DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Agree. Maybe this is for the second life application they talked about in partnership with the Honnold Foundation..
That makes sense, especially after recently revisiting some of the info about the Honnold Foundation. Having not joined this Forum until a few months ago, I'm not certain I've ever seen the first page of posts here. In going back to the beginning, I see that the Electric Adventure Trademark includes "non-electric vegetable peelers". OK, now it's game on for the Camp Kitchen!
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Wtf. You can patent and ornamental design?
Don’t want anybody copying them and cutting into their huge wheel upgrade margins by selling them closer to what they actually cost to make!

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Don’t want anybody copying them and cutting into their huge wheel upgrade margins by selling them closer to what they actually cost to make!
I'm just so used to utility patents that I forgot ornamental patents were a thing!

Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
One of the plethora of items included in the list
"pre-designed vinyl vehicle wraps specially adapted for vehicles"
Maybe a sign that we will be able to get the cool El Cap wrap done at a service center in the future

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

First of all, it feels like "Forever" started two and a half years ago tomorrow.

Buried in the first 18-mile long run-on sentence called "Goods and Services" were these two items:

"custom leather interiors for vehicles"
Rivian R1T R1S Cool Rivian Patent/TradeMark Info 20210517_095811

and a separate entry for "bicycles", specifically, right at the end of an entry that reads "electric vehicles, namely cars, truck and SUVs; bicycles;...."

Rivian R1T R1S Cool Rivian Patent/TradeMark Info 20210517_100133

I'd guess the first entry leaves open the door for real leather interiors somewhere down the road, once all the vegan cows are gone, but does the second entry mean Rivian is thinking of coming out with bicycles, maybe including electric bicycles, sometime in the future? I realize the "electric vehicles" entry and bicycles is separated by a semi-colon, so maybe not part of the "electric vehicles" list, but interesting nonetheless.

It was also nice to see in the very last "Goods and Services" entry: "emergency roadside assistance services, namely towing, winch- out and key delivery services". I love seeing "winch-out" listed in their services!
Rivian R1T R1S Cool Rivian Patent/TradeMark Info 20210517_102432

The best news for me about this print out is that I may have finally found a cure for my insomnia. I've already had three cups of coffee this morning and I still fell asleep twice while reading this. Hallelujah! This will be so much less troublesome than sleep driving while taking Ambien! ??

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

The best news for me about this print out is that I may have finally found a cure for my insomnia. I've already had three cups of coffee this morning and I still fell asleep twice while reading this. Hallelujah! This will be so much less troublesome than sleep driving while taking Ambien! ??
Rivian R1T R1S Cool Rivian Patent/TradeMark Info 328

@DuckTruck with Driver+ while on Ambien

Sponsored

Amdolan

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Durango
First of all, it feels like "Forever" started two and a half years ago tomorrow.

Buried in the first 18-mile long run-on sentence called "Goods and Services" were these two items:

"custom leather interiors for vehicles"
20210517_095811.jpg

and a separate entry for "bicycles", specifically, right at the end of an entry that reads "electric vehicles, namely cars, truck and SUVs; bicycles;...."

20210517_100133.jpg

I'd guess the first entry leaves open the door for real leather interiors somewhere down the road, once all the vegan cows are gone, but does the second entry mean Rivian is thinking of coming out with bicycles, maybe including electric bicycles, sometime in the future? I realize the "electric vehicles" entry and bicycles is separated by a semi-colon, so maybe not part of the "electric vehicles" list, but interesting nonetheless.

It was also nice to see in the very last "Goods and Services" entry: "emergency roadside assistance services, namely towing, winch- out and key delivery services". I love seeing "winch-out" listed in their services!
20210517_102432.jpg

With patents and trademarks it’s not always what the company that holds it want to do with it, but more so what they want to prevent others from doing with it.

Eager2own

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Rivian R1T LE
With patents and trademarks it’s not always what the company that holds it want to do with it, but more so what they want to prevent others from doing with it.
Absolutely true for patents — a little bit less so for trademarks. With trademarks, one does have to prove use in commerce for the listed goods. Although one can file intent-to-use applications for trademarks, one must still eventually prove use in commerce or abandon.
It is true with patents. One can file without even intending ever to practice the invention but merely to block others or license or “troll” others.

Amdolan

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Durango
Absolutely true for patents — a little bit less so for trademarks. With trademarks, one does have to prove use in commerce for the listed goods. Although one can file intent-to-use applications for trademarks, one must still eventually prove use in commerce or abandon.
It is true with patents. One can file without even intending ever to practice the invention but merely to block others or license or “troll” others.
Thanks for the clarification! I thought it was the same with trademarks, but alas I am an engineer, not an attorney, nor do I play one on tv :)

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Thanks for the clarification! I thought it was the same with trademarks, but alas I am an engineer, not an attorney, nor do I play one on tv :)
I think with my ability at crafting long, nonsensical sentences and statements, my parents should have encouraged me to go in to practicing law. No need to state your agreement with my observation and self-assessment..... ?

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

https://trademarks.justia.com/907/31/rivian-remote-90731870.html

Rivian R1T R1S Cool Rivian Patent/TradeMark Info 1622521840221

Providing maintenance and repair services for vehicles; vehicle repair consultation; vehicle maintenance consultation; vehicle repair and maintenance; fleet management services in the nature of maintenance of fleet vehicles; emergency roadside assistance services, namely, responding to calls for roadside assistance, flat tire changing, emergency battery charging
Sponsored