First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T 2022
Occupation
Systems Administrator
That is a lot of trucks sitting and not being delivered.... Maybe this is all of the east coast trucks?

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
Eeks. Feels past the point of healthy and more like port stacked eight high with containers...

Stephe

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
It
That is a lot of trucks sitting and not being delivered.... Maybe this is all of the east coast trucks?
My guess would be pa/nj up to Maine

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Yes, concerning, why so many? What's the limiting factor for final delivery to customers?

Sponsored

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
Yes, concerning, why so many? What's the limiting factor for final delivery to customers?
One can only speculate. Mine is...staffing shortage at the SC...franken trucks awaiting their new brain from the chip people...

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

My guess would be pa/nj up to Maine
Agreed and that is a huge area of the country to cover from one center. They really needed to have a DE or NJ center to help out since PA doesn't`t allow Rivian in yet. Boston opening will help NY since that takes New England but the whole Mid-Atlantic and New England regions are covered by three SC's (Rockville, NY and Boston) which is a ridiculously low number.

JoulesVerne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LE, 2022 Ioniq 5 SEL
I would think there's plenty of orders from the NY metropolitan area to fill that lot. Traffic is so bad in and out of Brooklyn that it wouldn't be my first choice for distribution to anywhere else in the country.

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales

Johny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
06 Corvette Z06, 19 Chevy Volt
Occupation
Electrician
Im outside Philly and my guide said my truck will be sent to the Rockville MD delivery center. Its been built but has been sitting at the factory for the past 3 weeks.

Sponsored

Karen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
64c.impala, 75mgb, 93D.Dakota, 00Jeep,14 QX70,22R1
Clubs

Agreed and that is a huge area of the country to cover from one center. They really needed to have a DE or NJ center to help out since PA doesn't`t allow Rivian in yet. Boston opening will help NY since that takes New England but the whole Mid-Atlantic and New England regions are covered by three SC's (Rockville, NY and Boston) which is a ridiculously low number.
Ok, so what do you mean PA isn't allowing Rivian in yet? What does that mean? Cause it looks like my truck is sitting in that lot! Lol. If I pick it up, will they stop me at the border?? I did get an email awhile back stating my ETA is July-Sept but it is not on my account page and have not been contacted yet.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
There are SCs on the east coast beyond NYC. But NYC does serve New England so yes 15 million people serviced from this location, how many bought an R1T? I hope a lot.
Sadly my FG R1T Adventure is not on that lot because I'm an OC interior holdout :(

Agree with the poster mentioning Brooklyn is not a choice SC location... I live 49 mi from there, but depending on just dumb traffic luck, it could be a 3+ hr drive for me to get there. As soon as you get within 20 mi of Manhattan traffic sucks during business hours.

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
More new vehicles than most dealers have on their lots these days.

I think we're seeing a backlog of deliveries based on available delivery staff, prep-staff, guides, etc. I think this is why the email went out this week about adding online functionality to confirm configurations, etc. I also think they're finding the sales completion and delivery process requires more people and time than anticipated.

I think it's a great sign to see this many vehicles at one service center. I'd be curious to see what Rivian has hiding at their Rockville, MD facility (where the vehicles are stored in a private parking garage).

IThinkFreely

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S, Bronco Badlands
I was there April 5th and it was similarly packed. I had my First Mile drive in NJ a couple of weeks ago and they come from Brooklyn. Incredibly inefficient.
Sponsored