Sponsored

Current Finance Offerings from Rivian (via Scotiabank)

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Still just the one customer service person for all of canada, hmmmm?

wristybusiness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model X
Pretty ā€˜adventurousā€™ to borrow at that rate to fund a vehicle at this price for most Canadians

alisdair1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Holy SHITE, those rates! Hopefully I can get better by being an existing Scotia customer and having an 'excellent' credit score. Otherwise going to have to potentially wait until BoC drops rates...

FWIW - Prime lending rate for Scotia is currently 5.95%

Last edited:

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
JFC, if someone needs 96 months to buy a vehicle they are buying way too much vehicle.

Reactions: Guy

Sponsored

alisdair1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
JFC, if someone needs 96 months to buy a vehicle they are buying way too much vehicle.
Generally I agree, however not everyone has 100k at the ready to blow on a new vehicle. Especially in Vancouver...

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
Generally I agree, however not everyone has 100k at the ready to blow on a new vehicle. Especially in Vancouver...
then they should buy something they can afford. >36 months at 7 % is not a smart financial move IMHO.

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
Yikes those rates. Is that what other new car rates are these days from other brands that don't discount rates? I know the 0%, 1 or 2% rates were mostly the brand paying the bank the difference. But are the other ones that high too??

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Yikes those rates. Is that what other new car rates are these days from other brands that don't discount rates? I know the 0%, 1 or 2% rates were mostly the brand paying the bank the difference. But are the other ones that high too??
It is in line with the market rates right now, considering where interest rates are.

My Tesla finance through Scotia is 6% but from June.
Ford is about 7% for the Mach-E, Polestar is about 7% as well.

Sponsored

cbrcanuck

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Great info, thanks. Really helps for planning. Some institutions have EV preferred rates, will do some shopping around for whatever balance I finance.

OP
OP

1SikhRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Great info, thanks. Really helps for planning. Some institutions have EV preferred rates, will do some shopping around for whatever balance I finance.
let me know if you find anything decent, Iā€™m fine with the above rates, itā€™s still on par with my calculations vs a 65k+ ICE truck in terms of whatā€™s the better buy, but if thereā€™s better options Iā€™m all ears.

cbrcanuck

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
let me know if you find anything decent, Iā€™m fine with the above rates, itā€™s still on par with my calculations vs a 65k+ ICE truck in terms of whatā€™s the better buy, but if thereā€™s better options Iā€™m all ears.
Vancity is prime plus 1%, so a bit better. Will be hard to beat that, I expect. Still makes for pretty darn high financing costs. I foresee many configuration changes to delay orders...
Sponsored