First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1S, Tesla S, MAzda CX-30, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Software Engineering Director
I bet they are still trying to find a way to charge us an arm and a leg for EV Vanity plates, or might just make the renewal 2500 instead of 250, or something ridiculous like that. I was talking to someone at the tire shop, and he said there was rumor to impose higher tax on EV tries because they go through them a lot faster, so contributing to more wear and tear on the roads; might have been another factor in the registration increase because you can buy the tires and have them mounted at 2 different places, or the shop can avoid reporting the tires came of an EV... stupid things happen in Illinois all the time.

I've seen a few vanity plates on Teslas before in Chicago.
And I just ordered "EV MOTO" for my electric motorcycle.
I think that works if you transfer non-EV plates from another vehicle, but with new plates for an EV, they don’t have a vanity option :/ There was legislation proposed to change that, but it didn’t go anywhere

Sponsored

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
@DuckTruck mention a "Normal Truck" in another thread, so this strikes me as a good "insider" plate (most won't get the reference):

Rivian R1T R1S Personal / Vanity Plates, Anyone? 20001f443b

Also:
Rivian R1T R1S Personal / Vanity Plates, Anyone? 20004d7b95

JJ Cale could be the most popular songwriter many have never heard of - "Call me the Breeze" seems to fit the truck.
Well now, they call me the breeze
I keep blowin' down the road
Well, I got that green light, baby
I got to keep movin' on
Well, I might go out to California
Might go down to Georgia, I don't know

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

@DuckTruck mention a "Normal Truck" in another thread, so this strikes me as a good "insider" plate (most won't get the reference):

20001f443b.png

Also:
20004d7b95.png

JJ Cale could be the most popular songwriter many have never heard of - "Call me the Breeze" seems to fit the truck.
Well now, they call me the breeze
I keep blowin' down the road
Well, I got that green light, baby
I got to keep movin' on
Well, I might go out to California
Might go down to Georgia, I don't know
DucRider,

That's very clever and exactly the type of stuff I was hoping to catch by casting out my first net. What an awesome tribute to my all-time favorite, most under-appreciated songwriter! From Clapton to Synyrd to anyone who's ever recorded "Angel From Montgomery", many stars owe much to John Prine's prolific writing abilities. His music will live on, even though John was one of the first "celebrities" (he would hate that tag) to die from COVID-19.

John would love the love you're showing him here (although he would likely chuckle at being associated with the term "NORMAL").

That makes my day, and it isn't even 9:00 a.m. yet! I'm taking the rest of the day off!

Thanks again!

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Civic, EX-L, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

That's a prime choice for a plate.
Already locked in NCC1701, which is the ship name for the Star Trek Enterprise. The long tail light and headlight bar remind me of the Enterprise D's warp lights.

1616307122013.png
[geek] Actually, NCC1701 is the Naval Contract Code for the ship. The name is Enterprise. It is a Constellation class. The Enterprise in the image would have a NCC-1701D to denote the 5th generation, and the 1st Galaxy class ship of the line[/geek]

Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Just came up with an idea for our friends down under:
BEAUTE

Can be read as beaut ("she's a beaut") or Battery Electric Adventure Ute.

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
Keeping it simple...just got MY R1S (on a ski country speciality plate) like the HP plate but made no sense until we actually know how much power the car has.

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I'm torn between my original wordplays of "RIVIOT", "RIVVIT" and now "SPIR1T", or "SPI R1T". Another play would be "SPR1TE".

So many fun options out there. As DucRider pointed out, many would be inside jokes between Rivian owners. That makes them that much more enjoyable. ?
Sponsored