First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
Someone sent me this video link. Apparently it is delayed by at least a year.

Sponsored

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
Lol yeah not a surprise.

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
If memory serves production was to start Q4 2021. So I would guess 2022 deliveries. I have not seen any official. I am sure the short sellers are going to fan the flames as much as possible with a "missed" delivery. They are losing big time right now.

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
The source of the info is an email to reservation holders, but what it means really depends on what you inferred from the website when it said production would start late 2021.

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
The source of the info is an email to reservation holders, but what it means really depends on what you inferred from the website when it said production would start late 2021.
I have 3 reservations and have not been notified of any delays. One of my reservations is fairly early below 20k.

Sponsored

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
I have 3 reservations and have not been notified of any delays. One of my reservations is fairly early below 20k.
This was in the email Tesla sent to reservation holders encouraging them to lease a Tesla while they waited for the Cybertruck. It didn't go to all reservation holders. It also isn't clear that the Cybertruck has been delayed, at least from the excerpt of the letter in the Insideevs article below.
https://insideevs.com/news/457739/tesla-hopes-cybertruck-reservation-holders-lease-now/

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
You're not missing much. It was a marketing ploy - "lease another vehicle while you wait for your Cybertruck". A friend got one, and if you google Cybertruck delay, you'll find plenty of websites that have posted it.

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
You're not missing much. It was a marketing ploy - "lease another vehicle while you wait for your Cybertruck". A friend got one, and if you google Cybertruck delay, you'll find plenty of websites that have posted it.
Oh I got that one. I took it as a push for them to hit numbers by year end.

Chris S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Model 3 Perf, '19 MX-5 Club, '22 Model Y Perf
Occupation
REALTOR
I'm a day 1 reservation holder and haven't receieved any emails about a delay. Maybe the fact that I already own a Tesla could have something to do with that.

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
I'm a day 1 reservation holder and haven't receieved any emails about a delay. Maybe the fact that I already own a Tesla could have something to do with that.
We have a 3. But the only thing I saw was a push for leases while we wait.

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I preordered reveal night too & no email here either, and I'm not a Tesla owner.

Probably not going to pull the trigger on it though, because the design prevents the ability to tow my 5th wheel...I was hoping it might be able to replace my diesel HD truck, but don't believe it will fit the bill.

DBO

First Name
Dafydd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CR-V
I saw this video and it's pretty misleading. They say the truck is delayed until 2022 for production and 2023 deliveries based on the email, but fail to mention that those numbers were only for the single motor trim. The same email says the dual and tri-motor variants are scheduled to be produced late 2021 and delivered early 22 which is what it's been since the beginning. Kind of a click bait video...
Sponsored