Credit/discount for waiting?

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
i cannot remember when I suggested in this forum that it would be cool if Rivian would convert our deposit into stock options….they did better by giving us access to DSP’s——-very cool!

i know some of us have been waiting a long time for delivery.

wouldn’t it be cool to get a $1,000 credit per year we have waited towards an option?

we know Rivian monitors this lforum….maybe they do something with this idea at some level….

?thoughts?
Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
They haven't raised prices (yet)... so I already feel like we're receiving a discount.

slawwach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace, Hyundai Santa Cruz
To answer your question. Yes it would be cool :)

I do not think this will happen though. I expect something quite the opposite - that they will rise the price before starting some real deliveries in higher volumes.

Sponsored

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
The first 18-24 months or so doesn't really count, because you were always going to be waiting that time (initial guidance was mid-late 2020 for R1T and late 2020-early 2021 for R1S). The longest anyone has really been "waiting" is about 12-18 months as of today. This is why I don't have much sympathy for the proud "2018ers", they haven't really been waiting any longer than I have as a Jan 2020 order. I'll get some fist shaking, but it's true.

Regardless, no you aren't getting a discount. Prices are the same as when they announced in 2018 despite inflation, and we should all be paying about $10k more than we are, be happy with that.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

They haven't raised prices (yet)... so I already feel like we're receiving a discount.
I'll be happy as long as the price doesn't go up. It's already priced at a great value compared to the competition and no further discounts are warranted.

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
OP
OP
Lmirafuente

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
When demand far outstrips supply don’t expect a discount. Instead worry about Tesla style price hikes.
I can see this point of view. I do not believe Rivian is a follower or wants to be Tesla-like.

Yes demand is increasing and we have also heard attrition in this forum.

Rivian is building their brand and this would be another differentiator. Investing in the early adopters would be their best salespeople. That simple investment with customers would have a strong ROI.

Sponsored

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

I think they have already given us credits for being long term supporters by not announcing pricing increases. They have effectively held the price to pretty much the same amount since they launched the configurator in 2020. I want to see Rivian be successful and not race to the bottom of building discount EVs.

Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, VW ID.4, R1S on preorder
Clubs

I can see this point of view. I do not believe Rivian is a follower or wants to be Tesla-like.
Rivian is definitely watching Tesla and following its playbook.
- limited in cabin controls outside of the big screen, check
- direct to consumer approach with no dealers, check
- making your own ui and not supporting carplay/aa, check
- pushing out big performance numbers that 90% of your consumers don't need / won't use, check
- making a high priced product first before moving down market to increase volume, check

I am sure you can add 100 other things to this list. Pretty much the only way Rivian is not following Tesla is by not having an insane CEO. I fully expect price hikes on R1 reservations, the only question to me is if they grandfather existing reservation holders in to the old price when they do so. I am hoping for being grandfathered in, but holding out hope for a lower price / added discounts is more optimism than I can produce.

OP
OP
Lmirafuente

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
I think they have already given us credits for being long term supporters by not announcing pricing increases. They have effectively held the price to pretty much the same amount since they launched the configurator in 2020. I want to see Rivian be successful and not race to the bottom of building discount EVs.
I agree!

I would ask how many DSP participants have already shared that with friends?…. I have…

also when they made the option for the off-road package , to your point, they did not change the base price and it did not change the cost of the LE.