First Name
Jef
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 LR, Rivian R1T on order
Occupation
Director, Design and Video
It's easy to read these forums and think that the trucks are riddled with issues and that it's a huge risk to buy one. For those on the fence who read these posts in terror and wonder if you're making a huge mistake, I thought I'd share that Consumer Reports just released their survey results for the Most Satisfying Vehicles as decided by owners, and the R1T scored very highly.

Yes, they're new vehicles from a new manufacturer and some have issues. But you're always going to get a skewed view of satisfaction on forums and the like as people are always more likely to take the time to complain rather than to compliment (Business 101).

And, in full transparency, I do have my truck. VIN is in the mid 2xxx, my tonneau works, and I would 1,000% buy it again given the opportunity.

Not saying the issues folks here are having aren't real, just saying that they're not as prevalent as it might seem.

Rivian R1T R1S Counterpoint to the onslaught of negative points Screen Shot 2023-02-02 at 9.37.14 AM
Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
yeah I have a vin in the 4xxx, my tonneau works and have had no significant issues. Also love my truck.

I think it's just the reality that forums are for posting problems, solutions and sadly... frustration.

So it's always going to be heavily weighted towards complaints rather than people posting "another day where my truck was awesome. I'll check in again tomorrow".

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
R1T Vin in the 16,xxx range 2022 model, and I love the truck. No significant issues. Highly satisfied.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Seeing a Kia Telluride listed next to a Porsche 911 for ‘most satisfying’ is really blowing my mind🤯

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

The biggest surprise in this list is that I seem to be overlooking something about the Kia Telluride.
Probably starting price.

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Seeing a Kia Telluride listed next to a Porsche 911 for ‘most satisfying’ is really blowing my mind🤯
It’s not your grandfather’ Kia :cool: (satire)

Seems the Telluride get’s good grades these days. and that’s coming from both a Porsche and a Rivian owner.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
It's easy to read these forums and think that the trucks are riddled with issues and that it's a huge risk to buy one. For those on the fence who read these posts in terror and wonder if you're making a huge mistake, I thought I'd share that Consumer Reports just released their survey results for the Most Satisfying Vehicles as decided by owners, and the R1T scored very highly.

Yes, they're new vehicles from a new manufacturer and some have issues. But you're always going to get a skewed view of satisfaction on forums and the like as people are always more likely to take the time to complain rather than to compliment (Business 101).

And, in full transparency, I do have my truck. VIN is in the mid 2xxx, my tonneau works, and I would 1,000% buy it again given the opportunity.

Not saying the issues folks here are having aren't real, just saying that they're not as prevalent as it might seem.

Screen Shot 2023-02-02 at 9.37.14 AM.png
100% agree, only had my R1S for a week, half way home with 2600 miles on it. NN00166x no issues, build quality is decent, I am not very particular so had a couple of friends look it over with more critical eyes and they gave it a pass rating as well.

If anyone has concerns about the negativity on the forums just remember, that is the nature of the beast and not necessarily a good indicator of the real world.

I actually had some reservations about picking the R1S up at the factory and driving home to SoCal from Normal, IL via Boston and the Florida Panhandle but 2600 miles in and loving this R1S. Also smooth sailing through 17 Electrify America stations. I’ll try to provide a full post once I get home end of next week, should have close to 5k on it by then.

One other note, seems like a lot of the choppy suspension has smoothed out over the miles. Not sure if I am used to it or if it just needed to break-in but feels much better now than the first 200 miles.

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
I have two of of the top 3 of those vehicles listed as most satisfying, the 911 as the occasional thrills and the R1T as the daily thrills - complete satisfaction going from one to the other. I got compliments wherever I go. They tell me it's the most beautiful truck on the road.

Sponsored

kyunam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 LS 400, 2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
not sure what I'm doing
Clubs

I’m very glad to hear all these good stories now. During last 3 years, I pictured myself being super excited when I’m 4 days away from getting my R1S but rather anxiety superseded the excitement.

Awesome, thanks guys!

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
It’s not your grandfather’ Kia :cool: (satire)

Seems the Telluride get’s good grades these days. and that’s coming from both a Porsche and a Rivian owner.
I knew they were getting great reviews and I think they designed a pretty handsome SUV. I guess “satisfying” can mean different things to different people. It could be a combination of comfort and utility, or straight up speed and driving enjoyment. Good for Kia. And good for Rivian!

SDH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE; Jeep Rubicon
Echo those before me and seems like a timely post given recent news.

I got my LE R1T in December and had so many compliments from various folks. I absolutely love the car and would even buy it again at $90k. The cabin is a nice place to be; comfy seats, great viz, awesome sound system and just a nice car to drive. So far faultless (knock on wood). If you're reservation holder, just hang in there, it'll be worth the wait. You might even find that the truck you get has some of the small kinks ironed out.