Sponsored
OP
OP

Billybobgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
The flip side is the potential wait on a replacement. A repair may take weeks, but a replacement may take several months.
Luckily I've still got a 17 year old mustang with very faded racing stripes that I can drive once the truck goes in. Still wish I had gotten to tow with the truck. That was my plan for today haha
Sponsored

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
The flip side is the potential wait on a replacement. A repair may take weeks, but a replacement may take several months.
Nah, I understand puts customers with totaled rigs at the front of the line. It has been reported here several times. Up to 6 week wait time; far less than the repair wait time the OP can expect.

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Glad everyone was safe and the dog.

Did it come up why that person hit you from behind? What occured that they didn't stop or couldn't stop in time?

My $0.02 on the worst drivers is everyplace now has the worst drivers. Everywhere I go, about 40% of drivers seem to have to floor-it to wherever they are going and/or have road rage. They get pissed at everyone else, and generally just can't seem to handle life. I wish it hwere just here or there, but it is everywhere.

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
May I/we ask - what was your order date? I’d be fine getting a replacement (though it’ll take a little time), but I’d also be fairly annoyed if I had to pay $20k more because of the new (non pre-March) pricing.

Wishing you best of luck. Glad you’re ok.

OP
OP

Billybobgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
May I/we ask - what was your order date? I’d be fine getting a replacement (though it’ll take a little time), but I’d also be fairly annoyed if I had to pay $20k more because of the new (non pre-March) pricing.

Wishing you best of luck. Glad you’re ok.
My pricing was pre March. I'm a pretty calm person but if insurance tried to play that game with truck value that would open a can of worms they don't want.

Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Nah, I understand puts customers with totaled rigs at the front of the line. It has been reported here several times. Up to 6 week wait time; far less than the repair wait time the OP can expect.
That's awesome!

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

I just saw this exact spec for sale at a Volkswagen dealer in saint Augustine.

OP
OP

Billybobgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I just saw this exact spec for sale at a Volkswagen dealer in saint Augustine.
Asking for my bulldog. How much were they asking by chance?
Rivian R1T R1S Damage results from 7K lbs R1T vs Civic in collision PXL_20221106_135232622

Also I did just email my guide. See what he says. Collecting all information at this time to make the best decision.

Axcelktm

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline. Have a order in for a Rivian
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I have small damage to my front of my truck. It took me two months. to get fixed. The fender was back ordered and the collision center wasn’t very good so make sure you go to a good collection center. Good luck.

Sponsored

OldGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Grand Cherokee 4xe
Clubs

Man I hate that....I've been rear-ended in Charlotte on multiple occassions. The first time, I was stopped at a stop light, maybe four cars ahead of me. I look up in the rear view mirror and can see a car headed toward me with the driver not paying any attention. I start standing on my horn. Such a helpless feeling. Finally, the guy looks up, but it's too late, so all I can do is brace myself. It's the reason why, when I'm on my motorcycle, I position myself so I can scoot between lanes to escape and I keep looking at my morror until at least two cars have stopped behind me.

RivianNowPlz

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco, Tesla
It sucks for sure - but you *want* this to be a total loss. No way you want this to be repaired even if it’s possible.

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
Hopefully, it can be declared totaled and you can pick a replacement from the R1 shop. That’ll probably be quicker to being made whole than going through body shop, etc to fix the car

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

That would be really great. Do you know if that is only with Rivian insurance (nationwide) or if it doesn’t matter?

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Glad all are safe. If that’s a bulge in your bed; it’s likely totaled.

Dunno. When I was rear-ended in December, not as much damage as the images shown here, the lid to the spare tire compartment popped open on mine as well. But no damage was found.
Sponsored