Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

I pretty pretty consistently get about 2.3 based on the trip meter for road trips in conserve. Which lines up with what I see in actual range (about 293 miles in conserve on AT 20's driving 10+ over the speed limit). This is based on a lot of ascent / descent on my trips (one was up over the rockies the other was up over the Siskyious as well as in and out of the Yosemite Valley).

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I pretty pretty consistently get about 2.3 based on the trip meter for road trips in conserve. Which lines up with what I see in actual range (about 293 miles in conserve on AT 20's driving 10+ over the speed limit). This is based on a lot of ascent / descent on my trips (one was up over the rockies the other was up over the Siskyious as well as in and out of the Yosemite Valley).
Yeah best I have done with the 20” ATs in conserve was 2.4 over a 250mile drive in Wisconsin that was with cruise set to around 61mph (58-59 GPS) but with my roof rack on so I was pretty impressed

Sponsored

Flexnet

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sold 9/08/22 - 15 Ford F-150 Platinum FX4 off-road
Occupation
Project Manager
All you guys bragging about your range. I envy you guy’s being able to test this and post some good info. It’s appreciated!

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Seems really odd. For tire wear, how is it any different from a normal rear or front wheel drive vehicle? Regarding motor wear, is anyone expecting these motors to "wear out" before the 175,000 mile warranty period? I seemed to think that outside of total failure for one reason or another, electric drive units are basically bulletproof.
When starting and stopping all of the force to change momentum is applied to the front wheels.

And conserve defaults to lowest, which may bias wear to the inside edges of the tires.

Bobthebuilder352

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kubota
Occupation
Farmer
I’m getting 2.6+ too on 22” but the phantom/idle drain is real so call me a little skeptical on the true mileage

JamesPolk24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
The most accurate way to measure is with a charger that measure kwh. Charge to 85%. Drive it. Charge back to 85%. Divide miles by kwh to charge back to 85%. That's the real efficiency. Minus the pesky vampires which unfortunately have big fangs.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

https://dis.epa.gov/otaqpub/display_file.jsp?docid=53765&flag=1
Incorrect. It's a mixture of all modes provided. In conserve mode alone I'd imagine the actual range should be in excess of 320 miles.
You're right, the EPA docs show that the testing was done in conserve (best range mode) and sport (worst range mode). That's the reason the truck kicks out of off-road mode automatically as it's even worse than sport mode for range and they wanted the better EPA numbers.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Another data point, averaged over 2.5mi/kwh in All Purpose today with cruise set at 70 on the interstate (rolling hills). Wanted to see how different AP was from Conserve. I was getting close to 2.9 mi/kwh on the same stretch going the other way in Conserve.

For going to Conserve, is anyone treating it like shifting into 4wd and only doing it while stopped or are people changing from AP or Sport to Conserve while on highway at speed?

miasm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Another data point, averaged over 2.5mi/kwh in All Purpose today with cruise set at 70 on the interstate (rolling hills). Wanted to see how different AP was from Conserve. I was getting close to 2.9 mi/kwh on the same stretch going the other way in Conserve.

For going to Conserve, is anyone treating it like shifting into 4wd and only doing it while stopped or are people changing from AP or Sport to Conserve while on highway at speed?
I've switched back and forth at highway speeds multiple times to see if it would let me, and it did. Figured if they didn't lock it out that it was probably pretty safe to do so.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I've switched back and forth at highway speeds multiple times to see if it would let me, and it did. Figured if they didn't lock it out that it was probably pretty safe to do so.
Drive modes are locked out from being changed above 85 mph.

Tbrou16

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Preorder 4/22, Tesla Model 3 Performance
Finally, a real range test
Sponsored