Sponsored

Cybertruck Latest "Beta" Prototype gets up close look inside and out at Tesla Investor Day

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I still don’t understand how this thing is real. I thought Elon was prancing everyone. It just blows my mind how terrible it is and the cultists just fall in line.
Sponsored

Tomgriff

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 MS 70D, 2017 Chevy Bolt Premier, T700
I have a CT reservation in spite of the styling because at the time I made it, 50K for a dual motor full size electric truck with more than 300 miles of range was an incredible deal. CT will be successful if it delivers on range, drives well and is competitive on price. The second part will be how does the stainless steel hold up to normal wear, fender benders and bigger accidents and how will repairs be done. I suspect Tesla will deliver on the range but not sure about the price, it will certainly be more than the launch prices. But if it is 10-20K less than R1T or F150 Lightning, it will sell. To some degree I think the CT will be like the new BMW EV and their front end, if you get past the styling (or lack of) it is a compelling vehicle.

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
I have a CT reservation in spite of the styling because at the time I made it, 50K for a dual motor full size electric truck with more than 300 miles of range was an incredible deal. CT will be successful if it delivers on range, drives well and is competitive on price. The second part will be how does the stainless steel hold up to normal wear, fender benders and bigger accidents and how will repairs be done. I suspect Tesla will deliver on the range but not sure about the price, it will certainly be more than the launch prices. But if it is 10-20K less than R1T or F150 Lightning, it will sell. To some degree I think the CT will be like the new BMW EV and their front end, if you get past the styling (or lack of) it is a compelling vehicle.
Good luck on that thinking. Also, better buy brasso now before the rush

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Gets more heinous every time they show it. They can't even get the tailgate edge to match without warping. And that's on the show car....

Tesla Build Quality©

Rivian R1T R1S Cybertruck Latest "Beta" Prototype gets up close look inside and out at Tesla Investor Day Screenshot 2023-03-01 at 7.43.36 PM

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Everyone made a CT reservation because it was only $100. There's no way they will stick to that pricing structure. And it will be less efficient than both the Lightning and the Rivian so you will pay more to charge it and have worse range.

Sponsored

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5, Lucid Air Touring
Gets more heinous every time they show it. They can't even get the tailgate edge to match without warping. And that's on the show car....

Tesla Build Quality©

Screenshot 2023-03-01 at 7.43.36 PM.png
That sharp corner is just asking for some stitches. Imagine stepping off the tailgate and catching that stainless corner on your calf.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That sharp corner is just asking for some stitches. Imagine stepping off the tailgate and catching that stainless corner on your calf.
This is another classic Tesla design fail at the front corner. I can't imagine not at least bending it to fit temporarily for your show car. This thing is a disaster.

Rivian R1T R1S Cybertruck Latest "Beta" Prototype gets up close look inside and out at Tesla Investor Day Screenshot 2023-03-01 at 8.09.25 PM

Sponsored

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
I’ve been wondering that since day 1. Unless those rear seats are low riding there is no way anyone over 5’ is sitting back there comfortably.
And how on earth can you see out the rearview with the tonneau closed? A camera rearview mirror isn’t allowed in the US.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
And how on earth can you see out the rearview with the tonneau closed? A camera rearview mirror isn’t allowed in the US.
Since when? GMC Sierra Denali has a camera rear view mirror.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Since when? GMC Sierra Denali has a camera rear view mirror.
Same for side mirror cameras, which is why Tesla bolted those last minute triangle fugly mirrors on each front door - as an afterthought.

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Tesla Model Y Performance
Clubs

This is another classic Tesla design fail at the front corner. I can't imagine not at least bending it to fit temporarily for your show car. This thing is a disaster.

Screenshot 2023-03-01 at 8.09.25 PM.png
Yeah, I couldn’t believe that either. They couldn’t be bothered to close that gap for the investor demonstration?
Sponsored