Sponsored

Cybertruck reveals new triangle mirrors (removable) in Palo Alto sighting šŸ“øšŸŽ„ (video)

Mathme

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T: El Cap, OC, 20AT, Off road package
Occupation
High Tech
I believe most states require at least one outside mirror on the driver side to be road legal.

Regardless, that thing is ugly and only for the true fanboy. As far as Tesla goes, I'll stick with our original roadster and pass on all other offerings.

CrazyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura TL MT SH-AWD, CBR 600RR ABS, R1T
Between the unpainted metal exterior, slab sides, lack of exterior mirrors, and electric propulsion, maybe Tesla was influenced by the Top Gear Hammerhead Eagle i-Thrust
BC97ECF2-91AE-4C5F-A7EE-23C9593BAC38.jpeg

The Top Gear creation came with a range extender and wood, um, trim.

Edit:typo
I think Geoff looks better.

pfbz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (ordered), F150, Q5, 911 Turbo(s)
"Alex, I'd like to buy a curve for $100...."

Rivian R1T R1S Cybertruck reveals new triangle mirrors (removable) in Palo Alto sighting šŸ“øšŸŽ„ (video) 1675467277758

Sponsored

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Ioniq 5, ā€˜78 Jeep Wagoneer
WFC?

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
This thing will need a huge ass battery if it really gets 500 miles with a 0.39 drag coefficient.
R1T has a 0.30

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Mmmmmm. No 3rd brake light as required by federal MV standards. Also, those taillights are tiny. I have a CT reservation and want to see more.
I thought that, too, and then I saw this in the video of the CT 4-wheel steering. There is a 3rd brake light but I don't know if it meets the definition of a CHMSL since it's basically in line with the regular brake lights.
Rivian R1T R1S Cybertruck reveals new triangle mirrors (removable) in Palo Alto sighting šŸ“øšŸŽ„ (video) Screenshot 2023-02-03 at 5.37.21 PM

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
I thought that, too, and then I saw this in the video of the CT 4-wheel steering. There is a 3rd brake light but I don't know if it meets the definition of a CHMSL since it's basically in line with the regular brake lights.
Screenshot 2023-02-03 at 5.37.21 PM.png
What if the tailgate is down?

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Screenshot 2023-02-03 at 5.37.21 PM.png
That still puts it higher up than the Rivian one located at the top rear of the cab.

Sponsored

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

What if the tailgate is down?
Maybe Tesla never intended it to be driven with the tailgate down.
ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, Model Y, Bronco - sold for R1T
Does anyone really think Tesla will launch a vehicle without a proper third brake light? I mean they go a bit rouge now and then, but not to the tune of something so obviousā€¦it would be a really odd battle to pick For them.

It amazes me how people think Tesla must be full of morons just because they do not like Elon. I get not being an Elon fan, but heā€™s far, far from the only person driving Tesla now. Tesla has become a juggernaut and us on the outside only see a fraction of it.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Does anyone really think Tesla will launch a vehicle without a proper third brake light? I mean they go a bit rouge now and then, but not to the tune of something so obviousā€¦it would be a really odd battle to pick For them.

It amazes me how people think Tesla must be full of morons just because they do not like Elon. I get not being an Elon fan, but heā€™s far, far from the only person driving Tesla now. Tesla has become a juggernaut and us on the outside only see a fraction of it.
The CT you see in this thread is not a concept anymore. Itā€™s a pre production truck so the brake lights being on the tailgate is likely their plan. Which, as others pointed out will not be seen at all if someone is driving with long items in the bed that require the gate to be down.

Each person can make their own conclusions about that. ā€œMoronā€ is one word that applies IMHO.

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Trade the uglier truck for a charging network and self driving.

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, Model Y, Bronco - sold for R1T
The CT you see in this thread is not a concept anymore. Itā€™s a pre production truck so the brake lights being on the tailgate is likely their plan. Which, as others pointed out will not be seen at all if someone is driving with long items in the bed that require the gate to be down.

Each person can make their own conclusions about that. ā€œMoronā€ is one word that applies IMHO.
Yes, Iā€™m aware of the status of the truck in this thread. And Iā€™m aware that we do not actually know how close to production it is. And Iā€™m aware that we have no idea if thereā€™s another light that would operate as the third brake light when the gate is down. For example, 911ā€™s have a redundant light that takes over when the rear aero is active.

Thereā€™s a lot of assumptions in this thread. And Iā€™m sticking with that Tesla is simply not so full of morons that a forum would outthink them from one picture.
Sponsored