"day one" of "not a good day" for $RIVN

dpc166

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Subaru Crosstrek Plug-in Hybrid
I've got enough of those under $40 shares to mostly offset the few higher shares I have. I'll be up that camp kitchen if the shares get up to my highest share price.
Sponsored

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

I am almost to break even! I was able to buy more shares at the bottom!

dpc166

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm over $100 positive! Hopefully it gets back up to $100/share as long as that class action suit doesn't ruin things.

OP
OP
the long way downunder

the long way downunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH
I was thinking the same thing … huge profits, I thought "yes!" … then I did the cost basis summary … oh no … nowhere near … my breakeven is still around $70 … fortunately I have a lot under $40 and I'm ignoring "revenue" from selling puts and calls (which are net positive and hide the underlying cost basis.) A lot of work yet to be done … ironically, I've been doing well in $TSLA … thanks for paying for my R1T, Tesla, it's a great machine with excellent build quality … you should give it a try! : )

Sponsored

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

I'm over $100 positive! Hopefully it gets back up to $100/share as long as that class action suit doesn't ruin things.
SELL, SELL, SELL

Give Uncle Sam his cut and Rivian will have bought you cup of coffee and a pastry!

dpc166

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was thinking the same thing … huge profits, I thought "yes!" … then I did the cost basis summary … oh no … nowhere near … my breakeven is still around $70 … fortunately I have a lot under $40 and I'm ignoring "revenue" from selling puts and calls (which are net positive and hide the underlying cost basis.) A lot of work yet to be done … ironically, I've been doing well in $TSLA … thanks for paying for my R1T, Tesla, it's a great machine with excellent build quality … you should give it a try! : )
Yeah, I continually make my profits on TSLA stocks to help cover the cost of my next vehicle.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Bottom is probably somewhere around $25 if the market is dropping out like I expect it is. Maybe even lower. I'm still not selling my shares.

*Not financial advice*
Hoping it doesn't drop out too much more, but looks like I was close so far.

Mister Person

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius
Clubs

Been averaging down from the IPO. I wish I had more dry powder today (picked up a few though). The market cap is approaching the amount of cash raised in November. Way oversold in my opinion!

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Hoping it doesn't drop out too much more, but looks like I was close so far.
Hopefully today is the bottom…I had bought in the DSP, then sold way sooner than expected at $172…bought back in today at $25.

Sponsored

OP
OP
the long way downunder

the long way downunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH
It will take a while for the market to absorb the 5 million daggers in the back of Rivian from Ford …
Worse that the imbeciles at Ford see it as a losing position and choose to sell into the dark depths of a market selling off … ffs.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

It will take a while for the market to absorb the 5 million daggers in the back of Rivian from Ford …
Worse that the imbeciles at Ford see it as a losing position and choose to sell into the dark depths of a market selling off … ffs.
Ford still made a significant profit on the shares they sold. It wasn't even 8% of what they had, it was probably strictly to make up for the overhead in originally participating in funding.

OP
OP
the long way downunder

the long way downunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH
Ford still made a significant profit on the shares they sold. It wasn't even 8% of what they had, it was probably strictly to make up for the overhead in originally participating in funding.
But why initiate during a semi-crash.
Ugh.
Maybe they wanted some free capital to buy-the-dip $TSLA … : )
Sponsored