Sponsored

Daily 10% Battery loss while Parked

MNLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes I have Vehicles
Flew out Wednesday returned Sunday. And found my R1T burns through 5% of the charge every 12 hours while sitting in the garage. Sent a email off to Rivian service.

I checked my app to see if I had a updated status for my R1S and saw my mileage and charge level had dropped so I kept an eye on it. Hopefully it’s a easy fix.
Sponsored

fallen888

First Name
Kon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure, El Cap/black, power tonneau, 21"
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Flew out Wednesday returned Sunday. And found my R1T burns through 5% of the charge every 12 hours while sitting in the garage. Sent a email off to Rivian service.

I checked my app to see if I had a updated status for my R1S and saw my mileage and charge level had dropped so I kept an eye on it. Hopefully it’s a easy fix.
Did you have gear guard enabled the whole time? That likely drains it a bit. Also, battery pack is likely (assuming it's similar to Tesla's) heated/cooled to optimal condition for its long-term health, even when parked (in a hot or cold environment). How often you try to connect and wake up the vehicle, is another factor.

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
Last week I lost 5 miles a day give or take for 5 days at ORD airport. Gear Guard on, parked near elevator door so decent traffic walking by.

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Last week I lost 5 miles a day give or take for 5 days at ORD airport. Gear Guard on, parked near elevator door so decent traffic walking by.
5 miles per day would be acceptable.

I am also in the 10% loss club. Living in Southern California, the battery should not be doing much conditioning.

I do have GearGuard on and have limited how much I check the app. Hopefully Rivian figures this out. Unfortunately, they are saying it is normal. This makes me believe they are not even looking into resolving the issue.

Akay07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache

I am also in the 10% loss club. Living in Southern California, the battery should not be doing much conditioning.

I do have GearGuard on and have limited how much I check the app. Hopefully Rivian figures this out. Unfortunately, they are saying it is normal. This makes me believe they are not even looking into resolving the issue.
I lost 4 or 5 percent with gear guard on away from home parked in my garage last night. I woke up surpised because I'm used to the Mustang mach e and no real drain detected sitting. I will try some other settings but I'm still running 2022.11.2 though with no updates.

Sponsored

IRun

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure, Model 3
Occupation
Analyst
Clubs

Living in southern California with all that sunshine would more than likely increase the battery conditioning unless you are always in the shade.

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Living in southern California with all that sunshine would more than likely increase the battery conditioning unless you are always in the shade.
Possibly. Do we know the target temperature? I assumed around 70-75, but that is just a wild guess.

IRun

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure, Model 3
Occupation
Analyst
Clubs

Possibly. Do we know the target temperature? I assumed around 70-75, but that is just a wild guess.
I can only speak to Tesla at this point but you're probably pretty close as Lithium Ion loves that range
I park facing south at work while charging and I'll get cabin overheat alerts when it is 35-40 out if it's sunny. Interior easily reaches 100 on days like that.

Jared2

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Finance

Have you been contacted regarding your R1S? I have two on order, the first one was day 2 of ordering... Haven't been assigned a guide but originally had a Oct - Dec window before I updated the config to make it in line with earlier deliveries.

Good Luck!

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3, SC Bronson
Occupation
Product Development
My Tesla loses about the same amount when I have sentry mode enabled. Between battery conditioning and that this sounds about right. It’s also why I don’t use sentry mode!

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
Isn't 10% a day unacceptable?

Last edited:

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot

I assume you have 2022.15.0 installed? After that my Vampire got much better.

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Isn't 10% a day unacceptable?
Yes, that's crazy high... carry out that math, a full battery will be dead in 10 days!

Meanwhile my 2017 BMW i3 can sit idle for a week and lose no range.
Sponsored