Sponsored

Cybertruck photo leaked! ?

Engi_Nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR, Alfa Romeo Giulia
My biggest hesitation with this truck has always been the size and it looks like they tamed it a bit. I personally prefer the styling over the Rivian but am getting tired of Tesla gimmicks like the yoke and no door handles.
Sponsored

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
I mean,

At least when we go to war with Russia, you could flip it up, and yell “CHARGE!” As you launch into battle.
It's based on an ancient Leonardo da Vinci design.
Rivian R1T R1S Cybertruck photo leaked! ? 1643043564028

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I might have put in a reservation for it if this was the design they lead with. Probably not though. It's still too abrasive.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
  • Haha
Reactions: Max

Sponsored

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
If I were wealthy enough to literally throw away $70,000, I'd buy one and blow it up in a You Tube Video. Because that seems to be the trendy thing to do with Teslas that you hate. ?

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
Now with video: https://electrek.co/2022/01/24/tesl...own-in-detail-in-new-leaked-walkaround-video/

This part (which I assume is a typo) cracked me up: "As noted in our post about the leaked pictures, it shows that the Cybertruck prototype doesn’t have door handles.

That’s something Musk previously confirmed about the updated design, but he didn’t say the doors would open...."

I think a "how" is missing in the emphasized part, but as written I chuckled.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Now with video: https://electrek.co/2022/01/24/tesl...own-in-detail-in-new-leaked-walkaround-video/

This part (which I assume is a typo) cracked me up: "As noted in our post about the leaked pictures, it shows that the Cybertruck prototype doesn’t have door handles.

That’s something Musk previously confirmed about the updated design, but he didn’t say the doors would open...."

I think a "how" is missing in the emphasized part, but as written I chuckled.
Window based entry and exit. Duh.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
This CT concept still isn’t finalized, not sure where it fits in exactly. We’ve seen a couple recent videos surface with CT mules having different front ends and the amber lights required for high-GVW trucks. Mirrors are said to be removable, but most states will still require physical mirrors for the time being.

The wiper should work better than most realize. Keep in mind it does not pivot the entire arm from that corner And rotate like a typical wiper blade. The blade remains vertical and wipes straight across and then again on the way back, clearing the entire windshield glass each direction. I’m admittedly still a bit skeptical, not because of the concept, but because Tesla has yet to make a decent wiper system.

Exterior dimensions are confirmed to be about 3% smaller overall than the reveal truck. However, cargo space remains the same and it’s still a 5’ x 6’ bed. Roof peak and rear slope angles are less aggressive. Pictures often make it look smaller than it is and it’s difficult to judge its size unless you see it in person. It’s still very much F-150 size.

Looks like tri-motor option and single motor option are no longer. It will be available as dual motor or quad motor. 4 wheel steering available, like the Hummer & Silverado EV.

It uses the same door opening mechanism as the new Roadster. Touch/gesture on the pillar and door pops open. Not sure if I’m a fan of that or not... Would prefer physical buttons like on the Model X or the pop-outs like on the Model S are great.

There was an Instagram post a few months back with some of the crew using the CT on-site throughout the construction in Austin. Didn’t make much splash for news other than the couple pictures of the CT in the background, but the meat of it was in the commentary from the workers. The general consensus was how shocked, stunned, amazed at how well the CT handled on the job site and how practical and functional it Is. I suppose we’ll see…. With its looks, it will take a lot of special abilities to win over the Ford and Chevy crowds from their respective brands and Ford already nailed the EV work truck concept with the Lightning. Lightning’s only two shortcomings are availability and battery being a bit on the small side. Of course, more cab and bed configurations are coming as they can satisfy demand.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I wish we could add a poll to this thread to see how many people think this will actually make it to production. I vote *no way in hell*

There are just so many things that seem off about this vehicle or were afterthoughts and got slapped on there later, like a WINDSHIELD WIPER (!) and SIDE MIRRORS (!)

Really the only thing I like about it is the materials they chose.

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
10 years into manufacturing cars, and Tesla still can't figure out how to assemble sheet metals together without panels gaps and warps, even if it's straight pieces of metal joined in right angles!

Riv240

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T
10 years into manufacturing cars, and Tesla still can't figure out how to assemble sheet metals together without panels gaps and warps, even if it's straight pieces of metal joined in right angles!
or not have roof fly off (more than one instance i think)
or sell a car missing parts, like usb ports that was missing on many cars they sold

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Still looks like a crappy concept car. The more I see it the worse it looks. I thought it was somewhat bold and cool when they announced it, but it really hasn't aged well. Those fender flares look cheap. The rear tailgate looks very awkward and of course the windshield wiper is beyond hilarious.

And no door handles? Good luck to anyone who buys this hunk of junk (if they ever even produce it).

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

but it really hasn't aged well.
Really? I don't think it has aged at all. It's a timeless design. Meaning there's not a single time I've looked at it that I liked it.
Sponsored