First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
Basically is there a safe but inconvenient loophole around this?
I think there is but it must come from the OEM. His marketing is aimed at people who are going to be out in the boonies with these things for days and he needs to give them a long term parking mode during which the vehicle is mostly in a deep sleep.

In the interim, maybe putting your carabiner in a Faraday pouch will work (but I have my doubts).
Sponsored

Reactions: Max

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Dude you are entitled to your opinions no matter how repeatedly condescending and arrogant they appear to be. I think everyone is clear on where you stand now.
Ignoring specific people on this forum who seem to just be here to be combative has helped my mental health.

BuckeyeTruckGuy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Cooper Clubman S All4; R1T Reservation
I’m seeing an improvement in idle drain with the recent 2022.19 OTA update and it’s new features. For example I lost 2 miles of range the last 12 hours parked at home, which is under 2kwh / day or around 1%

Could be much better of course, but I am encouraged with the improvements that are being made here.
I agree. I would consistently lose about 20 mi of range per day when I first got the truck back in Mar. However, the 22.19 update made a great improvement and now lose only 6 mi per day which is completely acceptable to me.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Overnight mine drops about 1-2% on a typical overnight. More towards 1 but occasional 2%

chrisv

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Range Rover Sport Autobiography, 1969 C20
Piling on: I see 10% per day loss in sub 80s weather with no gear guard. And my phone easily 300ft away. I also observed a 30% or so drop over a 5 day period from 70%. Temps were hotter. This does seem like we need some option to address. I’ll file a ticket too - maybe the volume will make a difference.

Sponsored

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Piling on: I see 10% per day loss in sub 80s weather with no gear guard. And my phone easily 300ft away. I also observed a 30% or so drop over a 5 day period from 70%. Temps were hotter. This does seem like we need some option to address. I’ll file a ticket too - maybe the volume will make a difference.
So you lose 13kwh a day?!

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
That's definitely an issue with just your vehicle, either settings or something else wrong. Should be in the ~1.5% per 24 hours range in typical conditions. And by typical, that is 100 degree temps where I am. That's going to exclude things like intentional cabin preconditioning from the app, as that's user generated for a specific purpose and not "drain".

OP
OP
MNLightning

MNLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes I have Vehicles
Mine has become intermittent after my last reset. I’m also on the latest update which did seem to help. I notice it now primarily after overnight charging

OffRoad987

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T , Porsche Cayman
For long term storage (2-3 months), has anyone left their car plugged into 120v and left it? Maybe 240 would be ok too?

Perkmeup

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vermibag.com
Vehicles
Jeep cherokee
Occupation
Engineer
For long term storage (2-3 months), has anyone left their car plugged into 120v and left it? Maybe 240 would be ok too?
This is my question as well, as I just received my confirm configuration email and will need to store my rivIan for about 4-5 months ..as I’m currently stationed overseas… I can probably have someone check in on it and do a quick drive every month but I’m not sure what the effect on storing it would be on the battery…just leaving it plugged into 110…in an unheated garage (Montana)
Sponsored