Sponsored

Consumer Advisory Panel

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I sent an email to CS (I'm sure they are overwhelmed and probably don't care what I think) recommending that Rivian implement a Consumer Advisory Panel for things like this to better understand sentiment among customers. My employer (a software company) does this and it helps by providing a data point for decision making.

Hopefully Rivian is a small enough company at this point that it can reach an appropriate level for consideration (probably not LOL). I suggested a representative group bound by NDA compensated with swag or something to speak on behalf of the greater Rivian community so that they can avoid future pitfalls like this (or at least be better prepared).
Sponsored

lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
This sounds like a great idea.

As a bonus they could even get team baseball caps that say "CAP" on them.

Rivian R1T R1S Consumer Advisory Panel 1646331410853

Last edited:

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
It’s a great idea. And based on the last couple days they clearly need the help.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
They need this. I would certainly volunteer for free (well, maybe a piece of swag). The thing is, RJ did those consumer focus meetings a while back that @DuckTruck was part of. I was hoping Rivian would have continued that. They could have certainly avoided a ton of pain. And just perhaps, just perhaps, learned a year ago that it would be OK with consumers to have increased the price 5% - 7% a year ago.....

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
They need this. I would certainly volunteer for free (well, maybe a piece of swag). The thing is, RJ did those consumer focus meetings a while back that @DuckTruck was part of. I was hoping Rivian would have continued that. They could have certainly avoided a ton of pain. And just perhaps, just perhaps, learned a year ago that it would be OK with consumers to have increased the price 5% - 7% a year ago.....
Although if the culture was/ is as bad as it sounded in Laura Schwab’s lawsuit, it doesn’t sound like the kind of place where ideas and constructive criticism flow freely. The idea to hammer everyone like that started somewhere…

Sponsored

MoreTrout

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN
I was having almost the exact same thought. Doing a little research on other off road BEV upcoming options, I was interested in the approach they are taking with the RAM 1500. They deliberately avoided putting out anything more than one of those hazy concept graphics. They plan to spend the next 12 months utilizing focus groups and input from the masses on what they really want and need before even committing to any specific product that they as of now plan to offer in 2024. Interesting approach.
My preorder is coming up on my 2 year anniversary. Not once has Rivian asked me a single question and I'm not aware of seeing a single post on the forums about anyone being asked to complete any kind of survey. They could have saved themselves an incredible amount of embarassment in this latest debacle simply by doing a little market research on the thousands of us that have been sitting around for the last 1-3 years. Oh, I don't know, a simple multiple choice question like what your response would be to a x%, y%, Z% price increase. A) I'm still in. B) Maybe. C) Go suck it. You would think they would have someone with some kind of background in market research. I mean come on. There has been far more market research conducted in these forum posts than the company has bothered to do.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
I was having almost the exact same thought. Doing a little research on other off road BEV upcoming options, I was interested in the approach they are taking with the RAM 1500. They deliberately avoided putting out anything more than one of those hazy concept graphics. They plan to spend the next 12 months utilizing focus groups and input from the masses on what they really want and need before even committing to any specific product that they as of now plan to offer in 2024. Interesting approach.
My preorder is coming up on my 2 year anniversary. Not once has Rivian asked me a single question and I'm not aware of seeing a single post on the forums about anyone being asked to complete any kind of survey. They could have saved themselves an incredible amount of embarassment in this latest debacle simply by doing a little market research on the thousands of us that have been sitting around for the last 1-3 years. Oh, I don't know, a simple multiple choice question like what your response would be to a x%, y%, Z% price increase. A) I'm still in. B) Maybe. C) Go suck it. You would think they would have someone with some kind of background in market research. I mean come on. There has been far more market research conducted in these forum posts than the company has bothered to do.
They could have put an informal poll on here and gained A LOT of data on how customers would feel about price increases be they gradual or in one fell swoop!
Sponsored