Coolers in bed - Yeti Roadie 24 fits under tonneau cover

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
For your consumption. This is a Yeti Roadie 24. Bought because it fits wife's wine bottle standing up. Barely, just barely fits under tonneau cover, so much so that cover rests on the cooler. Other cooler fit "questions" or ideas? I have a Pelican 70Qt and an Igloo Trailmate on wheels - not a chance these fit under tonneau.

Rivian R1T R1S Coolers in bed - Yeti Roadie 24 fits under tonneau cover IMG_20220615_174146
Sponsored

chrismc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
The Cascade Mountain Tech 45qt cooler fits like a glove under the tonneau. I hadnā€™t heard of the brand before but when I researched it I found favorable comparisons to more expensive Yeti and Pelican coolers, and I found a good deal on it at Costco (they currently only have the larger 80qt model in stock). So far, Iā€™m impressed. It is bomber solid quality, and ice packs last forever and keep the food and drinks cold.

https://cascademountaintech.com/products/roto-molded-cooler-45-quart-white?variant=8709265719385

OP
OP
Dirty_B

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
The Cascade Mountain Tech 45qt cooler fits like a glove under the tonneau. I hadnā€™t heard of the brand before but when I researched it I found favorable comparisons to more expensive Yeti and Pelican coolers, and I found a good deal on it at Costco (they currently only have the larger 80qt model in stock). So far, Iā€™m impressed. It is bomber solid quality, and ice packs last forever and keep the food and drinks cold.

https://cascademountaintech.com/products/roto-molded-cooler-45-quart-white?variant=8709265719385
Looks like a beast and man do I need something bigger that fits under tonneau. Any idea where the are made? Couldn't find on website.

chrismc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
Looks like a beast and man do I need something bigger that fits under tonneau. Any idea where the are made? Couldn't find on website.
Iā€™m sure theyā€™re made overseas like most things these days, but the company is HQā€™ed in Snoqualmie, WA just outside of here in Seattle in the foothills of the Cascade mountains. An interesting tidbitā€¦ our local zoo in Seattle, Woodland Park Zoo, has 2 grizzlies and has established a bear-proof testing program for outdoor gear manufacturers and these coolers were tested there and passed!

zonehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
200 Series Land Cruiser, R1T Adventure FG (Sold)
It fits, but barely. Given how many failures we've seen of the tonneau cover, i'd be nervous one bump in the road could cause the cover to unseat or jam from the cooler bouncing up into it.

Sponsored

EMcritDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Tucson
https://a.co/d/7wjF1Or

Igloo max cold 70 qt fits perfectly with about 1/2 " to spare. Much cheaper and holds more then the yeti style (not roto-molded). Since i dont need 10 days on my cooler and 5 days is long enough before re-icing it works well for our family.

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Bought because it fits wife's wine bottle standing up.
Now Iā€™ll need to buy one whenever I get my R1T for my wife - for that exact reason.

I blame you. šŸ˜‚

kneebuster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Hyundai Tucson Plug-in Hybrid
Occupation
Professor
Cordova 48qt fits great, and it's "proudly hand crafted in Idaho, USA"

Rivian R1T R1S Coolers in bed - Yeti Roadie 24 fits under tonneau cover IMG_20220515_135931

Christopher

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

For your consumption. This is a Yeti Roadie 24. Bought because it fits wife's wine bottle standing up. Barely, just barely fits under tonneau cover, so much so that cover rests on the cooler. Other cooler fit "questions" or ideas? I have a Pelican 70Qt and an Igloo Trailmate on wheels - not a chance these fit under tonneau.

IMG_20220615_174146.jpg
I have this same yeti cooler and could not get it to fit. Maybe my spare tire cover is not as pushed down as yours. I needed about another 1/2 in.

I ended up buying a Yeti Tundra 65 which fits well. Anything larger that Yeti makes won't fit. The Yeti Tundra Haul also did not fit.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
I have this same yeti cooler and could not get it to fit. Maybe my spare tire cover is not as pushed down as yours. I needed about another 1/2 in.

I ended up buying a Yeti Tundra 65 which fits well. Anything larger that Yeti makes won't fit. The Yeti Tundra Haul also did not fit.
Looks like the OP has the feet in the recesses of the bed. Maybe that is all that is needed to make it fit? Wish my Haul would fit, but there is no chance of that. Already ordered a Tundra 65 that "just so happens" to be red to match the truck...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dirty_B

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales

It only fit because I put the rubber feet between the humps of the bed floor...check where your rubber feet land on the bed.

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Bumping this thread..can you tell me how long food/meat stays cold in this cooler? Thanks

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Ioniq 5, ā€˜78 Jeep Wagoneer
Cordova 48qt fits great, and it's "proudly hand crafted in Idaho, USA"

IMG_20220515_135931.jpg
Love our Cordova with its build quality, reasonable price for roto, built in bottle cap opener.

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Posting as a placeholder for when I get home.

I have coolers that just fit snugly and keep everything cold for a few days! I use them on hunting trips to Idaho from SoCal.