Sponsored

Cybertruck reveals new triangle mirrors (removable) in Palo Alto sighting 📸🎥 (video)

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Photo believed to be of Elon near the end of the Agile/Lean Cybertruck Design Kickoff meeting:

3C048D21-6D3B-475C-910B-5E5B62077204.jpeg

But they will sell every one that they make, so at least they’re building something that people (inexplicably) want.
Sponsored

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5, Lucid Air Touring
I truly believe this will be Tesla's first big flop and could hurt them long term. Yes a bunch of Tesla fans will buy them initially, but sales will collapse once those orders are fulfilled. Normal people will not want to be seen in this thing, and ICE truck owners won't be lured away from the convenience of filling up at a gas station and owning a normal truck.

The sad part is they could have released a really sweet EV truck.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Weren't people complaining about the oil canning on some of the Rivians? because...
Rivian R1T R1S Cybertruck reveals new triangle mirrors (removable) in Palo Alto sighting 📸🎥 (video) 1675430679953

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I truly believe this will be Tesla's first big flop and could hurt them long term. Yes a bunch of Tesla fans will buy them initially, but sales will collapse once those orders are fulfilled. Normal people will not want to be seen in this thing, and ICE truck owners won't be lured away from the convenience of filling up at a gas station and owning a normal truck.

The sad part is they could have released a really sweet EV truck.
I agree. I thought it was innovative and risky at first, similar to Rivian and their front lights. Seeing it from the back, I can understand why they didn’t take many photos of that angle. I wasn’t kidding with the dumpster comparison.

That thing probably has non existent sight lines out the back and insane blind spots. The Rivian has some unique styling too, but it all comes together and looks good from pretty much all angles. The cybertruck is just too much.

who764

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
This truck baffles me every time I see it. While the R1T still resembles a traditional truck, its styling can be polarizing, especially the front end. However, the Cybertruck has nothing traditional about it and while there will be some sold because of novelty and Tesla fandom, there were also some DeLoreans sold because of a really popular movie franchise. I just can't see this thing catching on, especially in the truck market where even modest design changes struggle to catch on (i.e. Avalanche, although it is being resurrected with the Silverado EV).

Sponsored

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5, Lucid Air Touring
When you had a California tech company developing electric cars for California tech workers, it made sense. Now you have the same California tech company developing a caricature of a truck for middle America, it won't go so well.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
Reading through that thread is the closest I've ever come to having a Qanon fever dream. Wow.

And I thought this forum was hopeful at times.
same. I tried to read the entire thread because I wanted to learn what these fans see in such a fugly design. I don't think these people have ever been in or used a truck. It is not about having a truck.

Jabbahop

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘14 BMW i3, ‘19 BMW i3, ‘22 R1T -> ‘24 R1S Max
Occupation
retired
I have to say it's the UGLIEST truck ever.....
To each his own but boy that vehicle is gag inducing for me. I am sure we will see a bunch on the road over the next few years - sigh.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

If it didn't have a penny pinching Tesla level interior, I'd consider driving it around so long as I could park it where I didn't have to look at it ever.

I can't wait for the first people to bring the stainless up to a mirror finish.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
When you had a California tech company developing electric cars for California tech workers, it made sense. Now you have the same California tech company developing a caricature of a truck for middle America, it won't go so well.
I agree with you 100%. I have been paying attention to this thing from day 1 in the same way I can’t look away from a train wreck happening right in front of me. Based on Space Karen’s comments throughout, he claims he is not necessarily trying to compete with traditional trucks. So this is his attempt to make a truck for those same fan boys who think the Boring company is great.

flimay2k

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure - R1S LE
Clubs

Every time I see new images I think it is some sort of April's fool joke that any moment Elon will twit something like "I got you!" we are not really making the Cybertruck. That was a prank to see how much I can get away with.

Turn signals? Nah, Tesla drivers don't need no stinking orange lights!

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Every time I see new images I think it is some sort of April's fool joke that any moment Elon will twit something like "I got you!" we are not really making the Cybertruck. That was a prank to see how much I can get away with.

Turn signals? Nah, Tesla drivers don't need no stinking orange lights!
This is what happens when you are an egomaniac who surrounds yourself only with people who kiss your ass all day. He had no one near him to explain how stupid this thing is.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
I agree with you 100%. I have been paying attention to this thing from day 1 in the same way I can’t look away from a train wreck happening right in front of me. Based on Space Karen’s comments throughout, he claims he is not necessarily trying to compete with traditional trucks. So this is his attempt to make a truck for those same fan boys who think the Boring company is great.
Next, they will put a, "It's not a flame thrower," on the hood! 😆

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Between the unpainted metal exterior, slab sides, lack of exterior mirrors, and electric propulsion, maybe Tesla was influenced by the Top Gear Hammerhead Eagle i-Thrust
Rivian R1T R1S Cybertruck reveals new triangle mirrors (removable) in Palo Alto sighting 📸🎥 (video) BC97ECF2-91AE-4C5F-A7EE-23C9593BAC38

The Top Gear creation came with a range extender and wood, um, trim.

Edit:typo
Sponsored