First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH
This is "day one" of "not a good day" for $RIVN. Despite globally good news for Rivian and their production exceeding and excelling, despite a secular rally against the previous session sell-off, $RIVN did not find a bid.
While I remain long term (five to ten year time frame) bullish and confident that Rivian has "the right stuff" in engineering, product design, executive and they have the most important resource, capital, I think the equity market has voiced a vote of lower prices.
Glass half empty, there's a lot of "individual, self-directed retail investors" who have been burned. If $RIVN trades below the first tick of the IPO then literally 100% of buyers are under water.
Glass half full, any price within 10% or 20% of the IPO valuation range (roughly $50 to $80, so call it $40 on the low side to $100 on the high side) is a long term high probability of outperforming the S&P.
On the list of unknowns is the intention of Ford and other institutional investors selling once their restrictions expire. In other words, while nobody serious values Rivian as a $100B car company today, do buyers of $RIVN at $100 intend to hold or to be part of the rush to the exits if Ford and others start selling.
$RIVN started life in a healthy range (it did not skyrocket to unsustainable $200+ altitudes) today is, in my not so humble, "day one" of price discovery.
Here's hoping the market discounts $RIVN to $110 and holds.
Sponsored

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
If it drops below 100 I'm getting more shares. I think longterm this has so much value. Think 3-4 years from now when Rivian is hopefully as well known as tesla was 3-4 years ago.

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
@the long way downunder you sir must make quite a bit of profit in the Stock Market.

RIVN is tanking this morning...safe to say you called it.

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
If it drops below 100 I'm getting more shares. I think longterm this has so much value. Think 3-4 years from now when Rivian is hopefully as well known as tesla was 3-4 years ago.
I tend to agree with this but that FOMO on Rivian being the next Tesla from a stock perspective is also inflating the stock price.

I had orders ready to go once this hit $100.01 but I just revised them after thinking about what I feel comfortable buying volume at...

ChrissyOne

First Name
Chrissy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX350, R1T Pre-order
Occupation
Creative Production Manager at Wizards of the Coast
Relax, and breathe, my friends, the whole market is tanking this morning. RIVN is going to be especially volatile until they report real earnings and start getting coverage. If you think the fundamentals of the company are strong (which I do) then don't panic, and incrementally build your positions. If you get sea-sick easily, this might not be the stock for you. ?‍♀

Sponsored

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

Relax, and breathe, my friends, the whole market is tanking this morning. RIVN is going to be especially volatile until they report real earnings and start getting coverage. If you think the fundamentals of the company are strong (which I do) then don't panic, and incrementally build your positions. If you get sea-sick easily, this might not be the stock for you. ?‍♀
Welcome to the forum! You have been a great addition and I have enjoyed reading your contributions. I couldn't agree more with the sentiment above. I can remember Tesla stock being very volatile (Still is to a certain degree) and I think their path forward was even less clear than Rivian's.

ChrissyOne

First Name
Chrissy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX350, R1T Pre-order
Occupation
Creative Production Manager at Wizards of the Coast
Thank you, it’s great to be here!

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Analyst coverage starts 12/6.

Sponsored

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60
my 2 cents... Rivian will face lot of pressure next 2 to 3 quarters and it's going to be very rocky until they can deliver in high numbers and prove. Also, market suddenly seems to be in a correction mode so expect further downward pressure and wouldn't be surprised to see below IPO price soon.

Also, when lock up expires there is going to be heavy selling that will add more downward pressure.

Arthur Itiz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mercedes a220, 2021 Mercedes gla250
RIVN is currently over-valued and just too risky for me; more like a bet than an investment. The other day I looked at TSLA charts and see an opportunity between $850-$925. I thought that might come next week, but after this morning it looks like it may be sooner. It has weak support at $980 so we'll see if that holds. If it drops below that there really isn't anything until $850.

Daedalus

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Acura MDX - R1S Preorder
I am not a stock market investor, but while this bubble is reminiscent of the dot.com days (where a company need only claim to have a viable/cool product) investors will soon sour on Rivian if they fail to do what is expected of manufacturers ....PRODUCE.

Missing launch/delivery dates (multiple times), claiming to start deliveries - but only to employees (which does not count) then readjusting delivery targets for customers waiting on what was slated as a Q1 2022 production from a factory that was touted as being able to manufacture over 150K cars within a year, leads to customer and investor concern, especially when other competitors promise to have (general purpose) SUVs and Pickups in 2022 (I get that Rivian is specialized for Adventure, but that is not a core requirement for me).

That said, Rivian HAS TO DELIVER and return faith to the investors - and While I only preordered in September (before the S1 - since others made the assumption I did so after), then customers who expected delivery in 2022 will also lose confidence.

If Rivian can deliver my SUV with the quality and reliability they promised in 2022, then I will not only buy their product, but invest also in them.
If not, then I will cancel and purchase another luxury EV SUV brand - and that would suck, because I obsessed over the R1S for over a year before signing up for the preorder.

pinolero

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
MYP, TLX
I agree, purchasing some more looks like I'm in the negative now but hey it's only been a few weeks.
Sponsored