Sponsored

Current Rivian owners - What’s one change that would make you happier?

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

Proximity unlocking. PAAK or key FOB, neither work consistently.
Zero issues with PAAK. Have had it set up since day 1. Google Pixel 3 XL phone. Idly curious if all/most of the people who're having problems with PAAK also have an iPhone?

Not trying to start a war but maybe it's an iPhone problem? 🤷‍♂️😆
Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Zero issues with PAAK. Have had it set up since day 1. Google Pixel 3 XL phone. Idly curious if all/most of the people who're having problems with PAAK also have an iPhone?

Nope. Android 13 users have had issues as well.

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

The same as every other day a post like this is posted…..

huskybrewing

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Clubs

Two things: reduce wind noise at higher speeds, and eliminate the vibration in the accelerator pedal from the AC system. Both are highly annoying in an otherwise amazing vehicle. (Service center said the AC vibration is normal, and their solution of replacing the header piece between the windshield and the sunroof did very little to reduce wind noise but resulted in other headaches that I won't discuss here but that were later resolved.)

Sponsored

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager

blturner

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Space Pirate
Fix the turn singles. The arrows on the display need to be bigger and not completely gone between flashes. Why copy all the shortcomings of lights when you have a display. The noise is hard to hear and annoying at the same time. Can't hear it on the highway, but at a stoplight, I just have to turn it off. The actual switch has weak tactile feedback between the two levels. I drive down the highway with it left on way more than I should.

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Fix the turn singles. The arrows on the display need to be bigger and not completely gone between flashes. Why copy all the shortcomings of lights when you have a display. The noise is hard to hear and annoying at the same time. Can't hear it on the highway, but at a stoplight, I just have to turn it off. The actual switch has weak tactile feedback between the two levels. I drive down the highway with it left on way more than I should.
I'm just going to stop using it altogether. Most people don't use it anyway. Brings some excitement to the daily mundane commute!

ElCapiTan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mustang
Occupation
Computer Janitor
Then it tells you there is a gear guard video, but its just of you looking like an idiot waiting for the thing to unlock.
:CWL: Oh shoot I totatly forgot about the truck popping the alert to say look at the cool footage I got of you trying to get in your own truck.

Idly curious if all/most of the people who're having problems with PAAK also have an iPhone?

Nope I'm on a Pixel 6. I got my truck in January and it worked flawlessly for about a month. Then one of the updates messed it up. I've tried reinstalling app and adding/removing PAAK... nothing provides consistant results. It may work good a few times but just when I'm walking up to my truck like a boss it leaves me standing at the door looking like a dope.

Also, if there is an Android vs. iPhone war sign me up on team Android.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Eliminate drivetrain lash.

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

when I'm walking up to my truck like a boss it leaves me standing at the door looking like a dope.
Omg. That coment has me 💀😆

Does yours show this notification? Mine shows it all the time letting me know it is active:

Rivian R1T R1S Current Rivian owners - What’s one change that would make you happier? 1685036917994

My Pixel 3 XL is getting a bit long in the tooth, was thinking about upgrading. Maybe I should just keep the old phone because it works so well, LOL. 🙃
Sponsored