Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I think the CyberTruck will be a huge success. I wonder if weight-wise since Telsa is keen on diet and watching weight, using Giga castings, etc may play in their favor. R1T is super heavy for the size of the truck at 7,150 lbs is what MT found. I find no reason I can't be cheering for both to succeed.
I agree. The toughness of the CT is compelling, that coupled with 4 motor swiftness and a low operating cost, welcomes people to risk and experiment. In January more news on new features could heat up the waters of expectancy. In fact, with the Texas factory almost done, the remaining challenge will be production difficulties not demand or design. Can they make it? That battle takes place on the Austin field of dreams.
Sponsored

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
I think the CyberTruck will be a huge success. I wonder if weight-wise since Telsa is keen on diet and watching weight, using Giga castings, etc may play in their favor. R1T is super heavy for the size of the truck at 7,150 lbs is what MT found. I find no reason I can't be cheering for both to succeed.
In a world where no one can talk about anything without having an enemy, it is refreshing to read your comment.

I wonder if price and timing was not a factor, how many people would really struggle choosing between the two. I suspect not many. So I doubt there is a real fight out there.

CT has a larger bed and payload, can carry 6 people comfortably in two rows and demands attention. It is a TESLA.

R1T is easier to blend in, navigate off road and in the city. Has a spare, my wife can drive it and has a cozier interior. It is NOT a TESLA.

There are tons of other differences but my point is, depending on what you want to do with your truck and what kinda person you are one should have a higher weight in making that decision. Of course timing and price can tip the balance and make some compromises more acceptable.

ChrissyOne

First Name
Chrissy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX350, R1T Pre-order
Occupation
Creative Production Manager at Wizards of the Coast
It will reach a level of success and renown that we haven't seen since the Microsoft Zune.