Sponsored

Credit card with cashback bonus for EV charging?

jimmyPb55

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T and a Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Retired
hmm, I checked my Costco card and noticed I have not received the 4% from RAN, Electrify America, and charge point..... haven't used any of the other charge stations. . The fine print on the Costco card says Eligible EV charges. So far I have not found an eligble EV charge. that gives me 4%.
Sponsored

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
hmm, I checked my Costco card and noticed I have not received the 4% from RAN, Electrify America, and charge point..... haven't used any of the other charge stations. . The fine print on the Costco card says Eligible EV charges. So far I have not found an eligble EV charge. that gives me 4%.
I just checked my statement and I saw the the 4%. It’s on the right side of the statement.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird

zymolysis

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T [RUS, PTC (upgraded), 20"] 2008 Ford E350
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

jimmyPb55

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
So I have the 4% window on the Citicard website. IT does not show any of the three EV chargers I used as getting 4% rebate, RAN Electrify America nor Chargepoint. I would have to assume that these chargers are not eligible for the 4% rebate, unless I am doing something wrong….Many of the Gas Stations I went to when I had an ICE were eligible and I saw charges for these show up in my account. Might switch from the Costco….

Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
So I have the 4% window on the Citicard website. IT does not show any of the three EV chargers I used as getting 4% rebate, RAN Electrify America nor Chargepoint. I would have to assume that these chargers are not eligible for the 4% rebate, unless I am doing something wrong….Many of the Gas Stations I went to when I had an ICE were eligible and I saw charges for these show up in my account. Might switch from the Costco….
Are you taping your CC at Chargepoint or have the card linked to your account? I have it linked to my CP account. I haven’t used RAN

popoga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG R1T, '18 Impreza, '10 Triumph Bonneville
Occupation
Potato Farmer
Clubs

"assets under management"

I would not open a managed account with them just for the card but we've found it to be a functional perk.
I've got a nice little bit with Fidelity but nothing managed, how do you find the experience? In general I've disliked almost all active management folks I've talked to/worked with :/

Seems dumb to get baited into paying 1% of my brokerage in fees every year for an additional 1% cash back but man 3 is a juicy number for a fallback card.

jimmyPb55

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Are you taping your CC at Chargepoint or have the card linked to your account? I have it linked to my CP account. I haven’t used RAN
I am tapping my card, and in the case of RAN it is stored on the Rivian home page.....

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
I am tapping my card, and in the case of RAN it is stored on the Rivian home page.....
I’d try calling Citi to resolve

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

Forgive me, what's an AUM? Is that like a spending minimum? If so what are we talking amount? If you don't want to share it in the open could you PM it to me please? I think this card might be something worth looking into for me.

Rivian R1T R1S Credit card with cashback bonus for EV charging? IMG_1418

Sponsored

Mobius1

First Name
Asim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR; Ford Fusion Energi
Occupation
Technology
I bank at Logix FCU in SoCal and if you have a relationship balance with them of over 100k, their credit card gives 3% on all purchases. This includes loan balances. Other banks may offer similar programs. Never considered the Costco card, will try next time I use EA or RAN.

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
IF you had your wish, what would be the best EV card?

OP
OP
Count Orlok

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
I've got a nice little bit with Fidelity but nothing managed, how do you find the experience? In general I've disliked almost all active management folks I've talked to/worked with :/

Seems dumb to get baited into paying 1% of my brokerage in fees every year for an additional 1% cash back but man 3 is a juicy number for a fallback card.
the management of the funds has been good and saves us some headache. The tax loss harvesting has really paid off the past few years. I would not, however, pay AUM fees just to get another 1% cashback. I also would not pay AUM fees if I was still in the "accumulation" phase of life.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

FWIW, Discover just announced that for Q2 2024 they're doing 5% back on public EV charging (as well as gas stations, home improvement stores, and public transit).
Sponsored