure don’t keep out any dirt.

If anyone in Bend would like to see these installed on my truck just let me know.
Hi. Would love to see your install as I have these coming in on Monday. Let me know if you are around this weekend and will send you a pm to potentially meet

OP
OP
DCE

DCE

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.weistec.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T & R1S
Occupation
Engineering
1677708404346.png

Hey there! Great question,

On the R1T, our rock sliders do not block the OEM lifting points at all (front or rear). On the R1S the rear OEM lifting point must be covered to ensure the strongest slider design. We provided an identical lifting hole for the rear location built into the sliders (shown in the image). The dealer will have no issues lifting either the R1T or R1S with their proprietary lifting points. We've had an R1T and R1S fitted with our rock sliders in for dealer service without issue.

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
This is a great question! I already purchased a pair (still in box, in my garage) But will wait to install until this is clear.
I finished the install today on my R1T and noticed the OEM lift points are clear and unobstructed.

It appears that the picture I posted was an R1S and DCE recently posted that their sliders for the R1S have an access point in them for the OEM lift points.

So I’m confident this won’t be an issue. 👍

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
I finished the install today on my R1T and noticed the OEM lift points are clear and unobstructed.

It appears that the picture I posted was an R1S and DCE recently posted that their sliders for the R1S have an access point in them for the OEM lift points.

So I’m confident this won’t be an issue. 👍
Here are some photos after my installation. The product appears to be very high quality and I'm happy with them so far. The post by @skunn about the installation process matched mine as well --including the things the installation video got wrong or could have made more clear, so be sure to read his write-up.

Rivian R1T R1S DCE Rock Slider Product Overview & Install video for Rivian R1T / R1S IMG_0218

Rivian R1T R1S DCE Rock Slider Product Overview & Install video for Rivian R1T / R1S IMG_0238

Rivian R1T R1S DCE Rock Slider Product Overview & Install video for Rivian R1T / R1S IMG_0237

Rivian R1T R1S DCE Rock Slider Product Overview & Install video for Rivian R1T / R1S IMG_0232

Rivian R1T R1S DCE Rock Slider Product Overview & Install video for Rivian R1T / R1S IMG_0224

Rivian R1T R1S DCE Rock Slider Product Overview & Install video for Rivian R1T / R1S IMG_0220

Sponsored

Mcdoo

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Volvo, expedition
Occupation
Engineer
Just bought some this weekend. Lift point clarification help to finalize the decision.

How have others fared with the turn-around time after placing an order?

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
Just bought some this weekend. Lift point clarification help to finalize the decision.

How have others fared with the turn-around time after placing an order?
Mine took almost 6 weeks.

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
Hello everyone!

Sorry for the delay in response to the questions regarding the torque specs for the sliders. We have been on the road for the past two weeks and have had little access to the forums. With that being said, it seems that there is variation on the hardware that's used on these vehicles, and we have cleared up the torque specs for the required bolts and are in the process of fixing the YouTube video on the installation.

The correct specs for torque are the following:

TP55: 95 ft-lbs
Hex Bolt: 55 ft-lbs

If anyone needs any questions answered or have customer service requests, the forums are not the ideal way to get in touch with us. We do have a number that you can reach our CS department at Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM PST.

1 (877) 934-7832
[email protected]

Thanks again for your patience and continued support!
Is it 55 ft-lbs even for the hex bolts you/DCE supplied? The video shows 80 ft-lbs for those, I think?

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
Rivian R1T R1S DCE Rock Slider Product Overview & Install video for Rivian R1T / R1S 1678834720584

Anyone else wishing they could find flat Torx bolts to replace these OEM hex bolts?

These hex heads seem likely to get shredded if/when I start using the sliders for their intended purpose.
Sponsored