Sponsored

dduffey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla M3, Tesla MY
I would advise immediately working with a DM expert. I was rear ended with less than 200 miles on a new Tesla and other parties insurance offered ridiculously low DM and I gave up after several months not even accepting the insulting offer on principal.

And although repaired most people's first question is "has it been in an accident" and 100% of them walk away before even looking, especially on these high end "lifestyle" cars.
Sponsored

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & Audi
Occupation
SP
So what happened with the R1T? Have they not yet determined if it's repairable or a total loss?

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Sponsored

OP
OP

Billybobgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
With my uneducatedish eyes I would say it's just the plastic after looking underneath and where the tailgate is pushing in. We'll see what the smarter people say. Still haven't gotten any other warning lights saying issues with battery etc.

Ravenron

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer/Retired Military
Will be dropping it off at collision center on Monday. We'll see how long it takes to get an estimate.
Best of luck sir! If it's drivable, I wouldn't leave it with them until all parts onsite. At least if it's in your hands, you can ensure it stays properly charged which is likely more than they will do...be a shame to add "bricked" to the list of issues...

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
Will be dropping it off at collision center on Monday. We'll see how long it takes to get an estimate.
my estimates took under 30 minutes each

nrrasmussen

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S; Audi All-road Wagon; Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Consultant
Clubs

Best of luck sir! If it's drivable, I wouldn't leave it with them until all parts onsite. At least if it's in your hands, you can ensure it stays properly charged which is likely more than they will do...be a shame to add "bricked" to the list of issues...
This. I took my R1S in for an estimate immediately following a rear-end collision on 12/27/2022, and all the parts didn't arrive until 3/27/2023, so it took 3 whole months just to gather all the parts (and body shop can't confirm they won't need MORE parts until after they start tearing into it).

Thankfully it was drivable in the interim. It's in the shop now and they estimate 4-6 weeks to complete the repairs, so it'll be close to 6 months all in. While I don't like much about my rental, at least it has CarPlay LOL!!!!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Billybobgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
See the original post for update. Not crazy amount new at this time.

Rivianation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Manager
Something to keep in mind.... a friend had his C7 Covette swiped by a subaru and didn't look like it would be totaled. He was not too happy about the thought of having to drive around in a vehicle that was heavily repaired and harder to sell. The initial estimate came up about $6000 short of mandatory write off. It turned out the estimator thought he reached a high enough amount to satisfy the insurance company so he finished the estimate right at that point. Turned out not be enough to total the car. So he amended the estimate and was easily able to find enough damage 'under there' to get the estimate over the line. All legit, the estimator was just lazy at first.

It takes time to do an thorough estimate so make sure they don't stop short because they 'think' they got to a high enough amount to total the vehicle. You can complain if its close to the totaling amount, but not over.

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & Audi
Occupation
SP
Update three: vehicle was dropped off at rivian approved collision center late Monday night. Was pulled apart and as expected there was some amount more damage than my first pictures showed. The center sent pictures to rivian to see what they say. I'm less optimistic after I saw the pictures but hope springs eternal. Will update again once I hear back from rivian.
So did it end up being a total loss? I'm still curious to see what happened with this R1T.

OP
OP

Billybobgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
So did it end up being a total loss? I'm still curious to see what happened with this R1T.
So yes it ended up being a total loss. Took a bit of time but the at fault said and my insurance agreed. They will pay out plus 20 percent on top of the cash value based off comps of other vehicles. Should get the payout next week.