Sponsored

Cybertruck photo leaked! ?

SoCalTravels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Nexo, Lexus RX450h
or not have roof fly off (more than one instance i think)
or sell a car missing parts, like usb ports that was missing on many cars they sold
We went to a Tesla shop to test drive a Y last year. The first one we drove a performance model with 500 miles on the odo, the rear motor had a “catastrophic failure” something you don’t want to see pop up on a car screen while driving. It died mid test drive and Tesla people had to come pick us up.

When we got back to the store they apologized profusely and gave us another Y to take home for an extended over night test drive. While driving around doing errands that evening we heard this horrible noise coming from the rear right tire. We got home popped off the hub cap to find 3 of the bolts lose rolling around in the hubcap! The tire wasn’t fully secured to the car! Tesla came that evening to pick up that car and then ghosted us. Never followed up.
Sponsored

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Apparently, per the introductory roll-out, all you need to open the windows is a shotput*.

(*Batteries not included)
Still counts as keyless entry right?

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Really? I don't think it has aged at all. It's a timeless design. Meaning there's not a single time I've looked at it that I liked it.
Haha. I concede, I think you are right.

ohmman

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Model X LR, 2014 Model S P85
I've owned Teslas since 2014 and eagerly anticipated the CT but it is just not my style. The nice way I choose to say it is, "I couldn't pull that off."

I will say, though, the Cd is estimated at .37 which will be impressive and make for a much more efficient vehicle than the standard 3-rectangle truck shape. I'm betting they'll beat Rivian's 488Wh/mi rated number.

Of course, you still have to be able to "pull it off." ?

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Really the only thing I like about it is the materials they chose.
When they first rolled this thing out on the stage, I went back in time to a fond childhood memory. We grew up with this well-used, dented-up toaster. There was nothing remarkable about it. I still remember that day when my Mom came home with a brand new, brushed stainless-steel unit that could handle four slices of bread! No more waiting in line for toast in the morning! Happy Days, indeed!

The CyberToaster was one the first technology breakthroughs in my lifetime. Granted, this was before anyone in our neighborhood had color TV, and nobody I even knew had remote controls yet, for anything. Also, all four available channels arrived via the antenna on the roof. Every strong wind prompted a tuning session involving one person watching the TV, another on the roof "aiming" the antenna at the distant towers, and at least one other family member relaying and screaming directions and feedback between the others. Given that backdrop, the original CT in our kitchen made quite a lasting impression. Don't forget, it, too, was all-electric.

Fast forward to two years ago, and I so was excited for the rollout of the new CT, the one with wheels. After watching the laser lightshow and glass-shattering performance, Elon stole the words right out of my mouth: "Oh my effing God!" To this day, I'm still more impressed by the CyberToaster of almost 60 years ago. Also, it took way less bread to make it work. ?

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I've owned Teslas since 2014 and eagerly anticipated the CT but it is just not my style. The nice way I choose to say it is, "I couldn't pull that off."

I will say, though, the Cd is estimated at .37 which will be impressive and make for a much more efficient vehicle than the standard 3-rectangle truck shape. I'm betting they'll beat Rivian's 488Wh/mi rated number.

I'm afraid driving that thing around would be as conspicuous as wearing gold MC Hammer pants to a funeral...or anywhere...
Rivian R1T R1S Cybertruck photo leaked! ? 1ba4cf23-a536-4fa1-b98c-17e59d024761_1.5c820c5aa19dd110450fa6858ad76f9f

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mercedes EQS SUV
When the Cybertruck was originally revealed the F150 Lightning and EV Silverado didn't publicly exist. Rivian was the only other game in town but was a startup hardly anyone heard of, and seemed to be going after the adventure truck lifestyle, not the work truck. We were told the Cybertruck shape was necessary in order to use a completely new manufacturing process (for trucks) and it would greatly reduce the overall cost.

Now we have the F150 on sale and starting to ship, and the EV Silverado launching next year. Both very competitive products offering similar specs, and potentially better features (an actual interior) compared to the Cybertruck. In the meantime the base version has been eliminated, and we all know the price will dramatically increase compared to the original promise.

I don't see the advantage of using the origami stainless steel body design. It seems like Tesla went down this path because they believed they had a break through which didn't pan out. But now they are so far down the rabbit hole that there is no turning back. If they had simply developed a more traditional truck design, based on Tesla's current "style", they probably would have already sold 500k of them.

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA

Sponsored

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
My biggest hesitation with this truck has always been the size and it looks like they tamed it a bit. I personally prefer the styling over the Rivian but am getting tired of Tesla gimmicks like the yoke and no door handles.
I think their prime directive is increasing revenue (reducing manufacturing cost and increasing production speed). If door handles and panel gap perfectionism get in the way of that, so what. People still stand in line for them even with price increase. Yoke May be an attempt to stay industry leader in change. Frankly if it has a good variable turning ratio and I don’t have to take my hand off the wheel to make a U-turn I may prefer it. Gotta see. Then again, adding rear steering, another motor and center display does not scream leader. Even if they look lost, it keeps getting uglier and I look forward to owning a Tesla as much of owning a Ford, if they stick with pricing (CT2 for $50K) and it was available before Rivian, I still consider it. But we all know the chance of those two things happening.

If there is anyone that can pull it off, it is you. That bold rugged look and CT are match made in heaven ;)

Rivian R1T R1S Cybertruck photo leaked! ? 1643153293938

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
If there is anyone that can pull it off, it is you. That bold rugged look and CT are match made in heaven ;)

1643153293938.png
Proto-Human for a Proto-Pickup Truck! ?

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
I hope @ohmman has a sense of humor. I have a lot of respect for his posts.
Why do I feel that’s what I will look like after retiring to Florida and playing pickle ball 24/7….hell yes, I’ll exit whatever damn vehicle I want! (Golf cart included).

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
When they first rolled this thing out on the stage, I went back in time to a fond childhood memory. We grew up with this well-used, dented-up toaster. There was nothing remarkable about it. I still remember that day when my Mom came home with a brand new, brushed stainless-steel unit that could handle four slices of bread! No more waiting in line for toast in the morning! Happy Days, indeed!

The CyberToaster was one the first technology breakthroughs in my lifetime. Granted, this was before anyone in our neighborhood had color TV, and nobody I even knew had remote controls yet, for anything. Also, all four available channels arrived via the antenna on the roof. Every strong wind prompted a tuning session involving one person watching the TV, another on the roof "aiming" the antenna at the distant towers, and at least one other family member relaying and screaming directions and feedback between the others. Given that backdrop, the original CT in our kitchen made quite a lasting impression. Don't forget, it, too, was all-electric.

Fast forward to two years ago, and I so was excited for the rollout of the new CT, the one with wheels. After watching the laser lightshow and glass-shattering performance, Elon stole the words right out of my mouth: "Oh my effing God!" To this day, I'm still more impressed by the CyberToaster of almost 60 years ago. Also, it took way less bread to make it work. ?
I would rather drive your cybertoaster than the cybertruck. Plus I would always have delicious snacks on board!
Sponsored