Sponsored

Current Rivian owners - What’s one change that would make you happier?

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

Android Auto. Frigging Alexa and the current Infotainment is hot garbage. Doesn't do what I tell her to do, frequently does nothing at all, and that traffic display is worthless.

With AA on my old work truck I got accurate maps/navigation/traffic, Microsoft Teams, Pandora, text/SMS messages, Facebook Messenger, weather, SiriusXM, alerts for new messages, "Ok Google" responded 100% of the time, etc. All lacking in an $80k+ truck? C'mon. My 15 year old Chevy with a $700 radio upgrade was leaps & bounds better than the Rivian system. 😦

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
For the tock to be absolutely gone.

It's been serviced three or four times (if you count Mobile) for the tock issue, and its still there. Sure its not as prevalent as it was, but its still annoying. I haven't created another service ticket and instead I've been trying to see when its the worst, and where its exactly coming from. Basically gathering data for when I eventually try again.

It's also not just me, but tons of people have complained about the tock. I can't even imagine how much money Rivian has had to spend due to the tock issue alone. The initial fixes not working, and the service bulletin only being a partial fix.

Last edited:

Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
There is one coming! I think I n Brookfield or Milwaukee. Site has changed a few times.
I can't wait! I will even take them bakery when it happens!!

909phillyman

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian r1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

How about 2nd row captains chairs...AND...cooled 2nd row seats...AND...power folding 3rd row seatbacks in the R1S. I know that's three things, but couldn't help it!

Sponsored

zymolysis

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T [RUS, PTC (upgraded), 20"] 2008 Ford E350
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

A working tonneau cover. It is unacceptable that they are only now testing/demonstrating the (working) powered and manual tonneau covers (which will some day filter down to us owners). I have paid for it. It was a critical to my decision to buy this truck. I have wasted time and money to make a work-around just to get by.

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
What's possible:

1) ability to add more or customize which apps stay displayed as shortcuts on the bottom of the screen. I use my cameras a lot and I hate having to click more, then the app. Would rather be able to pin it as a shortcut in addition to the other apps. Similarly would also be cool to create action shortcuts at the top. Similar to how the garage, hotspot, etc. are shortcuts on the top would also like to add things like open/close hood, etc. that I use frequently.

The things I wish I had that will never happen are

1) an actual on/off button. I have to bring mine in for body repairs in a couple weeks and I'm stressing out about it being left on and draining the battery.

2) I realized while off roading in the desert at ~100 degrees a couple weeks ago how much my family and my life would be in danger if something happened and the electronics stopped working and I couldn't open up the tail gate (with a diy tonneau cover) as all our water was stored in a fridge in the bed. After realizing this i pulled off one of my diy tonneau cover pannels just in case something failed. Really need some sort of keyed/manual open ability for all doors.

In general I'm pretty happy with the features it has.

Last edited:

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, Model Y, Bronco - sold for R1T
Wind noise.
Same here, wind noise. Mine is not the quarter window or anything I've been able to isolate yet with lots and lots and lots of tinkering with tape.