First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Chevrolet Avalanche
Occupation
Lab Tech
When you look at like this it's not that far away and we still need more information before the launch.

OP
OP
mkennedy1996

mkennedy1996

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model X, Model Y
When you look at like this it's not that far away and we still need more information before the launch.
It will all come together over the coming months. I have spoken to RJ on several occasions and he is not a fly by the seat of your pants kind of guy. Covid has thrown a wrench into their plans to hold events, but they will get into the cars in the next few months.

To give you some context, I had to put a $40,000 deposit down three years in advance of the delivery of my first Model X. I did get to briefly ride in one three months before delivery, but never had a chance to drive one. And that was with no Covid.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
To give you some context, I had to put a $40,000 deposit down three years in advance of the delivery of my first Model X. I did get to briefly ride in one three months before delivery, but never had a chance to drive one. And that was with no Covid.
$40k deposit? Why so much? Was that required?

OP
OP
mkennedy1996

mkennedy1996

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model X, Model Y
$40k deposit? Why so much? Was that required?
Yes, to reserve a Signature Model X, you had to put $40k down. We received the 3rd Signature X delivered in back in December 2015. We love the Model X, but I really believe we are going to love the R1S even more!

My wife reminds me all the time that we should have put the $40k into Tesla stock instead. I try not to do the math on the current value of that scenario.

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
My wife reminds me all the time that we should have put the $40k into Tesla stock instead. I try not to do the math on the current value of that scenario.
I think you can say that about any automotive stock -- even the ones that have been stagnant. Cars are depreciation liabilities.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
I have spoken to RJ on several occasions and he is not a fly by the seat of your pants kind of guy.
He better learn! I think he is in for a wild ride. A certain level of "fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants'edness" is required to bring this home in anywhere near the stated timeframe. A fully calculated controlled launch of this magnitude would take triple the time till expected deliveries.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer

MisterTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
There is a site somewhere that shows you how much you'd have if instead of buying an Apple product, you put the same amount into Apple's stock at the time. Some of the numbers are absolutely nuts.

Jsidell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T
This Just In: 'Rivian to give all Preorder holders 10 shares if you've never guessed Forest Green is Launch Green!"

..... kidding ;)
Sponsored