Sponsored

Current Rivian owners - What’s one change that would make you happier?

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
Valet mode, with a reduced power to the vehicle, say 50%. Power down button. Kneel mode 1 time button. I do not need it, but my shorter wife does. I find kneel mode annoying for every day use, but if I drive the R1S, next time my wife drives, it is too high for her.

Hillbilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boat and tractor
Occupation
Hillbilly
Define "truck like". My wife and I find the seats darn near perfect and that's after owning Volvos for many years. Curious what you're actually wanting changed.
For real. My other truck is a duramax and it's not nearly as supportive as the R1T (although I do love the option to heat just my lower back only instead of ass and back at the same time).

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
Make adaptive cruise control usable.

Sponsored

logan

First Name
logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Love my truck but it would be nice if driver+ worked better. I've assumed for years my BMW was way behind state of the art but definitely it works much, much better than Rivian. Works literally everywhere and has never turned itself off on me. Rivian does not even work in common places I drive. For SF Bay area folks, no bay bridge, 80 is spotty, and it just gets worse from there. I'll try 680 soon. I hope it is covered. For BMW, it literally worked anywhere including traffic conditions that led to stop and go on random streets.

Otherwise, car play / android auto. Hate having to add an aftermarket hardware solution to add something that should be, imho, built in.

IPTV65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JLU Sahara,Jeep JKU, Infiniti G37X, R1S
Occupation
Engineering Exec
Clubs

Get rid of the animated cars on the center screen and use the real estate for something useful. I have two eyes. I can see every car on that stupid animation already. If ya want to show me something like that show me the cars beside and behind me. I do lack eyes in the back of my head. I just don’t get the purpose of that animation. Does anyone find that useful for something in particular?

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF
its not legal in the US
It wasn't, it is now. Manufacturers now just have to go through the legalities to get theirs approved.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

fix the key fob. its annoying as hell how many times i need to press the lock or unlock button. ive never had a car that has this problem, not sure why Rivian has such a hard time with this simple thing.

Sponsored

md2023

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Clubs

Hard to decide between PAK and all those tocks and noises (not being a former truck owner, I am not sure which of these are 'normal', e.g., squishy suspension sounds).

Last edited:

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Get rid of the animated cars on the center screen and use the real estate for something useful. I have two eyes. I can see every car on that stupid animation already. If ya want to show me something like that show me the cars beside and behind me. I do lack eyes in the back of my head. I just don’t get the purpose of that animation. Does anyone find that useful for something in particular?
The animation has more info if you have lane departure warning and lane keep assist turned on. It becomes useful to see what the truck thought it was seeing when it makes an unexpected adjustment.

sierraskier

First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Earthroamer, Rivian R1T x 2, KTM 300 XCW
1) CarPlay
2) Higher quality cameras

Harvest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Rivian R1T Adventure Forest Green
Occupation
agriculture
I've been very happy with my truck, mine had excellent quality control.

On the wish list, the thing annoying me the most lately has been the lock unlock with the phone, just not consistent. Key fob is better but even it occasionally acts up.

However, if I could only pick one thing to improve it would be the HVAC system, as soon have said, too noisy, but even more than that, the in between times of heating and cooling it really seems like it needs to be reprogramming, very non-intuitive to get it working right, like having to turn the heat setting to 75 F on a 30 degree day to get heat to kick in instead of it turning on at say 70 F.

Joe schmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
Reliable charging infrastructure
This

When I bought my Tesla Model S in 2015, I'd have given the same answer. That car, like the Rivian, had a bunch of minor annoyances that were mostly fixed by OTA updates over the years. It's still in the family, and after eight years the basic driving experience is pretty much the same as when it was brand new.

But.. The charging infrastructure was terrible when I purchased the car. Within 2-3 years it was built out enough that I could use the car for travel. Now, even with the mild degraded original battery range anxiety simply doesn't exist. I can just jump in and go anywhere I want

This isn't the case with the Rivian, in spite of its greater range. If I could push a magic button for -one- change it would be to either add a network as good as the Tesla SC network, or an adapter that would let me use Tesla superchargers.
Sponsored