Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

New England is delivered out of the Boston SC… I’d bet Brooklyn delivery radius is something like New Haven to the north, Philly to the south? Is there a Philly SC?
No Philadelphia area SC. All you having covering Northern Virginia through to Maine is DC, Brooklyn and Boston. That is insufficient for the number of customers in those areas.
They need a DE and/or NJ SC like Lucid does. PA is currently not available as it is against the law for a SC to be in the state unfortunately. Upstate NY or PA will be a real pain to deliver to and service.
As said SC or factory pick up would help them a lot. Save time, money and issues.
Sponsored

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
No Philadelphia area SC. All you having covering Northern Virginia through to Maine is DC, Brooklyn and Boston. That is insufficient for the number of customers in those areas.
They need a DE and/or NJ SC like Lucid does. PA is currently not available as it is against the law for a SC to be in the state unfortunately. Upstate NY or PA will be a real pain to deliver to and service.
As said SC or factory pick up would help them a lot. Save time, money and issues.
Northern Virginia and DC have both the Richmond, VA service center an Rockville, MD center, which are doing deliveries.

fallen888

First Name
Kon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure, El Cap/black, power tonneau, 21"
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Yes, concerning, why so many? What's the limiting factor for final delivery to customers?
Maybe they're awaiting or going through quality checks at the service center. Each truck may take a few hours or a few days to go through that process.

Im outside Philly and my guide said my truck will be sent to the Rockville MD delivery center. Its been built but has been sitting at the factory for the past 3 weeks.
Same. I'm in Bucks county and my truck was delivered from Rockville. MD.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Maybe they're awaiting or going through quality checks at the service center. Each truck may take a few hours or a few days to go through that process.

Same. I'm in Bucks county and my truck was delivered from Rockville. MD.
Glad you got your truck. I am in Montgomery county. Quite a distance for them to travel from Rockville to Bucks county - such an expense of time and increasingly diesel.

fallen888

First Name
Kon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure, El Cap/black, power tonneau, 21"
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Glad you got your truck. I am in Montgomery county. Quite a distance for them to travel from Rockville to Bucks county - such an expense of time and increasingly diesel.
The guy who delivered it to my house said they actually unloaded it off a truck at a nearby park and then he drove it to my house. He said they prefer not to go into residential neighborhoods and unload there - tough to maneuver in tight space. So this makes me think they carry more than one truck at a time to an area, and then drop off one at a time. Just a guess though.

Update: Like this...
Rivian R1T R1S Current look at Brooklyn Rivian Service Center's parking lot full of R1T FB_IMG_1653240199844

Rivian R1T R1S Current look at Brooklyn Rivian Service Center's parking lot full of R1T FB_IMG_1653308366598

Last edited:

Sponsored

FringeCarCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T (LE LG FE), 2018 Mercedes E63S AMG Wagon
First time poster, long time lurker. One of those LG trucks is mine— taking delivery in NJ on Monday at 1pm.

I happen to be visiting Rockville MD this weekend and as I was driving down Rockville Pike I saw a LG truck rolling through a parking lot next to the BMW dealer. It turns out that the building next door (which actually looks like it once was a BMW store?) is the secret Rockville SC! I couldn’t catch up to the LG but I did get to take a look at a White truck on a delivery truck and talk to the driver for a moment. It was my first time getting up close to a Rivian and I was impressed. The panel gaps all the way around appeared super even except the charge port door. I only snapped one photo as I was driving away.
Rivian R1T R1S Current look at Brooklyn Rivian Service Center's parking lot full of R1T 8AA7C3B7-75A4-47CA-8FED-C157346FCDFA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cadillac Escalade & Audi Q7
Occupation
IT
Just a guess but maybe it has to do with the recall, they maybe fixing delivered trucks as well as trucks before they go out?
Strongly suspect this is at least part of that backlog. My understanding, based on a recall on my current vehicle between when it finished assembly and was transferred to the dealer, is that the manufacturer cannot deliver a vehicle covered by a recall until it is remediated.

My dealer told me that if the truck had been transferred to the dealer before the recall was issued, they could have delivered it to me and remediated at first oil change. But since it was still in possession of the manufacturer, we had to wait for it to be fixed.

lmr

First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Passat B7, Rivian R1S
Occupation
Technical Product Management
Clubs

In my very humble opinion, they should've chosen a location in NJ instead. The congestion in and around NYC is atrocious. 30 minutes out, say Morristown/Parsippany area, would give them highway access to the entire northeast as well as easy public transportation for NYC customers.
If Rivian had the choice, I am sure they would have, however their options in this area are very limited. Rivian's S-1 filing from last year helps shed light on the why:

... eight states prohibit us, as a manufacturer, from directly or indirectly owning or operating a service center providing warranty service. Those states are Alabama, Louisiana, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and West Virginia.
With respect to service, we are prohibited from providing warranty service from an established location within the eight states identified above. Service for customers residing in those states would be from a mobile unit dispatched from a licensed service location in a nearby state where direct warranty service is allowed or by that customer driving their Rivian vehicle (or having it towed) to a state which allows us to have a physical service location and perform warranty service activities.

ranieri

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90 T8
Occupation
photographer, real estate agent
Wow, didn't realize NJ was on the list. Thanks for the info. I figured there were logistical reasons for the Brooklyn choice, but I am surprised NJ won't allow a service center.

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales

Sponsored

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Land Cruisers, BMW 535&335, MB 300TD, Cayenne
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
i took delivery there last week. They’re definitely open…
Hhhmm, I wonder what other SCs are on line but not published? Value of Co is not only units delivered/produced, but RAN units outfitted and SCs opened IMO.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

No yellow, dammit. :mad:

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Ok, so what do you mean PA isn't allowing Rivian in yet? What does that mean? Cause it looks like my truck is sitting in that lot! Lol. If I pick it up, will they stop me at the border?? I did get an email awhile back stating my ETA is July-Sept but it is not on my account page and have not been contacted yet.
House Bill 1907 from March of 2021 is stalled in committee since Sept 2021 because the clowns in Harrisburg are too busy playing politics trying to get re-elected. My guess is nothing will happen until after the November General election. God forbid they lose votes by changing the law and pissing off the Dealer associations.

Rivian R1T R1S Current look at Brooklyn Rivian Service Center's parking lot full of R1T 1653229226809

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Land Cruisers, BMW 535&335, MB 300TD, Cayenne
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

Hhhmm, I wonder what other SCs are on line but not published? Value of Co is not only units delivered/produced, but RAN units outfitted and SCs opened IMO.
Dallas, for sure, they’ve been doing deliveries out of the Dallas service center for months. Austin is 4 to 6 weeks away from opening
Sponsored