Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
I'm confused... where is the onslaught?
Sponsored

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Land Cruisers, BMW 535&335, MB 300TD, Cayenne
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

And, in full transparency, I do have my truck. VIN is in the mid 2xxx, my tonneau works, and I would 1,000% buy it again given the opportunity.
I do have my truck, VIN is 4646, my tonneau has broken twice, and I would 1,000% buy it again given the opportunity. (And have ordered an R1S for my wife)

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
I'm confused... where is the onslaught?
There was most definitely some negativity lately in the Amy Mast, "Membership", and the Cost Cutting threads, but I wouldn't call that an onslaught. There are a ton of people on here involved in a nuanced conversation. That either doesn't come through or some folks can't be bothered to see it.

For instance, I think the camp speaker is dumb, the wireless charger is a POS, and my tonneau cover is likely going to break. I love my truck though.

I also think that Rivian Communication are generally terrible, their so-called "Membership" was a both WAY underbaked and overhyped, and their decisions regarding dropped features like the 180 degree tailgate and back-billing towing to be very disappointing. I am own a few hundred shares of Rivian so I understand (and kind of support) the decision on each of them.

We live in a world colored with shades of grey.

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Seeing a Kia Telluride listed next to a Porsche 911 for ā€˜most satisfyingā€™ is really blowing my mindšŸ¤Æ
People driving a Telliride have more than likely never driven a 911. But people I know that have Tellurideā€™s and didnā€™t paid an additional $20k in dealer mark up, love them. 911ā€™s are just iconic. Would love to have one, just no time for one right now.

strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy SS, Ford Bronco, Ram Rebel, Ford Flex, G8
So far amazing, incredible that this is a vehicle from a ā€œnewā€ company.

Sponsored

Rivdog

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Iā€™m not saying the gripes people have are insignificant, but basically every car on the market could be nitpicked like crazy. We have a choice whether to enjoy our Rivians, and Iā€™m enjoying the heck out of mine despite the flaws.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
People driving a Telliride have more than likely never driven a 911. But people I know that have Tellurideā€™s and didnā€™t paid an additional $20k in dealer mark up, love them. 911ā€™s are just iconic. Would love to have one, just no time for one right now.
Tellurides are extremely popular around here. Almost the new Subaru. Probably would be even more so if Kia could control their dealers from doing what you described. I sure would like to give that #1 Corvette and the 911 a try though!

Rivian635

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, Acura MDX Hybrid, Honda CRV
100% agree. Vin 8xxx. 11,000 miles, and no issues except the muscle cramps in my face from smiling so hard for the past 6 months.
Hey Budman - Any issues with Power Tonneau?? If so, Was the MN Service Center able to repair?

dtb369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
100% agree with this thread! Have a 2,XXX vin with about 8k miles that I got in May last year. Even had one major issue that required the truck to be in the shop for a month (computer part failed and both screens stopped working). Even with that major issue I was given a Rivian loaner and it felt like all was normal. Absolutely love my truck, works perfect for my young family, and would buy it again in a heart beat!

jbronkoR1T

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure
Occupation
Music&Tech
Very happy with my R1T. 2 months in, 1500 miles. No charging issues the few times Iā€™ve needed it on the road. No tonneau but Iā€™m sure I will get theirs or a 3rd party one by spring. Vampire drain is excessive, hopefully it improves with software updates. Still waiting for the current update. But very happy overall.

Sponsored

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T MB/BM, 2023 Tesla model X.
Occupation
MD
VIN in the 9xxx, cover is working, very small issues that I have not even bothered to bring up to the company. I absolutely love this truck and still feel the excitement when driving around! (I have to give credit to my wife for the picture!)
Rivian R1T R1S Counterpoint to the onslaught of negative points A786C858-1492-468D-BC1F-C336619E9A85

Jack Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette Z06, Cherokee, Nissan Titan, BMW 1200GSA
Itā€™s not your grandfatherā€™ Kia :cool: (satire)

Seems the Telluride getā€™s good grades these days. and thatā€™s coming from both a Porsche and a Rivian owner.
Had a ride in a Kia Telluride, as a passenger using Uber Black. Itā€™s a really nice SUV. More refined than a Grand Cherokee and way less expensive. Arguably best value in the ICE SUV market

Rblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Iā€™m very glad to hear all these good stories now. During last 3 years, I pictured myself being super excited when Iā€™m 4 days away from getting my R1S but rather anxiety superseded the excitement.

Awesome, thanks guys!
Vin 12,xxx here

Almost 6k miles, driven it on a week long road trip
working tonneau, for now

Even with some issues Iā€™ve had replaced front drive unit, small things here and there. Easily the best vehicle Iā€™ve ever owned. On top of that Denver Service Center has been great to work with when the truck has had issues.

if you have the money and are ok with being an early adopter, Acknowledging the joy (and pains) that can come with itā€¦ my vote would be to stick with the plan.

I had a similar anxiety to yours a few days before taking delivery.

I would buy our R1T again, 1000%

Budman

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV
Clubs

Hey Budman - Any issues with Power Tonneau?? If so, Was the MN Service Center able to repair?
Tonneau has worked fine but Iā€™ve used it sparingly. Only visit to the MN service center was to get the key fob reprogrammed as it didnā€™t work at delivery. And a visit for tire rotation at 9000 miles.

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
yeah I have a vin in the 4xxx, my tonneau works and have had no significant issues. Also love my truck.

I think it's just the reality that forums are for posting problems, solutions and sadly... frustration.

So it's always going to be heavily weighted towards complaints rather than people posting "another day where my truck was awesome. I'll check in again tomorrow".
I only had my R1s for two hours. But it was SO AWESOME. Driver assist on one of the worst highways in the country had me giggling as I tapped the wheel with my thigh. Conserve made me want to juice out range (still going 0-60 in like 4-5 seconds). And sport and stiff at the drop of a finger to a button, well, wow.

My whiny brother was in the back seat and he loved the ride back there. So all the people crapping on the S ride, keep that in mind. Thanks.
Sponsored