Sponsored

Cybertruck Latest "Beta" Prototype gets up close look inside and out at Tesla Investor Day

Ravenron

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer/Retired Military
Good luck on that thinking. Also, better buy brasso now before the rush
I can’t keep my stainless refrigerator clean of fingerprints - having that on a whole truck is going to be a nightmare…ugh. I wish someone would wrap one to at least see some variety.
Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Yeah, I couldn’t believe that either. They couldn’t be bothered to close that gap for the investor demonstration?
Yeah, Tesla doesn't care about its customers but you'd think they'd try a little harder for "investor" day.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I can’t keep my stainless refrigerator clean of fingerprints - having that on a whole truck is going to be a nightmare…ugh. I wish someone would wrap one to at least see some variety.
Yeah - The side of the seat in stainless with the power seat controls? That will be covered in oily fingerprints all the time and it's the first thing you see when you open the door.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
A “double-bagger,” for sure…

HighVoltOverland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GW/OC R1T | Tesla MY | Jeep Wrangler TJ
Occupation
Retired-ish
Clubs

You think there was backlash when Rivian increased prices on order holders? Wait until Tesla releases the price of the CT. There are going to be some pissed off people who believed they were getting a $40k CT.
Elon has to make up for the billions he hemorrhaged with Twitter somehow

Sponsored

DirtyJester

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 kona ev
Occupation
Millwright
I still haven’t seen where the actual headlights are lol

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

Gets more heinous every time they show it. They can't even get the tailgate edge to match without warping. And that's on the show car....

Tesla Build Quality©

Screenshot 2023-03-01 at 7.43.36 PM.png
Yes. Although I’ve thought the same about the gear tunnel doors TBH. Still, this entire thing is a sharp edge.

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

To its credit, it does have a good bed size and the ability for a ton of covered storage with the way its tonneau cover is designed (at the sacrifice of having a rear window) which sucks.

I loved my 2019 Model S. Once Tesla switched to the stalkless, shifterless design, those were deal breakers for me, as was the stupid yoke wheel, which they've at least corrected. I had a Model 3 for about 2 months and hated it, immediately going back to the Model S. Once the updated Model S came out, I was finally off the Tesla train after 9 years straight.

This think, despite still being hideous looking, appears will be a capable "Truck". But, I don't need a "truck" to be a truck. I chose my Rivian over the F-150 for that reason as aside from Ford offering a better "Truck", the Rivian was superior in almost every other way.

While I see they gave this a full steering wheel, I see it has no stalks, deal breaker. Also, despite appearing even higher than the Rivian, has no running boards / bars. Just finally got that resolved on my Rivian and love them.

With the changes that had to be made to make it a road worthy truck, it looks even worse now. AND, they went with just one screen, which is one of the things I hated about the Model 3, another deal breaker.

So, even if I could get past its looks, not a chance I'll be a customer. Had hoped it would grow on me, but it hasn't.

Also, after seeing how other stainless steel cars look after a few years, I don't think its stainless body will be very attractive for long.

It will be a great EV as most Tesla's are, but their design choices have just gone the opposite direction for my personal preferences and needs.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
That sharp corner is just asking for some stitches. Imagine stepping off the tailgate and catching that stainless corner on your calf.
Or even just putting something in the bed. The front of the bed is too tall so you’ll be forced to do it at the back end, right next to those unnecessarily sharp corners😬

Sponsored

the long way downunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH
Doesn't look "pre-production beta" to me. From the cabin to every corner, especially the rear, the tailgate, inside the bed and the details … it all looks like another development prototype.

When they do get closer, say in 6-9 months, to production, I'd like to see camera washers and a retractable cover under the roof..

Just experiencing a blizzard for a week or two in a Rivian R1T, and having had both Model X and Model 3 for the same purpose of winter sports, I know something about what happens when "version 1.0" vehicles get buried in snow and subjected to icing conditions. Both Rivian and Tesla really need to do some cold weather testing. e.g.:
  1. windshield and wiper heating elements
  2. cameras washers, headlight washers
  3. doors, frunk, and trunk/bed/tonneau need to be designed to not ice shut
  4. charge port and connectors fill with snow and ice over
  5. door handles fill with ice
  6. gaps around glass fill with leaves, road grime, dirt, and fill with snow that turns to ice
  7. retractable running board rock sliders to be able to get in at various heights and kick off boots

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5, Lucid Air Touring
No different than the corners on the Rivian gear tunnel door.
The Rivian at least has rolled edges. Not sure about the Cybertruck. If those are raw stainless, they are like razor blades.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
HAHA

Tesla Snitches Get CyberStiches.
On Reddit, one of the CT fanbois posted a comment that the fit and finish of the vehicle looked fantastic and ready for production. I was going to comment, but I decided to maintain my sanity and scroll on.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE