First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
I always thought the price/specs/performance were vaporware.

Electrek Article
Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Cybertruck specs and price were pure Musk fantasy! If the CT ever comes to market, they will be last after Rivian, Ford, GM and will carry a lofty price! Plus it’s fugly!

Last edited:

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

:clap::swear::giggle:

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I always thought the price/specs/performance were vaporware.

Electrek Article
Yeah, anyone who understands how manufacturing and supply chain costs work would've said the same thing.

But, let's say that they can get even close to the cost structure they wanted to drive. I guarantee they would sell it for a higher price due to the fact that profits in the truck sector are ther eto be made. The market for seemingly visually impaired people who want trucks is apparently massive.

Kmann1994

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Head of Product
And this comes as if I really needed any further validation that I made the right choice 7 months ago when I cancelled my Cybertruck pre-order and ordered a Rivian R1T instead...

Sponsored

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I wouldn't be surprised if all of the new truck competition is forcing them to rethink specs and trims, but it could also just be that they're planning an upcoming media event to present a more finalized version of the cybertruck and so they're removing speculative specifications in preparation for that.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
My guess is RWD goes away, and only dual motor or quad motor (hub motors?) are the only options. Also, price goes way up. Think Model Y + $10-15k for base dual motor.

Jay

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent
All tesla does is deceive people by projecting potential savings price by default and always the cheapest model gets axed ?. Its just their marketing strategy which will attract people to do the talk "tesla is affordable" which I say is my ass.?

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Yeah, anyone who understands how manufacturing and supply chain costs work would've said the same thing.

But, let's say that they can get even close to the cost structure they wanted to drive. I guarantee they would sell it for a higher price due to the fact that profits in the truck sector are ther eto be made. The market for seemingly visually impaired people who want trucks is apparently massive.
If they got anywhere near the # of preorders as they said they did, that alone would be worth increasing the base price. If that many people are willing to preorder something sight unseen based on price and specs, you've vastly underpriced your product.

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
If they got anywhere near the # of preorders as they said they did, that alone would be worth increasing the base price. If that many people are willing to preorder something sight unseen based on price and specs, you've vastly underpriced your product.
Exactly. They can’t realistically fulfill anywhere near the number of preorders on the books in a reasonable amount of time. They can thin the ranks and rake in the profits.

Sponsored

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
1- Supply chain and 2- battery tech not ready for prime because…see 1-…

…not something to gloat about IMO :(

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

1- Supply chain and 2- battery tech not ready for prime because…see 1-…

…not something to gloat about IMO :(
I don't know that anyone is gloating. The actual CT costing more and performing worse would just be run of the mill Elon. Don't believe me? I'll give you $35,000 and you go buy yourself a new model 3.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
My guess is RWD goes away, and only dual motor or quad motor (hub motors?) are the only options. Also, price goes way up. Think Model Y + $10-15k for base dual motor.
This has always confused me. They're going to make CT for the less than the model 3 LR? Riiiiight.
Sponsored