Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, GMC Envoy, Nissan 350Z
Occupation
Photographer/Artist
Clubs

Thanks for the update. The suspense was killing us!
Sponsored

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
So yes it ended up being a total loss. Took a bit of time but the at fault said and my insurance agreed. They will pay out plus 20 percent on top of the cash value based off comps of other vehicles. Should get the payout next week.
Are you able to share more as far as what specifically was damaged that they threw in the hat and called it a total loss?

OP
OP

Billybobgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I do have the estimate the collision center did. Biggest component was the frame which ended up being bent near the rear section on each side. Most of the rest of the cost was for removing parts in order to replace the frame and then the rear bumper area/ panels where the exterior damage occurred. No damage occurred to the battery. No underbody protection on my vehicle but I don't think it would have helped due to the speed of the impact and fact that they went under the bed/bumper.

zymolysis

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T [RUS, PTC (broken), 20"], 2008 Ford E350
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

I do have the estimate the collision center did. Biggest component was the frame which ended up being bent near the rear section on each side. Most of the rest of the cost was for removing parts in order to replace the frame and then the rear bumper area/ panels where the exterior damage occurred. No damage occurred to the battery. No underbody protection on my vehicle but I don't think it would have helped due to the speed of the impact and fact that they went under the bed/bumper.
"No underbody protection on my vehicle but I don't think it would have helped..."
Probably would have just been another expensive component that would have to be replaced.

WhidbeyIsland

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Lexus RX350 & 2023 R1T
Occupation
Retired!
So now the question is.. will Rivian expedite a replacement vehicle order...?
Sponsored