DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

First of all, a Happy St. Patrick's Day to all! To that end, I submit a little humor. If a moderator should find this inappropriate, please advise and I'll be happy to remove it. In light of the recent Hindenburg/Lordstown story, I must disclose that while I have invested much in this product in the past, I have liquidated those assets and have disposed of all holdings. I can say that I'm left with some very fond memories. I think...

Now, back to the important stuff. I thought there was a thread or two out there regarding custom license plates that folks might be contemplating, but my search feature came up empty. I apologize if I missed it, but with the fun of St. Patty's Day upon us, I thought I'd see what people are thinking about in the way of plates.

As I have mentioned elsewhere in a thread about what we might name our new vehicles, in Oregon, we're limited to six characters. Seven characters would make "RIV2LIV" or "LIV2RIV" possible, just not here. I'm not sure I want to spend the money for fancy plates, but it's fun to tinker with the possibilities. I was able to get "FO NADER" for my Corvair when I lived in L.A. back in the mid-80's. After finding that "UNSAFE" was already taken, the clerk at DMV asked if I wanted something else. Being a self-respecting smarta$$, I said "How about 'F. O. Nader'?" Thankfully, when she asked what that meant, I had the presence of mind to blurt out, "Uh...Friends of Nader.... It's a small consumer group advocating for automobile safety". Her response was "That's cool!" I assumed the censors would block it, but they didn't. Those plates easily got more thumbs ups and laughs than the number of fender-benders they caused in that traffic.

Any fun thoughts about a fun customized plate for your Rivian, or anyone else's, for that matter. Remember, "SMARTA$$" is too long for use in Oregon. I wonder if "SKYOTE" is taken yet? Hmmm?... I'll have to check.

Suggestions, musings, and artistic renderings, please.
Sponsored

Big_Ike

First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MYP, '22 R1T, '23 R1S
Occupation
Parenting
Clubs

I'm hoping for SAVFERS or EDROONY

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
SANZCO2 - Without Carbon Dioxide

phonetic spelling of sans

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
SANZCO2 - Without Carbon Dioxide

phonetic spelling of sans
You're just inviting the crazies to corner you in the parking lot and explain to you how you're destroying the planet with your batteries and coal-sourced electricity. ?ā€ā™‚

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
You're just inviting the crazies to corner you in the parking lot and explain to you how you're destroying the planet with your batteries and coal-sourced electricity. ?ā€ā™‚
I figure anyone that figures out what it really means will understand that argument to be weak at best.

Seems anyone I have ever had the discussion with talks about the manufacturing process of the electric vehicle and batteries as well as the fossil fuels to generate the electricity all being worse than the burning of the fuel in an ICE vehicle. They conveniently forget that the fuel does not come out of the ground ready to use and the ICE vehicles (or at least the ones I have had) don't grow naturally on trees.

I feel comfortable enough to defend my position, especially as we start to get greener on the production of electricity and if Rivian really is able to put the batteries into a second life as grid based storage systems that will last way longer in that life then they do in an EV life.

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
I figure anyone that figures out what it really means will understand that argument to be weak at best.

Seems anyone I have ever had the discussion with talks about the manufacturing process of the electric vehicle and batteries as well as the fossil fuels to generate the electricity all being worse than the burning of the fuel in an ICE vehicle. They conveniently forget that the fuel does not come out of the ground ready to use and the ICE vehicles (or at least the ones I have had) don't grow naturally on trees.

I feel comfortable enough to defend my position, especially as we start to get greener on the production of electricity and if Rivian really is able to put the batteries into a second life as grid based storage systems that will last way longer in that life then they do in an EV life.
I'm sure you'll be ok, I was just joking...

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I'm sure you'll be ok, I was just joking...
It has actually been on a vehicle for 5 years, it has created some conversations but none that did not end in a positive light....

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Iā¤RUM3

Since I already have
Iā¤RUM
Iā¤RUM2

HackyMoto

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 (Gray), Toyota Highlander (Gray)
Occupation
Engineer
Fortunately, I can get 7 letters on a plate in Texas so being from Scotland.

Jobby
Bawbag
och aye - this is going on the Tesla
eejit
Beastie

Rivian R1T R1S Personal / Vanity Plates, Anyone? och aye

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Google ā€œEV Custom Platesā€ and youā€™ll get numerous links with lists of whatā€™s already taken.

When I got my Tesla, not many EVs in NC at the time, so I was able to steal some ideas from those lists. I originally tried for PLUGSIN, but that was taken so I tried PLUGZIN and that was available. When I moved to UT, I tried PLUGZIN here, and that was taken, so I tried PLUGSIN and that was available.

Haters love to dog the EV crowd for getting custom plates. My FIL started the custom plate program in NC and used the money to fund roadside beautification on the stateā€™s highways. So Iā€™m a bit partial to the programs if the money is being used for a good cause.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Boom, triple meaning...too bad it's already taken or declined.

1) Cars
2) Stations
3) well, you know

Rivian R1T R1S Personal / Vanity Plates, Anyone? Capture+_2021-01-28-20-13-02~2

damonator5000

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Sadly, Illinois doesnā€™t allow vanity electric plates ?

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
Iā€™m probably in the minority here on this forum, and I love all your posts and the ā€œenergyā€ for this vanity EV plate thing, but I have had a love affair with 13mpg SUVā€™s. Especially fast ones. Iā€™m buying an R1S because I can go 0-60 in 3, 35% less parts to fix, and a whole less maintenance cost. (Hopefully) Thatā€™s it. Iā€™m not an ā€œenvironmentalistā€, I take hot showers, wear clean underwear every day washed in hot water...sometimes with bleach, and put fertilizer with weed control on my lawn. But I recycle, donā€™t throw trash out my window, and sometimes even mulch my grass instead of bagging. ā€œCarbon-freeā€œ vanity plates make me cringe. To me, it comes off as ā€œIā€™m better than youā€. But I understand the fun/tech and to each their own...with that said...Iā€™ll be transferring my plate referring more to my profession than carbon use...

Rivian R1T R1S Personal / Vanity Plates, Anyone? 856DBBF7-EDF7-4DC4-A85D-D6185A65D5A0
Sponsored