Sponsored

Current Rivian owners - What’s one change that would make you happier?

ElCapiTan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mustang
Occupation
Computer Janitor
Omg. That coment has me 💀😆

Does yours show this notification? Mine shows it all the time letting me know it is active:

1685036917994.png

My Pixel 3 XL is getting a bit long in the tooth, was thinking about upgrading. Maybe I should just keep the old phone because it works so well, LOL. 🙃
I turned the notification off because I found it annoying. I assumed I just turned of the notification but I'm going to re-enable it to see if it makes a difference.
Sponsored

foxerson

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'10 Outback, '11 328i, '23 R1T
An extra 6-12" of length in the R1T bed. (Looks like I might be the only one asking for this.)

The 4.5" bed has been a bigger adjustment than I anticipated coming from a full size Silverado with a 6.5' bed. Given that the R1T is 6" longer than a Ford Ranger and 5" longer than a Toyota Tacoma it seems like it should have been possible to match (or exceed) the 5' bed on those two models.

RivLiam

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

RivLiam

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Being able to monitor cargo in the bed with the existing camera.
I would one up you and ask to make all cameras available from app remotely. Few buddies at work will park their Tesla across from our charging stations and can check to see if they are open from the app - thankfully they're nice enough to yell at me if they see an opening when they don't need it. Would be nice to be able to check on truck cargo as well from app.

RNFinCA

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RT1
Occupation
Retired
An extra 6-12" of length in the R1T bed. (Looks like I might be the only one asking for this.)

The 4.5" bed has been a bigger adjustment than I anticipated coming from a full size Silverado with a 6.5' bed. Given that the R1T is 6" longer than a Ford Ranger and 5" longer than a Toyota Tacoma it seems like it should have been possible to match (or exceed) the 5' bed on those two models.

Sponsored

chrismc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
(Much) higher output AC inverter!! At the bare minimum at least bring it up to spec to run anything you can plug into a standard household outlet.

OP
OP
Chewy734

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

FYI, for those that are curious, I plan on compiling all these results sometime this weekend, and construct a Pugh matrix to share with all of you.

We can also update that over time as well. Thanks for all your inputs! Keep ‘em coming!

Cale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 RS1 Launch Ed., '09 C4S, '05 Elise, SRF Gen 3
Occupation
Chief Medical Officer Formula One Vegas and Formula E Portland
I have only had my R1S for abut 2 months. I keep finding things that they could do better. And I keep finding things that it does that amaze me. Like tracking the vehicle in front of me to match its speed while in cruise control.

1. I have to agree with the customizable screens.

2. Every car that I have driven for the past 44 years has had one of those steering column locks. So when you turn the car off, the power steering is off and maybe it will lock the column. I use the steering wheel to help me get out of the vehicle. If I put the Rivian into park and then egress using the steering wheel as a handle, the wheel turns easily as would a power steering car if the engine was still running. I guess the engineers leave the power assisted steering on so that the wheel can be turned while still in park?? A moving handle (steering wheel) makes egress a little more difficult.

Honey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge 2013
Occupation
Firefighter
I want Infotainment: Amazon music, netflix, hulu, amazon video, etc

Sponsored

Ash

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T & 19' GX460
Occupation
Real Estate
+1 for fixing the proximity lock/unlock (iPhone 13P). Sometimes it's great, but it's usually not. It's silly how inconsistent it is.

Short list of runner ups:
- Loading mode (raise the the front, lower the back for easier access) It's all there, they just need to write the software.
- Stop putting the damn truck into park when I'm reversing. It's the single most frustrating thing my truck does. I hate electronic nannies.

There's plenty of little things I wish they would fix, though they've already fixed many of them with OTA updates. This is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned and there's no other vehicle at any price I would rather live with every day.

RNFinCA

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RT1
Occupation
Retired
Hi fellow Rivian owners,

I’m curious what one thing you would ask Rivian to change/improve to make you happier?

And, I mean related to your Rivian experiences, not just with your life in general. ;)

Mine is better quality control. It doesn’t matter if it’s at the factory or the service center, but it needs to be done before delivery!
FYI, for those that are curious, I plan on compiling all these results sometime this weekend, and construct a Pugh matrix to share with all of you.

We can also update that over time as well. Thanks for all your inputs! Keep ‘em coming!
Ford and Tesla just announced they will share Tesla’s charging network. Elon is trying to get in on the Biden electrification giveaway but he has to share it to qualify for funding. Get Rivian added to it!

JAH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Sometimes it takes 5-10 seconds from the time I press the keyfob till the vehicle unlocks. I'm standing there like an idiot next to it, girlfriend holding grocery bags on the other side, waiting for the car to unlock.

I thought keyfob unlocking a car was a solved problem, but it seems like they've tried to reinvent it.

Itsmecathyb

First Name
Catherine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Well, apple car play, of course. Could even be android auto. I’d switch to an android phone. Easier than buying another car.