Sponsored

Current Rivian owners - What’s one change that would make you happier?

RivAW

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Glacier White, Black Mountain, Black AT 20s,
RAN Chargers in New England or access to Tesla Supercharger network via adapter....
Sponsored

Duckman

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla M3, Subaru Outback
Occupation
Retired
Hi fellow Rivian owners,

I’m curious what one thing you would ask Rivian to change/improve to make you happier?

And, I mean related to your Rivian experiences, not just with your life in general. ;)

Mine is better quality control. It doesn’t matter if it’s at the factory or the service center, but it needs to be done before delivery!

Duckman

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla M3, Subaru Outback
Occupation
Retired
Hi fellow Rivian owners,

I’m curious what one thing you would ask Rivian to change/improve to make you happier?

And, I mean related to your Rivian experiences, not just with your life in general. ;)

Mine is better quality control. It doesn’t matter if it’s at the factory or the service center, but it needs to be done before delivery!
1. Get rid of the clunky, heavy extended tailgate and replace with a 2 way tailgate like the Ridgeline.
2. get rid of the small unnecessary storage area under the back seat and have the seats fold (again like the Ridgeline) to have a useful open area for cargo (or dogs).

Sponsored

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
Get rid of the animated cars on the center screen and use the real estate for something useful. I have two eyes. I can see every car on that stupid animation already. If ya want to show me something like that show me the cars beside and behind me. I do lack eyes in the back of my head. I just don’t get the purpose of that animation. Does anyone find that useful for something in particular?
I find it annoying also, and would love to be able to turn it off.

But it did help me to figure out why the adaptive cruise slows me down when I try to pass a semi. It sees the truck and 2-3 additional phantom cars that jump around right in front of me and screw up the curise control. Maybe I need an eye exam, and it is trying to tell me that, because the eyes in the front of my head do not see those cars.🤩

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Well Rivian would be the first. No one has full self driving yet.
Waymo and Cruise have it. I have seen many driverless cars in Phoenix.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Waymo and Cruise have it. I have seen many driverless cars in Phoenix.
They have what Tesla has, self driving assist. There isn’t a car you can buy or rent or drive that can drive you around 100% of the time.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

A-Pillar Grab Handles.

When I park my truck in spots like this to take a cool shot, it would make it a hell of a lot easier to get back in!

Rivian R1T R1S Current Rivian owners - What’s one change that would make you happier? 1685484303988

Rivian R1T R1S Current Rivian owners - What’s one change that would make you happier? 20230528_150846

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
They have what Tesla has, self driving assist. There isn’t a car you can buy or rent or drive that can drive you around 100% of the time.
Your kidding right? Waymo has driverless iPace cars in Phoenix, as does Cruise. I have personally seen them driving around. Soem have drivers and some do not.

How about this, driverless assist?

https://www.motor1.com/news/579299/driverless-chevy-bolt-pulled-over/

https://www.theverge.com/2022/8/29/23323593/waymo-driverless-vehicles-passengers-downtown-phoenix

Sponsored

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
I would like V2H, and/or 220v 60 amp from bed for welder, rv, etc
You don't even need 60amps. My hobart handler 190 and mvp 210 ran fine off a 30 amp breaker. The 190 only draws like 19 - 22 amps

srnyoung

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 eGolf, '04 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

I’m torn between:
- 6 1/2 foot bed I felt pretty silly not being able to close the gate on a disc golf basket, required straps. A truck should be able to carry 8 ft lumber without a load extender.
- dumb cruise control I do a lot of driving on secondary highways where being able to set it at 55 is very nice. I keep looking down to find I’m ripping along at 80 in my small-town-cop-ticket-magnet. Not good, RJ.

CrazyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura TL MT SH-AWD, CBR 600RR ABS, R1T
I’m torn between:
- 6 1/2 foot bed I felt pretty silly not being able to close the gate on a disc golf basket, required straps. A truck should be able to carry 8 ft lumber without a load extender.
- dumb cruise control I do a lot of driving on secondary highways where being able to set it at 55 is very nice. I keep looking down to find I’m ripping along at 80 in my small-town-cop-ticket-magnet. Not good, RJ.
Agree on #2

SoCalTravels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Nexo, Lexus RX450h
An R1S with the R1T wheelbase…
meaning:
- smoother drive
- more space behind 3rd row
- easier to access 3rd row
- more 2nd and 3rd row space.